Raining through the roof - still.

Old Crow

Wasn't this supposed to have been fixed in A21?

Also, any reason we still need to use the workbench to make.. SMOOTHIES? It's food. You can argue all you want that "it's cold food, doesn't make sense to cook at a campfire" but c'mon, since when does this game run on logic?

I definitely get rain coming through unimproved frame shapes, even though the "solid" shapes look as if they are put together out of sheets of oriented-strand board. It typically stops a few seconds after I upgrade to at least a solid wood shape that has no holes. Standing water, as found in the lakes and rivers, still leaks through frames but once the frame is improved to a solid shape, the water stops coming through.

I hope you reported your particular situation via the Report an Alpha 21 Bug link ( https://community.7daystodie.com/announcement/11-report-an-alpha-21-bug/ ) and provided a short clip.

If I ever experience the same problem, I will also report it, but I am not confident that what I might find will be the same as what you are seeing.

11 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Unfortunately I didn't get a clip, but in was in a prefab POI, the Zelect restaurant. Noticed it down in the wine cellar.

I very much see why you are wondering WTF happened. Thanks for the POI name! I will deffo check it out and try to replicate this. Do you remember the biome?

I know that it was snowing inside a trader when I started a game while inside the trader.  I'm not sure if it would still snow if I left and came back in because I didn't really care about it but it was interesting to see happen considering it was supposed to have been fixed.  Not something I care enough about to bug report, though.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:45 PM, Old Crow said:

Desert biome!

So I was able to replicate what you saw in Zelekt (restaurant_01) in forest, desert, and snow biomes. Rain is falling through a glass-panel skylight and then continuing to fall through the bulletproof glass blocks that make up the center of the 1st floor. In the wine cellar, below the bulletproof glass blocks, the rain FX were still appearing.

I posted a bug report to the Support forum.

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

That doesn't do any good. 

I sent you a PM about an issue with the instructions.

3 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

No need, Crow already reported it in the bug reporting section and the response was that they're aware of it :)

When I checked the bug list as per the bug reporting instructions, there was no entry that showed that they were aware of it.

9 hours ago, mprojekt said:

I sent you a PM about an issue with the instructions.

When I checked the bug list as per the bug reporting instructions, there was no entry that showed that they were aware of it.

Which is exactly why you would post a new report in the correct section. The Support forum is not the correct place. It would need to be posted in the Bug Report pool. I provided links to the locations, along with the link that shows you the Known Issues list and takes you to the instructions on how to report an issue. Which you managed to copy correctly, but then went and posted in completely the wrong section where QA won't see it.

Which seems to be a real problem lately. The ability of the average player to read and follow instructions correctly is quite lacking. Do people need a YouTube video put together because reading is hard?

EDIT: No, that wouldn't work, because it would require research to find the video.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Do people need a YouTube video put together because reading is hard?

While I agree that people should bother "more", the flow of creating a Bug Report here is actually pretty effing bad.

The forum SW isn't a good fit for it, which causes half the issues.. needing to provide logs by learning to use a third-party website.. finding possible dupes before posting means reading thru an excel-sheet, title by title.. editing things is disabled (iirc) ... the instructions are there, behind couple clicks on the red banner, but I can't see instruction on where to actually post the report itself -is there an actual link to that functionality there or am I just blind?

8 minutes ago, theFlu said:

While I agree that people should bother "more", the flow of creating a Bug Report here is actually pretty effing bad.

The forum SW isn't a good fit for it, which causes half the issues.. needing to provide logs by learning to use a third-party website.. finding possible dupes before posting means reading thru an excel-sheet, title by title.. editing things is disabled (iirc) ... the instructions are there, behind couple clicks on the red banner, but I can't see instruction on where to actually post the report itself -is there an actual link to that functionality there or am I just blind?

Sure. Here is the top of the page of instructions...

45efea14ec38589929dbc703898a2819.png

That button will open a new report in the Bug Pool section. You can also open that section by simply clicking on the address above.

d12a9f755d4aefbedb10f0ed5888eba5.png

Once in that location you will see the "Add new report" button, as well as an "Add New Record" button that does the same thing. You can also see on the right the categories to peruse to see if the issue is reported already so you can just add your information to it instead of making a duplicate like the one linked above by NekoPawtato.

653041b1937997244c2d01e6d00dc46d.png

After that, it's basically the same as making a forum thread. Just be sure you copied the form and provided all of the details.

All in all, it's pretty straight forward. The buttons and information are literally right there.

9 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I don't have the "Add new report" button on mine:

image.thumb.png.b8d170991cea6fa7629fee8d71dcb32f.png

Nor is there any mention that "Bug pool" is the correct location for the New reports, that part I will have to just guess. From there there's the button.

That is curious. I brought it up, and we will see if they can get that fixed.

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Which is exactly why you would post a new report in the correct section. The Support forum is not the correct place. It would need to be posted in the Bug Report pool. I provided links to the locations, along with the link that shows you the Known Issues list and takes you to the instructions on how to report an issue. Which you managed to copy correctly, but then went and posted in completely the wrong section where QA won't see it.

Which seems to be a real problem lately. The ability of the average player to read and follow instructions correctly is quite lacking. Do people need a YouTube video put together because reading is hard?

EDIT: No, that wouldn't work, because it would require research to find the video.

I literally followed the instructions that I was able to view when I clicked the banner. I even made a point to provide the URL to my output log, posted to Paste Bin, as requested, and an Imgur URL for animated GIF of the issue, as suggested. I also provided the form, filled out.

EDIT: I then improvised in my first attempt [to submit the report] because there were no clear and obvious buttons and links, that I could see.

I am accustomed to Jira and Bugzilla, but I do understand that there are many, many different services, tools, and methods for bug-reporting and tracking. Even though I had two strokes in 2013, I seem to have survived with enough functional brain to have retained some degree of reading comprehension.

Thanks for reminding me that I have walnut-sized mass of randomized tissue in my head.

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Sure. Here is the top of the page of instructions...

45efea14ec38589929dbc703898a2819.png

That button will open a new report in the Bug Pool section. You can also open that section by simply clicking on the address above.

d12a9f755d4aefbedb10f0ed5888eba5.png

Once in that location you will see the "Add new report" button, as well as an "Add New Record" button that does the same thing. You can also see on the right the categories to peruse to see if the issue is reported already so you can just add your information to it instead of making a duplicate like the one linked above by NekoPawtato.

653041b1937997244c2d01e6d00dc46d.png

After that, it's basically the same as making a forum thread. Just be sure you copied the form and provided all of the details.

All in all, it's pretty straight forward. The buttons and information are literally right there.

I do not see the "Add New Report" button. Thanks for not verifying anything I attempted to relate to you in a PM.

The list of instructions, as I could see them, also did not contain a link in the body of the instructions.

I only saw "Bug Pool" on the right and the only reason that I was able to determine that bug reports go there is because I found Old Crow's bug report that NekoPawtato conveniently provided a link to.

I also do not see "Add New Record."

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)

On 6/25/2023 at 1:00 AM, Old Crow said:

Wasn't this supposed to have been fixed in A21?

Also, any reason we still need to use the workbench to make.. SMOOTHIES? It's food. You can argue all you want that "it's cold food, doesn't make sense to cook at a campfire" but c'mon, since when does this game run on logic?

you ever try making a smoothie without an electric motor? lol

I think the rain issue is it has to be 100% closed in. A single block open treats it like its outside.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

FYI-  I also don't have the Add Report button when on the info page.  However, if you click on Bug Pool at the right, then the Add Report button appears.  It is definitely not straightforward and probably results in most posts going to the support forum instead.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

FYI-  I also don't have the Add Report button when on the info page.  However, if you click on Bug Pool at the right, then the Add Report button appears.  It is definitely not straightforward and probably results in most posts going to the support forum instead.

Yeah. Add Report appeared for me only after I opened the Bug Pool. As you mention being a potential problem, I posted my first submission to the Support forum because of missing links and buttons, from my perspective.

I am concerned that a moderator and/or community rep, whether a volunteer or paid employee, chose to disregard a PM and take an aggressive and insulting stance in a public comment. It was my first ever attempt to submit a bug to TFP, according the instructions provided, and when I found what I perceived to be a problem with the instructions and attempted to be discrete about my experience, I get blasted.

Nobody tried to determine or even consider that I was not seeing what they were.

1 hour ago, mprojekt said:

Nobody tried to determine or even consider that I was not seeing what they were.

Heh, but in a .. what, a "flash of poetic irony", it was the mod's snarky tone that got me to snark at the process itself.. which eventually lead to the escalation of the issue :)

34 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Heh, but in a .. what, a "flash of poetic irony", it was the mod's snarky tone that got me to snark at the process itself.. which eventually lead to the escalation of the issue :)

Thank you for relaying what you encountered.  😊

6 hours ago, mprojekt said:

I only saw "Bug Pool" on the right and the only reason that I was able to determine that bug reports go there is because I found Old Crow's bug report that NekoPawtato conveniently provided a link to.

10 hours ago, theFlu said:

Nor is there any mention that "Bug pool" is the correct location for the New reports, that part I will have to just guess. From there there's the button.

That's odd, I just realized that too. The only reason why I knew to put it in bug pool was because of Hated's version for A20 tells you to put it in bug pool

BUG REPORTING FORM

Please use this form to report bugs. Testers will then respond. If the form is not used, we will assume you are just chatting to each other.

Please make sure you assign the report to the "bug pool" only so it doesnt get over looked.

I guess that part got removed in the A21 version?

Another thing I want to know is how people are able to edit their comments in the A21 bug report section, I've seen one or two people do it but I don't have that option (not editing the report itself, but when people comment/post to an existing report how do they edit that to avoid double posting)

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

@NekoPawtato - Just felt that it was worth noting which bug list I searched in order to figure out whether "rain falls thru Zelekt bulletproof glass floor and glass skylight" had been logged yet.

A21buglistgoogledoc28Jun2023clickie.png.19a88407341679b237cd4c18df2c99d1.png

And it took me to this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VnmkOdKC9XEOy_neb0Tp34-WPXu-aDw4jfJxcquuvc/edit#gid=0

Which didn't have any such line item last night. If it gets updated to include what Old Crow reported, between the time I type this slowly and when you read it, :shrug:   At least it got updated.

1 hour ago, mprojekt said:

@NekoPawtato - Just felt that it was worth noting which bug list I searched in order to figure out whether "rain falls thru Zelekt bulletproof glass floor and glass skylight" had been logged yet.

A21buglistgoogledoc28Jun2023clickie.png.19a88407341679b237cd4c18df2c99d1.png

And it took me to this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VnmkOdKC9XEOy_neb0Tp34-WPXu-aDw4jfJxcquuvc/edit#gid=0

Which didn't have any such line item last night. If it gets updated to include what Old Crow reported, between the time I type this slowly and when you read it, :shrug:   At least it got updated.

I've just made a habit of checking all the bugs in the A21 section since, from my experience, not all bugs reported make it into the Google doc for some reason (dunno why, I did ask one staff recently about it but haven't heard back). You can use the search bar on the top right and select the THIRD "records" in the dropdown to filter your search and it will only look for posts in the A21 Bugs section (Don't pick the other two because that will search the old A19 and A20 bug section)

1jx4hqo.png

One possible explanation I could think of is if a bug is in the current experimental, but fixed in later internal builds that aren't released yet, then perhaps that is why it's not on the Google Doc.

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)