Adjust vultures so they're only faster during horde nights when a player is on a vehicle.

Darklegend222

I don't mind the implementation of vultures being faster than vehicles during a horde night, but that was ONLY implemented to avoid cheesing them. I would like to see their speed adjusted back to normal during non-horde hours, regardless of day or night. Vultures seem to overspawn as it is, getting 3 vultures roughly every 100 blocks. It's extremely obsessive given that exiting a vehicle forces your camera into a seemingly random direction.

I am all for vultures aggroing onto the player if they're on a vehicle as it is now, but that speed is atrocious.

The difficulty isn't the issue, it's the annoyance that is. Vultures spawn in the wasteland and the desert. If I needed rotten flesh THAT badly, I'd go to the wasteland and take on a few zombie bears and never run out again. It's all about that oil shale and tier 4-5 POIs that don't spawn near where my base is. Makes the trek that much more annoying.

Line 5140 of entityclasses.xml reads as

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="2.1, 2.1"/> <!-- Used when player in vehicle -->

Just change "2.1, 2.1" to "1, 1"

Then do the same on Line 5176 for the Radiated Vulture.

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="1.5, 1.5"/>

5 hours ago, avalonnn said:

I play at a lower difficulty level so not an issue for me. I also play on maps that are nearly 50% forest. Does this vulture spawning happen only in the wasteland?

As far as I know, vultures won't attack you when you unless you are injured and less than max health whether you're in a vehicle or on foot.  If I'm full health I never get attacked.  If I'm down about 20 points or more, then they attack.  I play at Warrior or Survivalist level.

3 hours ago, zombiehunter said:

As far as I know, vultures won't attack you when you unless you are injured and less than max health whether you're in a vehicle or on foot.  If I'm full health I never get attacked.  If I'm down about 20 points or more, then they attack.  I play at Warrior or Survivalist level.

This is correct.  They will leave you alone if you have full health and no debuffs.  They also can't hit you when you are moving during the normal game, unlike during horde night.  If you have trouble with them hitting you when you edit the vehicle before you can turn to attack then, try stopping under something so they can't reach you without adjusting course.

10 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

The difficulty isn't the issue, it's the annoyance that is. Vultures spawn in the wasteland and the desert. If I needed rotten flesh THAT badly, I'd go to the wasteland and take on a few zombie bears and never run out again. It's all about that oil shale and tier 4-5 POIs that don't spawn near where my base is. Makes the trek that much more annoying.

Cliff racers in Morrowind...

• 2 weeks later...