auger

mcnuff

does anyone feel after the removal of randomly destroying mining block from the mining book tree the auger is kinda slow now? even my 5 pickaxe feels faster then my 5 auger it feels slow considering how much heat it causes while farming metal

7 minutes ago, mcnuff said:

does anyone feel after the removal of randomly destroying mining block from the mining book tree the auger is kinda slow now? even my 5 pickaxe feels faster then my 5 auger it feels slow considering how much heat it causes while farming metal

I agree. That's why I switched from the auger to the pickaxe, as the auger no longer offers any relevant advantage.

In A20 there was also the possibility of finding a auger schematic before the steel tools schematic. But with the Learn by Reading system, this is no longer possible. You always learn the steel tools before the motor tools.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

im not complaining about it just curious on every ones thoughts i always liked the pickaxe better for fine tuning but clearing a giant chunk was always auger now i feel the auger has finally hit the same tier as the chainsaw which is not needed i dont know anyone whos all "OMG a chainsaw!?!?!?!?!"

Same here unless the auger gets more block damage its basically pointless to use sure you can get slightly more resources with a tier 6 auger versus tier 6 steel pickaxe versus metal but the effort of screamers isn't worth it nervermind that gas also doesn't craft as much as it used to in a20 per shale e.g 10 per shale now it's 5.

So for me the steel pickaxe rains king as it is much safer to use and honestly much more cheaper at that.