Xbox app pc version stuck on a constant sign in loop

NoahB

So, i just got 7 days to die pc version and when I try to start it it just gets stuck on a screen just saying signing in and it stays there on a loop and I'm at the point where I've tried everything i could think of so I'm asking anyone for help.

So, i just got 7 days to die pc version and when I try to start it it just gets stuck on a screen just saying signing in and it stays there on a loop and I'm at the point where I've tried everything i could think of so I'm asking anyone for help.it would be a image like this below but with a signing in loading circle at the bottom right and it would just stay on this screen.书集 - 一个充满攻击性的个人博客

16 minutes ago, NoahB said:

oh dam whats the link for that

I'm not sure what your GPU is because the driver completely fails to load so it's just a "Null device". So, go to nvida or amd or whichever card you have and acquire the driver there, and DDU is here (download the driver, reboot in Safe Mode, run DDU - you may want to check the disable windows update from acquiring a driver option), reboot into non-safe mode, install the driver) Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.6.4 (guru3d.com)

As Jugginator said, download DDU and run it in safe mode to completely uninstall your vidcard drivers. There's 2 ways to get the newest drivers. If you have Gforce Experience installed, run it and it will download the latest drivers for your card. Or go to nvidia.com and work your way through the site to download the latest drivers. If doing this results in you still having a problem then your video card might just be dead which would suck for you.

@Star69Im still having the same problem with the sign in loop off the start idk what to do at this point if you wanna see what it looks like just reply and  go to the discord and ill screen share

i looked through most of the files and it's just the same thing about shaders. 

Edited by NoahB
observing (see edit history)

have a look at your starting parameters in Steam, there are a few strange things to notice:

2023-04-19T15:51:55 0.072 INF Command line arguments: 7DaysToDie -logfile E:\SteamCheckout\testing_trunk-windows-client\\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log__2023-04-19__15-51-54.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

-quit

-batchmode

-nographics                                 <-- THIS is the reason for your NullGfxDevice

-configfile=serverconfig.xml

-dedicated

is this a server or a client installation? For a client installation they are all not needed (remove them completeley).

and btw., "testing_trunk"?

Edited by q123
typo (see edit history)

sorry, I don't know anything about the Xbox app.... but your logfile smells like a Steam version to me (?)

Regardless of the version - those startup parameters are most likely the culprit.

Especially "nographics".

IMHO you have 3 options:

A) find out, where those parameters are defined and remove them (I can't help here if it's really a xbox app, cause I only own the steam version...)

B) wait until someone with xbox experience find this thread...

C) try to start the programm manually. To do, find "7DaysToDie.exe" on your system and start it with a double click. It may be located under "E:/SteamCheckout/testing_trunk-windows-client/" (?)

I just checked other peoples logfiles with xbox app an they have the following in the logs "XBL":

[Platform] Using native platform: XBL

You on the other hand you have "Steam" in it:

2023-04-19T15:51:55 0.161 INF [Platform] Using native platform: Steam

according to your logfile it is a steam version.  hmm... dunno what this really is.

Update: the date is "2023-04-19", the version is "Alpha 21 (b265)" - are you sure this is the actual logfile? I don't think so.

Update2: this is a logfile of an unofficial version, not for the public audience. Where did you get it from? Testing_trunc?? I smell something here...

Edited by q123 (see edit history)

@q123 yea I really don't think i have a output log cause i could never get the game to start but i found those output logs in the 7daystodie_data

hey check out this log this is the very first log file there was its saying a 1060 gpu but i have a 1650 and the logs from 2021

2021 output log - Pastebin.com

Edited by NoahB (see edit history)

Don't expect usefull help without an actual and valid logfile, sorry.

If your only existing logfile is from "E:/SteamCheckout/testing_trunk-windows-client/..." then I'm out...

(cause casual users should not have access to this version.)