Do you build realistically, or do you cheese game mechanics?

warmer

Do you build realistic buildings or do you cheese game mechanics?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you build realistic buildings or do you cheese game mechanics?

• I am build realistically
    • I build using floating blocks

I consider using weird things in the AI to funnel the zombies in a completely non-zombie way to be cheesing the AI. The Killing Corridor can still be built as an AFK base by using the AI's pathing over certain blocks against it. I myself build a long pathway that has electric fences and sledge turrets as a way to slow the zombies and eventually force them to return to the start of the pathway. To me this all indicates a level of thought by the "zombies".

I'm one of those guys who does not see thinking "zombies" as zombies. If they think, they are NOT zombies. The zombies path on horde night to an insane degree. They actually path better on horde night than they do on the average night. Zombies have fallen off of my path on a non-horde night but never fall off on horde night unless I want them to. To me, 7 Days to Die is not a zombie game. It's a game where you defend against a bunch of living infected that are in the process of dying. The body shots lend to this as well. Zombies that die from body shots are again NOT zombies.

All in all, this is just how I see it. Nobody else has to agree with me that it's cheesing per se. I'm cool with people cheesing literally everything if they want to. I have. It's just another way to play the game. Technically, you are never entirely safe as cop spit, vulture spit, and other explosive elements can still hurt you. Some floating bases can reduce the chances of this, but I'm not sure they will eliminate it entirely.

More than anything though, just have fun with it. Do what you enjoy in game. Hell, if what you enjoy is activating god mode and blowing up a zillion zombies with the dev bomb, go for it. Level a few cities in that manner for all I care. Why do people even care to judge how others play the game anyways?

Edit: obviously, the comments about god mode is in regards to single player games.

Edited by Stranded_Napkin
more information (see edit history)

I would not use floating bases. That is where i draw the line.

But i've might have been guilty of using arrowslits for cheap base entries, once or thrice upon a time.  Instead of jump to reach ladder, or other

methods.

Using zombie pathing i don't see as cheese, nor unrealistic.  It's a concept used for hilltop castles since ancient times , and for a good strategic reason.

I don't necessarely think it is good for a game , since it is predictable and easy to work with. But , it is what The Fun Pimps wants us to have, which is

why i don't see it as cheese, but rather playing the game as intended.

And.. we had effective ways to deal with zombies before A17 too. Using what we are given to our advantage is nothing new. In my opinion, it boils down to

how a player plays the game. Some will play it as fighting/ zombie killing game, others will play it more as a survival/RP type of game. And probaly a lot of mixes

inbetween those two. 

I cheese game mechanics... why you may ask - have you seen in any zombie movie of zombies digging through reinforced concrete and solid steel ?  With zombies not being real put aside (either supernatural or virus), if they can tear thourgh tough material like a rat eats cheese,  I'm all for cheese.  (See what I did there?)

On 7/13/2023 at 3:48 PM, warmer said:

I often see videos on horde bases that use impossible physics/floating blocks. This to me takes all the fun/challenge out of the game.

What is your opinion?

Agreed but if I'm making something decorative then yeah other wise no. 

I'm fact I take it a step further by not cheeseing the AI both my base and the horde base are the same.