Airdrop restrictions on dedi servers, what was the reason for this?

Scrubo

did someone do something to you? would you like to talk about it?

In MP servers its nice to mix up the drop times and get all diferent times of day and night. restricting to 0, 24, 72, 168 is rteally taking away a lot of variation. is this a fixed thing? do we need to mod it to make other times available? not sure if theres a coding reason but this does seem anti-fun.

Did you really test this on a MP server or did you only see this restriction in your game UI?

On servers a file called serverconfig.xml handles those settings and while I haven't tested it the setting seems to be unrestricted (i.e. the comment on that option just says "How often airdrop occur in game-hours, 0 == never").

@YourMirror: Is aggressive without passive like you seem to do any better?

@Scrubo: Lines in the fixed section often describes how stuff is wrong currently and seldomly how it gets changed. I.e. it often tells the "before" state and not the "after" state. Also the lines are just extracted titles from their internal versioning system and often are cryptic because they are not really written with external readers in mind.

So it isn't always clear what is meant. "needs" seems to point to the latter interpretation but on the other hand I don't see why they should do something like that without a very compelling reason. it would make sense first to ask what that means and why, or first try it out on a test game before making any conclusions.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I mean this line is pretty clear, but 7 days has had some of the weirdest wordings i have ever seen in patch notes. Sometimes i think someone is sitting there thinking about how he could word this the least understandable way possible while still using a proper sentence.

42 minutes ago, meganoth said:

@YourMirror: Is aggressive without passive like you seem to do any better?

Yes, the only way to react to someone using the kind of passive aggressiveness the OP does. Not asking one question, acting as if TFP are out to get them, not even basing on ingame experience but merely air and best of all make a strong conclusion based on all those assumptions. Put them in place so to speak. Holding a mirror. Considder it a hobby.

Edited by YourMirror (see edit history)

1 hour ago, YourMirror said:

Yes, the only way to react to someone using the kind of passive aggressiveness the OP does. Not asking one question, acting as if TFP are out to get them, not even basing on ingame experience but merely air and best of all make a strong conclusion based on all those assumptions. Put them in place so to speak. Holding a mirror. Considder it a hobby.

Your "only" way may be the more fun way, but on the internet it simply does not work. Because psychologically it is far easier for the flamed person to blame the flamer for being a "rude idiot" than to look for the fault in his own post. You can't self-reflect if you are angry about some other person