Vehicle speeds

Krougal

Did they adjust the vehicle speeds in the latest build?

I swear the minibike seems much faster, even at normal speed.

I've actually been scaling my turbo modifier back down towards normal because it feels like I went way overboard.

Started a new game for the new build, so I don't know about the other vehicles yet.

I didn't check the minibike but the motorcycle and 4x4 had their normal speeds reduced from 14m/s to 13m/s.  With the super charger, the speed was increased from 17m/s to 18m/s.  I think the gyro was changed in the same fashion as well.

I looked at it because the motorcycle and 4x4 seemed slower than they were in A20 without the super charger, and they are.

That doesn't jive with vehicles.xml currently.

Gyro:    <property name="velocityMax" value="9, 9" />

Bicycle:    <property name="velocityMax" value="6, 4" />

Minibike:    <property name="velocityMax" value="7, 4" />

Motorcycle:    <property name="velocityMax" value="9.33, 6" />

4x4:     <property name="velocityMax" value="9.33, 9" />

I'm comparing A21B16 to whatever the last A21 build was before it though, I know they were slowed down whenever the super charger was added.

I'm not really sure what to think either, the speeds seem to jump up and down a bit. That or the turboScale is not just affecting the speed when holding shift but all the time.

I'm still toying with them, but I've only got it a little higher than the defaults at this point. The motorcycle was even worse than the minibike as far as being hard to control.

4 hours ago, zombiehunter said:

Hmmm...I'm still on A21B324 (?) so I haven't updated to A21.1 yet.  Maybe there is a difference there?  I'll have to go back and double-check those speeds but I'm 99% sure I'm correct on those two vehicles.

Yeah, if you get a chance and you remember, I'm curious.

14 minutes ago, Vampirenostra said:

BTW did someone make a modlet with speedometer?

Hmmm...that's an idea.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2861?tab=description

I am not sure what version it is intended for, files 4/23 so probably A20, but GUI modlets seem to continue to work, I was still using Redeagle's which haven't been updated since A19 or maybe even earlier.

10 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

what would be the benefit of a speed gauge? You hope that cops want to see your driver's license before spitting green goo at you? 🤪

Dunno the true benefit. The UL overhaul mod does indeed display a speedometer while you're in/on one of the many available vehicles. A numerical value for my speed is nice to know I suppose, and perhaps an easy way to compare the performance of various vehicles. I'll maybe glance at it once or twice and then its a matter of 'OK, I know this now. This vehicle is is faster or not as fast as another'. Beyond that, it just creates clutter on the HUD that I subconsciously ignore. And I can still go faster than the spitting cops. Lol.

The only real benefit is to test vehicle speeds with and without the supercharger and with and without holding shift to make sure everything is working correctly.  Some people have been saying they think they speeds are not working correctly right now and this would help unless it just takes the max speed value and uses that instead of calculating speed.

Other than that, it is just cosmetic.

On 8/20/2023 at 7:45 PM, Riamus said:

The only real benefit is to test vehicle speeds with and without the supercharger and with and without holding shift to make sure everything is working correctly.  Some people have been saying they think they speeds are not working correctly right now and this would help unless it just takes the max speed value and uses that instead of calculating speed.

Other than that, it is just cosmetic.

That is quire the idea, I can really feel the difference between having mods on/off and holding shift or not. Does it make any sense from consumption point of view? how fast do I move when I fly comparing to just when I crawl on foot...