Having Issues Downloading World

Rin1127

Ever since the update to the latest experimental my game gets stuck and hangs when it gets to the downloading world stage of connecting to my friend's server that he is hosting. I have tried leaving it for several minutes and nothing happened. I am not sure why this is occurring as i haven't had this happen in any previous versions of the game. Also all of our friends are able to connect to the worlds no problem. I am the only one who seems to be having a problem. 

Things we have tried:

Reinstalling

Clean Install

Sending me the world/map files

Tried different sized maps

other misc fixes i have found digging through various forums

The only map I was able to successfully connect to and play on is Navezgane, but we enjoy playing on random gen worlds more since we've already pretty extensively explored the Navezgane map. 

Here is my latest output log: https://pastebin.com/ipNfLx9J

Edited by Rin1127 (see edit history)

Hmm, technically your GPU doesn't meet the minimal requirements being just under 2GB of vram, but it shouldn't cause this issue I wouldn't think. You've got some strange UI errors that I'm not sure what they point to without additional debug line numbers, maybe try removing the entire 7days folder in appdata out of where it is (put it somewhere else like your desktop, it's at %appdata%/7daystodie) and see if that helps. Also verify your game files a few times.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:29 AM, Jugginator said:

Hmm, technically your GPU doesn't meet the minimal requirements being just under 2GB of vram, but it shouldn't cause this issue I wouldn't think. You've got some strange UI errors that I'm not sure what they point to without additional debug line numbers, maybe try removing the entire 7days folder in appdata out of where it is (put it somewhere else like your desktop, it's at %appdata%/7daystodie) and see if that helps. Also verify your game files a few times.

This is Rin's friend, the one she is having trouble connecting to. As for your suggestion, she has done this which is why she mentions clean install in her OP, we wiped everything from the appdata folder just to make sure nothing wasn't lingering as well as verifying integrity of files with no luck. It's why I suggested she make a post here because we're both baffled why this isn't working.

She'll get to downloading the world and it stops at 68% sometimes or only 26% and doesn't progress further, no matter how long we leave it to sit there. She's even typed help in the F1 console and which I can see from the server side so she's connected but something just prevents her from progressing further. Others can connect with no issue and download the world and I've tried just running the game one on one with her with no luck.

Edited by Zeth Ryder (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Zeth Ryder said:

This is Rin's friend, the one she is having trouble connecting to. As for your suggestion, she has done this which is why she mentions clean install in her OP, we wiped everything from the appdata folder just to make sure nothing wasn't lingering as well as verifying integrity of files with no luck. It's why I suggested she make a post here because we're both baffled why this isn't working.

She'll get to downloading the world and it stops at 68% sometimes or only 26% and doesn't progress further, no matter how long we leave it to sit there. She's even typed help in the F1 console and which I can see from the server side so she's connected but something just prevents her from progressing further. Others can connect with no issue and download the world and I've tried just running the game one on one with her with no luck.

Given that information, I'm learning to it might be a networking issue. Firewall/antivirus exceptions for the folder (do the whole folder, both in the main game on and the 7days saves folder in appdata), and try the Network Workaround option in the General section

Just now, Star69 said:

I had that happen to me frequently and it turned out to be a bad ethernet cable,  even though my cable tester said it was fine. Swap out a new cable and see if it’s fixed.

It's a brand new cable that I recently purchased, I switched from using a wifi adapter to an Ethernet cable very recently, I could always purchase a new one I suppose and try that

7 minutes ago, Rin1127 said:

It's a brand new cable that I recently purchased, I switched from using a wifi adapter to an Ethernet cable very recently, I could always purchase a new one I suppose and try that

Try this:

• Power down your network -- the modem/router/any hubs or anything else -- remove the main cable going into the modem (fiber, coaxial, etc) as well
  • In the meantime, go back to your computer and load up a command prompt under admin and enter these in one after another: 
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh int ip reset

Then, reboot your computer then hook your network all back up and power it on.

Uggh….. I guess a new cable could be bad but not likely. Maybe try a different port on the router. Did you have the same issue downloading maps when you were using wifi? Wifi isn’t recommended with this game but reverting to wifi could help your troubleshooting. If map downloads fine on wifi then your problem is either ethernet cable, ethernet port on the pc or bad router port.

so we thought we were having this issue with my friend but it turned out EAC was kicking him while he was loading so on his end it looked like he was still loading and stuck on loading but on the server side he was kicked from the game.  Disabling EAC worked for him.

Just now, reioni said:

so we thought we were having this issue with my friend but it turned out EAC was kicking him while he was loading so on his end it looked like he was still loading and stuck on loading but on the server side he was kicked from the game.  Disabling EAC worked for him.

We always play with EAC off, it's one of the first things I checked for and I'm still connecting to the server, as my friend is receiving console requests when I typed into the console to test the connection

On 6/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, Jugginator said:

Try this:

• Power down your network -- the modem/router/any hubs or anything else -- remove the main cable going into the modem (fiber, coaxial, etc) as well
  • In the meantime, go back to your computer and load up a command prompt under admin and enter these in one after another: 
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh int ip reset

Then, reboot your computer then hook your network all back up and power it on.

I tried this and the issue still persists, im not sure what else to do, honestly it's becoming very frustrating because i've never had this issue before

not saying this is your issue but i had a test here on my computer with the hang..

i copy the current stable to my nvme drive and a copy to my ssd drive and a copy to my hdd drive.

this is what i got...

hdd hangs at world loading for 12-25 minutes without touching the keyboard.

ssd loads but hangs at loading world for around 10-15 minutes (its an old SSD)

nvme generally takes a couple minutes but while watching task manager i do not get the "not responding" notice.

if any of that helps its what i have found. oh and i have a:

Lenovo I9-11900k @3.50GHZ, 64G DDR4 memory, RTX 3060 12 GB ram (b560 mobo)

Viotek 27" LED 120 HZ monitor

all tests are with me connecting to my dedi hosted by Hosthavoc. with 1G DL speed from Cox Cable.

one last edit here..

i also get same issues with game hanging in ark do same tests... HDD hangs nvme doesnt. so its not just 7dtd. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)