[Modlet] A21 Zombies

TormentedEmu

Hi everyone!

Here is the initial release of my zombie pack.  Hope you enjoy!  I do plan on adding more zombies and possibly some custom harmony mods as I ease back into the modding scene.  Please let me know what you think of it.  I'd love to hear your feedback.

Spoiler

7DaysToDie_G0ebporCNX.thumb.jpg.de608f86a230545aebd2998d822bea4f.jpg

I call him Freddy.  Super nice guy.

I want to give thanks to my friends who supported my husband and I through the difficult times in the last few years:

Guppycur, TSBX, Sphere, Khaine, Sirillion, Chikorina, Mumpfy, Xyth, and so many others.  I love you guys.

Credits:  Xyth and Sphere helped me get back into modding again ❤️

Links:

A21 Mods on Github

Direct download Latest Release

Updated Wednesday 09/20/2023

Physicsbodies and entityclasses xml data provided from the mega powerful NPCCore and SCore

POWERED_LOGO_HORIZONTAL_low.jpg.30572724bdebd894423969bd55a044f3.jpg

Edited by TormentedEmu
Edited text (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Evil_Geoff said:

@TormentedEmu - Do your zombies require/work with NPCCore?  I don't want to end up crashing if they conflict with the one's I already have installed.

No they don't require the NPCCore to run.  There will more than likely be a naming conflict because I used Xyth's definition for mixamoConvertedStandardZombie.  You can comment out the one in my physicsbodies.xml if you run it with NPCCore.

So far.  She is working on more. :)

7 hours ago, TormentedEmu said:

I'll rename mine in case anyone runs it with the NPCCore

That's what I ended up doing for mine, just to make sure they're standalone in case they need to be.  I think I just threw a "gup" in front of my physics body entry name.  Maybe do a "TE"?

He's awesome, looks the part, and his idle movement is classic zombie for sure.

The only thing that stands out for feedback is the slight pause when lining up for an attack. Since it occurs from a greater distance than the default zombies, it doesn't quite land when a player is in motion such as backing away face to face. Default zombies are typically right in your face, and any slight pause makes sure they are still within range of a hit. If you're walking away from Freddy with him behind you, he isn't quite able to get a hit on us, even if he's running/aggroed. Other than that, I'm looking forward to more.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2023 at 12:24 PM, Almost Human said:

Are the green flannel-wearing zombies supposed to be set to nightmare speed no matter what? I'm playing with 16x ambient zombies and feral sense so seeing this guy is a death sentence.

Yes.  Forgive me.  They are a little bit of a challenge at first.  :D