Skipped horde night???

Krougal

So I was midway up Higashi tower on a t5 clear quest when I realized it was early evening and it was horde night (I am 100% sure that even though I have it set to morning it frequently doesn't turn red until late in the day). and a moment of panic hit me as I am too greedy to abandon the quest but scared @%$#less that I am going to get pummeled by a horde while clearing the top of the tower (which in and of itself at night is a fair challenge). I am about to go for DM and set the time back to earlier, but I stop and decide to "just roll with it" and really once I am past the elevators there is no path to me even and surely the horde won't be able to bring down the entire place. Hell, I would pay money to see that anyway.

So I focus on what I am doing and continue clearing my way up and because I am a loot whore, also gathering my loot. Night falls and nothing. I didn't even get the horde sound. I figured they would be milling around on the ground. Nope. Nothing. I finished up right around morning (had missed a room or three in the lab area somehow, even though I otherwise cleared that level and had to backtrack) . So I head down to the upper lobby, expecting to see a bunch of zeds and nothing.

Is it because I was so high up or is it a thing to not interrupt your quest? Speaking of which, does logging out still cause automatic failure if you are in the middle of a quest?

It might have been because you were so high up, but I'm honestly just guessing. The Fun Pimps would not be nice enough to do something like that so as not to interrupt your questing.

As for logging out during a quest, I'm not sure, as I haven't had it happen in A21 yet. I'd be curious to know the answer as well (as I've had the game crash in A20 during a quest, removing all progress, but keeping the ! there but making it unavailable).

I often get surprised in a skyscraper (I play with random blood without alert) and have no problem with that.

I notice that if these is sleeper in the range at 22pm, they take the place of the bloodmoon zombie.

If you want to skip a bloodmoon, go near a full zombie poi (the crackbook t5 is perfect for that), enter the first room just to make spawn the sleeper (no need to wake up them), as they are about 20-30, they take place of the maxalive bloodmoon. even if they depop, as you do not kill them or not, there will not switch at blood pop as the first one never pop.

(hope you understand what I mean, not english here ;) )

Edited by elwooood (see edit history)

I've done no hard testing, so I'm only going to share my experience here, give or take.

I recall in the past this happened to a few streamers in previous alphas.  Not sure if its still a thing but it seems likely that it remains a bit of a conundrum.  I recall the discussion going to the tune of the horde night will empty out the entire chunk, effectively clearing sleeper volumes for the duration of horde night.  The zed horde will spawn on the ground and then make an attempt to climb up the high rise and come after you.  However, if you go high enough, that REALLY bugs out as the distance between yourself and the spawn zone are too far apart to allow the game to engage the event itself.  It is a limitation of the world environment code, I think.  Don't hold me to it as fact, but that is my best guess.

I can't comment on the horde night part but I can verify that if you exit the game during a quest, the quest will reset.  It won't fail or complete.  Instead, you'll have the option to reactivate the quest and start over from the beginning (the POI will reset just like starting the quest initially).

13 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

I've done no hard testing, so I'm only going to share my experience here, give or take.

I recall in the past this happened to a few streamers in previous alphas.  Not sure if its still a thing but it seems likely that it remains a bit of a conundrum.  I recall the discussion going to the tune of the horde night will empty out the entire chunk, effectively clearing sleeper volumes for the duration of horde night.  The zed horde will spawn on the ground and then make an attempt to climb up the high rise and come after you.  However, if you go high enough, that REALLY bugs out as the distance between yourself and the spawn zone are too far apart to allow the game to engage the event itself.  It is a limitation of the world environment code, I think.  Don't hold me to it as fact, but that is my best guess.

Yeah, that is what I expected to happen (the horde to spawn on the ground and go ape@%$# and tank my framerate) , but like you said maybe I was too high up. Higashi and Dishong are really tall.

I had this happen to me recently where it was day 84 and I was doing the Two Bit Tower T5 quest.  I was about half way up the building when the 2200 sound effect kicked in.  I had one of those "oh ****" moments as I totally forgot it was a horde night.  I guess maybe because that building isn't that tall the horde spawned.  I fought valiantly but didn't make it, LOL.