new 4X4 truck

mcnuff

so now that the truck looks like a 4X4 transportation it is indeed a road truck only cause its made out of tissue paper you hit ANYTHING and it blows up you drive off road and twigs on the ground dmg it by like 20 or you know a road cone? did 40% dmg was it made out of steel?

just use the motorcycle its smaller and you hit less stuff cause any bump rock twig counts as a hit on the 4X4

2 hours ago, NBornkilla said:

yeah hit collision with things that doesnt make sense  right now is just out of control 

My favorite is the shopping cart I accidentally hit last night that dealt 20% vehicle damage and sent my 4x4 flipping end over end.

48 minutes ago, Archael said:

Agree. Its annoying. I lost my truck because some really tiny fence shows up in front of me so i had no time to react i went straight into it and boom...

Yeah, the amount of vehicle damage is pretty freaking dumb. Feels like they decided they don't want players using the 4X4 anymore. Hopefully it gets tweaked, or at the very least, they add some vehicle armor plating mod. Friend of mine had the same thing happen after running into a streetlight in-game. Demolished the pole of course.. which then landed on his 4x4 and took it from 55% to kaboom instantly.

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Yeah, the amount of vehicle damage is pretty freaking dumb. Feels like they decided they don't want players using the 4X4 anymore. Hopefully it gets tweaked, or at the very least, they add some vehicle armor plating mod. Friend of mine had the same thing happen after running into a streetlight in-game. Demolished the pole of course.. which then landed on his 4x4 and took it from 55% to kaboom instantly.

Have you ever hit a pole with your car at full speed? IT DOES DAMAGE!! This is the realism people always cry about they want in a game. Now that they got it, they cry again. You guys can't decide what you want. Do you want realism or not?
These vehicles are also built out of scrap stuff so of course they are not as durable as normal cars.
Why always whining about stuff....Stop driving reckless and it's fine

2 hours ago, Diragor said:

Have you ever hit a pole with your car at full speed? IT DOES DAMAGE!! This is the realism people always cry about they want in a game. Now that they got it, they cry again. You guys can't decide what you want. Do you want realism or not?
These vehicles are also built out of scrap stuff so of course they are not as durable as normal cars.
Why always whining about stuff....Stop driving reckless and it's fine

It's more the fact TFP can't decide if they want realism or not. When they do add realism, it always seems to be for something detrimental. When it's a suggestion that might be beneficial for the player, they fall back "It's a zombie game, it's not supposed to be realistic."

Yes, we realize that driving a car head-on into a pole would cause major damage in real life. Said car would not instantly explode into nothing but atoms. So why don't you quit whining about people whining.

10 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

It's more the fact TFP can't decide if they want realism or not. When they do add realism, it always seems to be for something detrimental. When it's a suggestion that might be beneficial for the player, they fall back "It's a zombie game, it's not supposed to be realistic."

Yes, we realize that driving a car head-on into a pole would cause major damage in real life. Said car would not instantly explode into nothing but atoms. So why don't you quit whining about people whining.

If this car would not blow up and destroy all the cargo, i would have no problems with that.

Or if obstacles would shows up earlier so i could avoid or dodge it

Edited by Archael (see edit history)

They seem to have added numerous changes that are designed to make you use more duct tape (repair kits in this case) to make water feel more scarce.  I hate the current amount of damage done to vehicles.  The 4x4 isn't worth driving because of it.  And now that zombies are hitting vehicles and causing the vehicles to bounce all over the place for some odd reason (one flipped mine on its side until it got past the vehicle and it righted itself), it just is dumb.  Maybe that zombie flipping vehicles over doesn't do damage as I didn't know where my durability was at prior but even if it doesn't, the damage is at least 2x too high and I'd even go so far as to say it's 4x too high.