Newspaper/Plastic Bags/Blood on ground

ChillyFlake

Just the general trash stuff you see on roads or pathways or stuff. Not the gubbins you can break apart with an ax but i mean the things baked onto the terrain. How in the HELL are you supposed/expected to remove them?

It's gotten to the point that i feel you are explicitly expected to leave it there and just deal but its that same thing of "just because its post apoc doesnt mean we would stop cleaning up."

Moreover, some of the time i can dig it up and replace whatever i dug up and itll be gone, but sometimes if i do that it makes the terrain uneven and jagged! Right now my best option to remove the trash on a long stretch of road i live by is to dig up the gravel, replace it, and bring it to 66/200 health. am i just missing something?

46 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

You cant.  It's part of the world texture generation that happens in RWG.

You can also flatten ground by placing items on top of the area.  I use removable wooden cubes.

well i know that, as i tried but apparently failed to make clear. the problem is theres a long stretch of land at LEAST 500 blocks long that is generated to not be flush with the blocks, i.e. its slightly lower and placing a block to flatten raises it, not to mention the slow incline pathways that go up or down and placing a block only makes a minecraft-extreme step incline.

i know what they are and i know basic ways to get rid of them im just asking if theres a less @%$#ty way to do it where i have to manually sculpt the replaced ground back into whatever shape it was in

15 hours ago, ChillyFlake said:

well i know that, as i tried but apparently failed to make clear. the problem is theres a long stretch of land at LEAST 500 blocks long that is generated to not be flush with the blocks, i.e. its slightly lower and placing a block to flatten raises it, not to mention the slow incline pathways that go up or down and placing a block only makes a minecraft-extreme step incline.

i know what they are and i know basic ways to get rid of them im just asking if theres a less @%$#ty way to do it where i have to manually sculpt the replaced ground back into whatever shape it was in

Yeah that's gotta suck.   I'm not sure if there's anything I've come across from my playbook that can help you other than 'out of sight, out of mind.'

For me that would mean I'd just straight up move away from the eyesore so my OCD doesn't send me down the path of trying to fix landscape issues.

14 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

Use the 6x6 tarp shape and place it pick it up rinse and repeat is the best way

as i said the efficiency of stuff like that doesnt help given that would make an entire area uniform when as it stands its a pathway that isnt flush with block palcement and off the pathway its hilly goes down at angles etc etc

36 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Yeah that's gotta suck.   I'm not sure if there's anything I've come across from my playbook that can help you other than 'out of sight, out of mind.'

For me that would mean I'd just straight up move away from the eyesore so my OCD doesn't send me down the path of trying to fix landscape issues.

LOOOOOL yeah same, ive done it in the past but this area, besides the @%$# on the ground, is just so perfect for builds and stuff. really a shame, id love a mod that s traight up removes the trash but on the other hand it is a very cool thing walking into a city seein it strewn about

You can modify the biomes file if it really bothers you.

At the bottom, in the POI section, you have the roads.  Each line for a texture would be one of the blocks that get generated

<poi name="City Asphalt" poimapcolor="#1" blockname="terrAsphalt">
        <decal texture="0" face="0" prob="0.001"/> <!-- 0 == 500 -->
        <decal texture="1" face="0" prob="0.001"/> <!-- 1 == 501 -->
        <decal texture="2" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="3" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="4" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="5" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="6" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="7" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="8" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="9" face="0" prob="0"/>
        <decal texture="10" face="0" prob="0"/>
        <decal texture="11" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="12" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="13" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="14" face="0" prob="0.001"/>
        <decal texture="15" face="0" prob="0.001"/>

Setting the probabilities to 0 should keep them from spawning in, but I can't guarantee that right now.  Note this would only apply to newly generated worlds, not one you already generated or one of the pre-generated worlds

And in case you are wondering / going to ask, it would take one line of code

<set xpath="//decal/@prob">0</set>

The different road surfaces are the only items in the biomes file that has decal as a node, so if you want to remove all decals that is how you would do it.

If you are targeting specific decals, then you would need to do the following:

<set xpath="//poi[@name='City Asphalt']/decal[@texture='0']/@prob">0</set>

Assuming I wrote up my code correctly

If you really just want to clean up one area and don't care about the rest of the map, and you don't mind admin tools, there is an item in the game you can grab from the Creative Menu called the Admin Block Replace Tool (dark purple wrench). Left click a clean road to set it as the source, then right click on the decal and it will remove it without changing terrain level.

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/wx4gN7k

1. Hit F1 to pop up console
  2. Enter cm and hit enter
  3. Hit esc to close console
  4. Press U to open up creative menu
  5. Search "dev" and then click on the icon between the hand and the star
  6. Look for a dark purple wrench
  7. Repeat step 1-3 to disable creative menu

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You can modify the biomes file if it really bothers you.

Assuming I wrote up my code correctly

yoooo ty! ill do some experimenting with this but this looks absolute boss, tysm!

1 hour ago, NekoPawtato said:

If you really just want to clean up one area and don't care about the rest of the map, and you don't mind admin tools, there is an item in the game you can grab from the Creative Menu called the Admin Block Replace Tool (dark purple wrench). Left click a clean road to set it as the source, then right click on the decal and it will remove it without changing terrain level.

Reveal hidden contents

this as well!! gonna use the HELL out of that block replace thats exactly what i was looking for

(adding this line of text cause for some reason its saying this is spam ;-;)

2 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

Hide contents

That is pretty baller right there.  I'm going to remember that!