Clear missions are bugged.

Ronin007

8 hours ago, zeaposs said:

Enemies that spawn by the switches are NOT shown as orange markers.

I'm pretty sure that isn't correct.  I had a POI that has the final loot room behind a broken switch and it showed the dot for those zombies.  And, no, they weren't already spawned because I broke down the door since the button didn't work (before you could destroy the button or generator to fix the issue) and they still weren't there.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

I'm pretty sure that isn't correct.  I had a POI that has the final loot room behind a broken switch and it showed the dot for those zombies.  And, no, they weren't already spawned because I broke down the door since the button didn't work (before you could destroy the button or generator to fix the issue) and they still weren't there.

I'm pretty sure this is a thing, I remember at least one instance in Red Mesa when I had last zombies to clear by the flaming tanks the wouldn't show up. I recall two POIs with last sleepers behind the door with a broken switch: already mentioned installation_red_mesa (vault door, but it already has zombies spawned in there) and hotel_01 (double door/blind, but zombies also are already spawned inside). If you'll be able to either give any additional info about the POI or the name, I will gladly check it on my save.

Edited by zeaposs (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, zeaposs said:

I'm pretty sure this is a thing, I remember at least one instance in Red Mesa when I had last zombies to clear by the flaming tanks the wouldn't show up. I recall two POIs with last sleepers behind the door with a broken switch: already mentioned installation_red_mesa (vault door, but it already has zombies spawned in there) and hotel_01 (double door/blind, but zombies also are already spawned inside). If you'll be able to either give any additional info about the POI or the name, I will gladly check it on my save.

That could just mean there was another missing zombie.

The one I had was the final zombie group because it showed on the compass and was in the loot room  behind a door and when that door was broken, I could walk right onto the dot and nothing was spawned.  I'd have to figure out which POI it was.  I know it was one with a small room on the roof behind a locked door with a button.  There was a separate room on the roof with one of the large generators.  And lots of windows on the "floor" of the roof.  I know I posted about the button bug during experimental and that included the POI name but I trying to find that post now would be difficult.

Thinking about it, it might have been the POI with the glass elevator shaft in the middle of the building.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Riamus said:

That could just mean there was another missing zombie.

The one I had was the final zombie group because it showed on the compass and was in the loot room  behind a door and when that door was broken, I could walk right onto the dot and nothing was spawned.  I'd have to figure out which POI it was.  I know it was one with a small room on the roof behind a locked door with a button.  There was a separate room on the roof with one of the large generators.  And lots of windows on the "floor" of the roof.  I know I posted about the button bug during experimental and that included the POI name but I trying to find that post now would be difficult.

Thinking about it, it might have been the POI with the glass elevator shaft in the middle of the building.

Is it this one? https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32448-coc-chemicals-tier-3-exit-olgiddy-loot-room-door/?do=findComment&comment=526395

12 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yes, that is the one.  You can even see the dot in that screenshot as well as the button that is supposed to open the door and spawn the zombies.

I'll see if I manage to get quest for that POI on Navezgane and see, if I can replicate it., I wonder, if those zombies would spawn on switch/generator destruction. But for now the only case, where I had orange marker with no zombies was in weigh_station_01. And those zombies should be triggered (propably) by the event on POI, not by a switch. 

11 hours ago, zeaposs said:

I'll see if I manage to get quest for that POI on Navezgane and see, if I can replicate it., I wonder, if those zombies would spawn on switch/generator destruction. But for now the only case, where I had orange marker with no zombies was in weigh_station_01. And those zombies should be triggered (propably) by the event on POI, not by a switch. 

Yes, breaking the switch or generator would work now.  This was prior to them adding that as an option to deal with the bug where buttons fail to work while they try to find and fix the actual bug.  Either way, you can see that there is a dot and that the dot is in a small room and no zombies are anywhere to be seen because they are not spawned even if you walk around inside the room.  There wouldn't be any reason to not show a dot just because a switch is used to spawn the zombies.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Got stuck back into 7dtd when A21 stable was out and have been playing it since.

Three of us are playing on a dedicated server.

We had no issues with any quests until we hit the desert biome and since then we've had several fetch quests fail where it still says we have to clear the area but there aren't any zombies to kill.

This has happened on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 fetch quests. Some of them are tiny buildings where we've gone through everything extensively and still can't solve them. Eventually we've had to abandon both and we are now actively avoiding fetch quests which takes a lot away from the game. In both cases we also checked the "radar" and it was not showing any yellow or red dots.

If we aren't able to complete high tier quests later in game it's going to be game breaking.

I just watched a video showing that some zombie triggers (ie falling into a trap, or stepping into water, or pressing a button) could be the cause, and I'll actively look out for those next time, but is there anything else that we can do?

Are there any commands to:

1. "reset" zombie spawns?

2. "complete" a broken fetch quest

3. "scan and fix" save files that may have gotten corrupt?

I've seen that there is an xml setting that might help but I'm not sure this would help, as there were no places left for zombies to hide in these small quests. 

<label height="32" justify="right" text="ShowQuestClearCount: {show_quest_clear_count}" />

I just upgraded the server to A21.1 so hopefully that fixed something although I read through the changelog and didn't see any specific fixes.

Update:

The T1 fetch that we couldn't clear was The Greasy Spoon. But we had cleared this same one before.

Since A21.1:

I picked up a new query to clear Buzz's Bar and that worked fine. I even got the yellow and red indicators. Will ask my mates to do the same and report back.

Update 2

So we tested if we each do the clear quests individually they seem to work all the time. 

As soon as we do them as a group of 3 they fail.

We'll try as groups of 2 tonight and see if that works.

Edited by Wyzak
Added more info (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the information!

It's been a rough bug to work out, but I wanted to share we should have a complete fix for this. Testing so far has proven successful, including in old saves that had broken switches in them. Although there are some oddities with old saves that can happen if the stars align in a certain way, which should be resolved by resetting regions (using the rr command, do not delete region files manually out of the save folder -- that is no longer supported!). I believe if a player is currently at a quest POI that has switches with generators and is on a quest the switches may not spawn correctly with the quest, that's where the region reset command comes into play. But, you may need to do a new save, just a heads up, if you see really bad issues. I haven't seen any yet, but just wanted to let you all know since this was one complicated bug.

Expect the fix coming soon!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 8:05 AM, Wyzak said:

Hi everyone,

Got stuck back into 7dtd when A21 stable was out and have been playing it since.

Three of us are playing on a dedicated server.

We had no issues with any quests until we hit the desert biome and since then we've had several fetch quests fail where it still says we have to clear the area but there aren't any zombies to kill.

This has happened on both Tier 1 and Tier 2 fetch quests. Some of them are tiny buildings where we've gone through everything extensively and still can't solve them. Eventually we've had to abandon both and we are now actively avoiding fetch quests which takes a lot away from the game. In both cases we also checked the "radar" and it was not showing any yellow or red dots.

If we aren't able to complete high tier quests later in game it's going to be game breaking.

I just watched a video showing that some zombie triggers (ie falling into a trap, or stepping into water, or pressing a button) could be the cause, and I'll actively look out for those next time, but is there anything else that we can do?

Are there any commands to:

1. "reset" zombie spawns?

2. "complete" a broken fetch quest

3. "scan and fix" save files that may have gotten corrupt?

I've seen that there is an xml setting that might help but I'm not sure this would help, as there were no places left for zombies to hide in these small quests. 

<label height="32" justify="right" text="ShowQuestClearCount: {show_quest_clear_count}" />

I just upgraded the server to A21.1 so hopefully that fixed something although I read through the changelog and didn't see any specific fixes.

Update:

The T1 fetch that we couldn't clear was The Greasy Spoon. But we had cleared this same one before.

Since A21.1:

I picked up a new query to clear Buzz's Bar and that worked fine. I even got the yellow and red indicators. Will ask my mates to do the same and report back.

Update 2

So we tested if we each do the clear quests individually they seem to work all the time. 

As soon as we do them as a group of 3 they fail.

We'll try as groups of 2 tonight and see if that works.

We are having exactly the same issue.
Due to a power outage, my PC shut down, and my server files got corrupted, mainly the main.ttw and main.ttw.bak.
After searching through the internet, I found a solution to replace these old files with new ones.
Luckily, I had the starting world as a backup, so I copied those files, and it fixed our issue.
Now we are having a problem with the clear zombie quest; after 2-3 failed tier 6 runs, we decided to do some tier one so that we could search the whole area to see if there were any zombies hidden or something. Still, tier one was also not completed.
Then, I found a solution on Reddit that a restart might solve the issue. Luckily, it did.
But now, we have to restart the server every time to complete any clear zombie mission.
The fun part is if we do the quest alone, there is no issue whatsoever, but when we try to do the quest with the team, it won't clear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 3:54 AM, xDeath said:

We are having exactly the same issue.
Due to a power outage, my PC shut down, and my server files got corrupted, mainly the main.ttw and main.ttw.bak.
After searching through the internet, I found a solution to replace these old files with new ones.
Luckily, I had the starting world as a backup, so I copied those files, and it fixed our issue.
Now we are having a problem with the clear zombie quest; after 2-3 failed tier 6 runs, we decided to do some tier one so that we could search the whole area to see if there were any zombies hidden or something. Still, tier one was also not completed.
Then, I found a solution on Reddit that a restart might solve the issue. Luckily, it did.
But now, we have to restart the server every time to complete any clear zombie mission.
The fun part is if we do the quest alone, there is no issue whatsoever, but when we try to do the quest with the team, it won't clear.

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We're having this EXACT same issue. My cat turned my PC off, logged back in and files were corrupted. Fixed/replaced the same files you did, but now we're having to entirely do quests to get the completion. If we run it the first time, no success as it bugs. But rerunning the exact same quest the second time (without restarting) works. It's so weird. 

Thank you

• 3 months later...

To friends in the community... yesterday I went through this, I was in a group of 3 players and it went wrong, the mission was level 5 to clean the Pop-N-Pills factory, the door button wouldn't open the door, I opened it with the pickaxe and I killed the enemies, however, the mission kept warning me that there were no zombies in the room, after a lot of research, I found this forum and as an alternative solution I took the reward ticket to compensate, but, before deleting the mission, I had an idea, what if did I break the button? Well, I simply solved the bug, broke the button, reset the zombies in the room, then eliminated them and the mission was completed.

• 4 weeks later...

So had this bug today on a NDC checkpoint 4 Infested Clear.  Tried it 3 times.  The last group of zombies seems to trigger when I push the button on the "loot" room and step inside.  I went back through the POI and tried to "trigger" anything I missed - nothing happens.  I tried destroying the generators like one of the posts here suggested.  There's 3 generators in this POI - two small and one large.  I got one zombie to spawn destroying one of the small generators but thats it and that didn't complete the quest.  I finally gave up.  Appreciate all the loot but I'd like to complete the quest.