Clear missions are bugged.

Ronin007

3 hours ago, SenLim said:

I didn't read the whole thread but I experienced one yesterday. T1 clear quest. No zombies. 1 red dot but no zombie. I had to activate "key chain" thing and suddenly zombie appeared in the outhouse.

That is intended even if it is counterintuitive until you happen upon the way to trigger the zombies.  The issue is where the triggers don't work at all.

Just to let yall know since this is a serious and elusive bug, I think I made a breakthrough in reproduction, will bring it up in a meeting today and work on it more to get it solid. All this information is much appreciated, it really does help.

1 hour ago, Jugginator said:

Just to let yall know since this is a serious and elusive bug, I think I made a breakthrough in reproduction, will bring it up in a meeting today and work on it more to get it solid. All this information is much appreciated, it really does help.

If you need my save with the bug on installation_red_mesa, let me know. Btw, is any of those bugs reproducable on b324, or do you have to have save from older version?

16 minutes ago, zeaposs said:

If you need my save with the bug on installation_red_mesa, let me know. Btw, is any of those bugs reproducable on b324, or do you have to have save from older version?

Thanks! Normally I'd say it may not help, but in this weird case it can't hurt to have something like that to work off of -- that'd be nice to have. Version doesn't matter.

31 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Thanks! Normally I'd say it may not help, but in this weird case it can't hurt to have something like that to work off of -- that'd be nice to have. Version doesn't matter.

I hope I'm not voliating any rules about links...

This is a save with inactive switches. I've removed all region info to make the save smaller, but the bug persists.

http://zpsv1.zapto.org/7d2d/B21_god3.7z

This is a save made on b324 - switches work right away

http://zpsv1.zapto.org/7d2d/B21_Red_Mesa.7z

Test scenario:

1. Start mission

2. Purge all active enemies until you get to the first room with a switch - building in the middle, down the staircase around the elevator, thru the door (underground parking lot), go to the right, thru the small room - first room with an inactive switch).

3. Switch and generators should be on the left side.

On B21_god3 switch is inactive, but after you destroy both generators it becomes active.

On B21_Red_Mesa switch works right away.

16 hours ago, zeaposs said:

This is a save with inactive switches. I've removed all region info to make the save smaller, but the bug persists.

Test scenario:

1. Start mission

2. Purge all active enemies until you get to the first room with a switch - building in the middle, down the staircase around the elevator, thru the door (underground parking lot), go to the right, thru the small room - first room with an inactive switch).

On B21_god3 switch is inactive, but after you destroy both generators it becomes active.

Nah definitely not against the rules, thanks. I will need the world file however, unless this was on navezgane or one of the pregens (if so, which one?)

10 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Nah definitely not against the rules, thanks. I will need the world file however, unless this was on navezgane or one of the pregens (if so, which one?)

Yeh, forgot to add that, it's Navezgane. And I've double checked the zips, unzipped them into new directory under ..\7DTD\Saves\Navezgane and they both worked as intended.

22 hours ago, zeaposs said:

Test scenario:

1. Start mission

What's crazy about this bug is on both of those saves the switch is active and works. Did a few quests on the god one, will do some more. I have other hunches anyway too; still useful to have

52 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

What's crazy about this bug is on both of those saves the switch is active and works. Did a few quests on the god one, will do some more. I have other hunches anyway too; still useful to have

Found something extremely weird - I've copied player from Red_mesa save to god3 and button works... so it must be something directly in the *.ttp file.

Edit - same for the other way around - moving player ttp file to the "working" save brakes the button.

Edited by zeaposs (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, zeaposs said:

Found something extremely weird - I've copied player from Red_mesa save to god3 and button works... so it must be something directly in the *.ttp file.

Yup, was just going to come here and say that. I loaded into the game in your character and it doesn't work, this was the confirmation I needed there, thanks for giving me this save. This opened a couple of doors (pun intended) of science that will help with debugging. 

2 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Yup, was just going to come here and say that. I loaded into the game in your character and it doesn't work, this was the confirmation I needed there, thanks for giving me this save. This opened a couple of doors (pun intended) of science that will help with debugging. 

Sooo... the switch works. I took a T5 quest in Red Mesa from another traider on the same save. So either it's T5/T6 thing combined with some other unknown variable, or it is the same as with hotel_01 - as long as you manage to finish the quest once, the next run will be fine.

Edit - I can upload a complete save if you want. I've backed it up just before starting a mission.

I've never had the issue but I do recall house_old_victorian_01 (Taylor Manor) has a switch at the end to get out, and there's no generators in that POI that I'm aware of. Maybe someone who is having the issue could go to that one and see if the switch works there?

tl;dr

If there's a generator close to the button - destroy it, button should activate.

If there's no generator - destroy the button.

If you manage to finish the quest once, there's a pretty big chance it will work just fine next time (exiting game and starting again DOES NOT help).

Edit:

And if you could add the name of the POI to that thread, that would be great :)

Just wanted to update for anyone reading, I found a rather strange way to "fix" some of the switches that are broken: if there's a generator nearby the switch that in restore power cases you need to turn the generator on to activate, try destroying that generator. We've got a ton of evidence and test cases, hopefully we can get this worked out asap.

We did Red Mesa, Tier 5 Clear and Retrieve mission. Having found our supplies and reached the exit, we realised we hadn't completed the Clear aspect. We went back through the base -- and we found a few switches which hadn't been interactable with. One was covering a locked door next to two large generators just beyond the parking garage, the second was attached to a flame-spout between two large cylinders a few levels down. We destroyed the switches using our picks which in effect activated them, triggering final zombie spawns which enabled us to complete the mission.

20 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Question for anyone that reads this and had an issue: can you think of a time where a switch was broken that wasn't tied to any generators? No need for digging, just try to recall the POI name and/or if there were any generators nearby

I've only ever seen it where there was a running generator nearby.  I haven't yet tried breaking the generator but it sounds like that works as a temporary fix.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, zeaposs said:

I don't really believe this requires fixing - all those maps work just fine either on the second run, or on the new save (at least on SP). Does anyone have those problems on new save (that is on a new game created already on b324)?

Edit - the only "fix" I would love to see, is a way to update old save POI to new version, but I don't know if that isn't a problem with the saves ConfigsDump.

Im not sure this bugged is only caused by old saves as i created a brand new 'Randomly Generated World' just a few weeks ago in alpha 21, no updates since, and had this same button issue and could not fine a fix for the life of me i made a video 

explaining the solution i found that i see you have also found but im not so sure we have an answer at to why this glitch is caused. 

I came across the bug again tonight in the tier 5 shamway factory.  I destroyed the switch and the door opened and everything worked.  I didn't try destroying the generator because it's one of the large generators and that would take too long.  I'm just happy there's a workaround for this problem while waiting for it to be fixed.  :)

On 7/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, zeaposs said:

Negative, happens also in single player. Had issues with those maps:
weigh_station_01 - enemies not spawning (two spawns just by the blue bus, after tank truck explosion). Quest was showing me orange markers, where I should find enemies, but no matter how I entered that region, spawn wouldn't happen. Exited the game, started quest again and it worked. Started quest again later - worked again.

Extra note: when quest went south I was on salvage rampage. Deconstructed each car on front of the station before going to the tanker. Also, I've destroyed doors of the semi-trailer, from which some of the zombies spawn when tank explodes. 

installation_red_mesa - buttons not working (at least few, had to jump over flames and destroy door to the treasure room). Killed all zombies in all possible places, but at some point - no orange markers, no red ones, quest marked as incompleted. Will try to finish it on a second try after exiting the game.

Extra note: I took the pipe shortcut and activated some zombies in later portion of the map. Also, at the beginning zombies have attacked gas barrel which blow up the tent.

hotel_01 - finished twice, on the first try the button that opens basement gate with treasure didn't work. I did manage to finish the quest by looring the last group of zombies with a firearm.

It looks like missing spawns can be caused by an extensive damage to the map, either player or zombie inflicted. Not working switches haven't happened more than once. Both of those can be cause by the fact, that I'm still on my old save from b313.

Can confirm this, did a few quests solo and still it got bugged even when doing solo.

On 7/12/2023 at 6:02 PM, Bruck said:

Im not sure this bugged is only caused by old saves as i created a brand new 'Randomly Generated World' just a few weeks ago in alpha 21, no updates since, and had this same button issue and could not fine a fix for the life of me i made a video 

explaining the solution i found that i see you have also found but im not so sure we have an answer at to why this glitch is caused. 

Few weeks might mean b313 or b317, and that is my case. But after doig some poking with @Jugginator I'm not quite sure either if this is related to version. And I did manage to replicate this bug on a completely new save on b324, but it required a bit trickery and that you had to be outside of the mission (pretty much - teleport your character close to the Red Mesa, exit the game, remove region files, enter the game - red mesa should not contain any zombies and switches should be glitched). Propably will poke it a bit more soon.

Had the same issue yesterday. Here I post some details:

POI Name: Ndc Checkpoint Four

Mission type: Tier 4 - Clear

Issues: Final button not working. I tried restarting game, staying inside POI borders, to restart the mission. On my second attemp final button at vault door worked, finding the final loot and spawning some zombies, but after killing them, quest did not finish. No red or orange markers, I did also tried killall command in different zones of the POI, no result

I don't know what could be the issue, but maybe...some entities did not spawn??? Searched on the internet, and found some reddit and steam forum issues with this POI

Finally I had to fail the mission, but I may give myself a Tier 4 Quest ticket...I think it's "legal" after clearing the POI twice; LOL

image.thumb.png.a3ac1f34c8c109fb7532765c24143556.png

On 7/19/2023 at 11:11 AM, Master_Azrael said:

Had the same issue yesterday. Here I post some details:

POI Name: Ndc Checkpoint Four

Mission type: Tier 4 - Clear

Issues: Final button not working. I tried restarting game, staying inside POI borders, to restart the mission. On my second attemp final button at vault door worked, finding the final loot and spawning some zombies, but after killing them, quest did not finish. No red or orange markers, I did also tried killall command in different zones of the POI, no result

I don't know what could be the issue, but maybe...some entities did not spawn??? Searched on the internet, and found some reddit and steam forum issues with this POI

Finally I had to fail the mission, but I may give myself a Tier 4 Quest ticket...I think it's "legal" after clearing the POI twice; LOL

image.thumb.png.a3ac1f34c8c109fb7532765c24143556.png

That's one of those annoying things, that orange markers show only for 1 or 2 last spawn groups. So in some cases you might have just missed few rooms and you would have to pretty much rewalk whole POI, making sure you fall into each and every trap. Use the `sleeper draw` command to make it easier to find last sleepers.

Btw, are you 100% sure, that there wasn't any additional switch on your way? Enemies that spawn by the switches are NOT shown as orange markers.