Intruder in my Single Player Game?

zombiehunter

So I'm playing my game, single player like I always do, and all of a sudden I notice a message on the left side of my screen saying <someone> has joined.  Then the message faded out quickly.  I'm thinking, WTH???  A little bit later I see a player running across the street a bit away from me.  This character was not a zombie.  It stopped for a second, then took off running again.

Is this even possible that someone can join your single player game without you allowing it or setting up a server, which I don't know how to do?  Anybody else seen behavior like this?

Weird.

A single player game of 7 Days to Die is basically a local server with only one user. In the General tab, you can set the server visibility to "Not Listed", set a password, and reduce the number of players to 1. Then no one else can connect to the server.

Had that happen way back when I first got the game. I politely told him I hadn't meant to allow others to join and was going to be shutting down and restarting game for just me. He was disappointed but understood. I think his name was hockeyguy or something like that.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:14 AM, zombiehunter said:

Thanks for the info guys.  I'll use those settings next time I play.

I wish TFP would change the default settings to 1 player instead of something higher.  At the very least they need to allow us to set our own defaults.  The current defaults are ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Maharin said:

I wish TFP would change the default settings to 1 player instead of something higher.  At the very least they need to allow us to set our own defaults.  The current defaults are ridiculous.

Then again this could become a game in its own right. 

1) Select a player to player server with just one person playing. 

2) Join the game hopefully unnoticed. 

3) Find them in the game and try to sneak up behind them while they are busy. 

4) Deliver the most epic jump scare possible. 

11 hours ago, Roland said:

Then again this could become a game in its own right. 

1) Select a player to player server with just one person playing. 

2) Join the game hopefully unnoticed. 

3) Find them in the game and try to sneak up behind them while they are busy. 

4) Deliver the most epic jump scare possible. 

You forgot 3.5) make sure voice chat is on so when you go get behind them you can go "Rawr"

I guess this could also be 2.5)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)