COC Chemicals Tier 3 Exit / Olgiddy Loot Room Door

Riamus

Can anyone verify how you are supposed to exit the loot room in COC Chemicals?  This would seem to be the exit but the button doesn't open the door.  The only exit I can find is to return the way I came or break out, which isn't a normal way to exit a POI once completed.  I posted this in the bugs section and it was stated that it couldn't be reproduced but didn't clarify if this is supposed to open the door.  I've run this POI twice with the same results.  Maybe that isn't meant to be a working button (it's the two-button version and not the one-button version I've been seeing everywhere in A21) but if not this, then where is the actual exit?

A21.0_2023-06-23_00-12-43.jpg

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Here's another one... Olgiddy & Brother Advertising.  This button doesn't do anything.  I broke down the door to get in but apparently the sleepers are tied to the button and so I couldn't complete the quest that I had gone through the trouble of clearing up to the very end.  Is there supposed to be a second button somewhere that turns this on?  There isn't one in the room with the big generator on the roof behind where I'm standing or anywhere else that I could find.

Are these bugs or are they designed for a secondary button somewhere that I'm missing?  Any ideas?

A21.0_2023-06-25_22-11-47.jpg

• Riamus changed the title to COC Chemicals Tier 3 Exit / Olgiddy Loot Room Door

The team is aware of some scenarios when Switches / triggers are not activating when they are supposed too.

Hopefully we get a fix in soon.  One of the first things I'm going to inquire on tomorrow as it's super frustrating to fail a quest when this bug crops up.

4 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

The team is aware of some scenarios when Switches / triggers are not activating when they are supposed too.

Hopefully we get a fix in soon.  One of the first things I'm going to inquire on tomorrow as it's super frustrating to fail a quest when this bug crops up.

Thanks.  I had initially posted a bug report about the first one and it was marked as being unable to be reproduced or something like that, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something or if it was a bug that isn't happening all the time and hard to reproduce.  I appreciate you letting me know it is a bug so I can just mark it off as being experimental rather than thinking I'm doing something wrong.  :D

• 1 month later...

I've found some missions (I don't know this particular one) also have a series of valves you need to turn, and then Carl's corn even has a puzzle where you need to turn them in the right sequence to make them all close. I'm learning to always assume I missed something first.

Also I noticed in some the buttons don't work if you are not on quest. One of the army camps in particular, although I have noticed it in others as well, the vault door to the good loot, the button just doesn't work if you are just there raiding it.

2 hours ago, Krougal said:

I've found some missions (I don't know this particular one) also have a series of valves you need to turn, and then Carl's corn even has a puzzle where you need to turn them in the right sequence to make them all close. I'm learning to always assume I missed something first.

Also I noticed in some the buttons don't work if you are not on quest. One of the army camps in particular, although I have noticed it in others as well, the vault door to the good loot, the button just doesn't work if you are just there raiding it.

The buttons not working is a bug they are working to fix.  They haven't given any status updates on it in quite a while, so I don't know if they've found the actual cause of the problem.  But it does seem related to only POIs that have a restore power quest when you aren't on that quest.

I haven't yet seen any issues with valves.  If they don't turn, then there isn't fire that needs to be turned off from that valve.  I've always found the valves for any fire I see, though sometimes I have to look around a bit (like the POI with something like 3 or 4 fires going in the ceiling area and you have to find all the valves for them).

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

You can destroy the button instead.  It has fewer hit points.

Oh really? Does it trigger the mobs too?  If so this is definitely the easier route for me going forward and still be able to complete the quest. 

8 hours ago, Ogre01 said:

Oh really? Does it trigger the mobs too?  If so this is definitely the easier route for me going forward and still be able to complete the quest. 

Yes, it does.  You can destroy the generator or the button and it will work.  If it's a large generator, I'd destroy the button.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, Riamus said:

Yes, it does.  You can destroy the generator or the button and it will work.  If it's a large generator, I'd destroy the button.

Concur.  I've had at least a half dozen quests where a button didn't work, therefore the final zombies wouldn't spawn and I couldn't finish the quest.  I learned that destroying the button is the way to go although that is painful if all you have to do it with is a stone axe.  Better than failing the quest though.