Bug or Feature?

sm964

Alpha 21 and I'm the farmer for the group.  It was taking 4 crops to make one seed of said crop. I now have 3/3 of Living Off The Land and it now costs 5 crops for one seed.  Why would the cost go up the more skills I put into it?  Does anybody know if it's supposed to be this way?  

Just now, sm964 said:

Alpha 21 and I'm the farmer for the group.  It was taking 4 crops to make one seed of said crop. I now have 3/3 of Living Off The Land and it now costs 5 crops for one seed.  Why would the cost go up the more skills I put into it?  Does anybody know if it's supposed to be this way?  

It should have taken 5 to make one seed in A20 and still in A21.  If you were managing it with 4, there might have been a bug.  I think there was one plant, perhaps a flower, that used fewer seeds but it wasn't something that I ever made, so not positive.  But your main stuff was 5 to 1.  And that should be true for all levels of Living off the Land.

All plants require 5 plants to make seeds (no special flowers).  The only thing different is mushrooms which also requires clay.

I checked the progression file and nothing in it is tied to changing the amount of plants to create one seed.  The only thing affected by LotL is the cost to make farm plots.

1 hour ago, zapf said:

So, to add to 'bug or feature' (as I didn't do much farming yet), does anyone seem to have their player vehicles explode very quickly after reaching durability of 0?

Every hit, even small, after reaching 0 durability has a chance to explode.  Not sure what that chance is but I would definitely not recommend letting it reach 0 to begin with.  :)

Just now, Riamus said:

Every hit, even small, after reaching 0 durability has a chance to explode.  Not sure what that chance is but I would definitely not recommend letting it reach 0 to begin with.  :)

Yeah, it's so much easier to have it happen now I guess. You can lightly hit something and it takes 30% damage.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:27 PM, zapf said:

Yeah, it's so much easier to have it happen now I guess. You can lightly hit something and it takes 30% damage.

What are you running into that makes you take 30% damage?  I don't know if I been lucky so far or playing a different game than you guys have.  😁

On 6/21/2023 at 10:42 AM, zapf said:

So, to add to 'bug or feature' (as I didn't do much farming yet), does anyone seem to have their player vehicles explode very quickly after reaching durability of 0?

Feature, because massive vehicle damage and possibly losing everything in storage is "fun" according to TFP.

On 6/21/2023 at 2:27 PM, zapf said:

if you are lightly hitting things taking 30%, then you must really do some damage when you hit something at full speed.

but seriously, i lightly hit stuff and get around 3-5% damage but not 30 unless i am hitting several zeds at a time or i get stuck in between 2 objects like a fool. :)

34 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

if you are lightly hitting things taking 30%, then you must really do some damage when you hit something at full speed.

but seriously, i lightly hit stuff and get around 3-5% damage but not 30 unless i am hitting several zeds at a time or i get stuck in between 2 objects like a fool. :)

One thing I've noticed with the fatter zombies - I've hit them with my 4x4 and take damage twice. Nothing else in the road, not hitting two zombies. I just hit the fat zombie, take the initial damage to my 4X4, and then it takes damage again. Bug or intended?

On 6/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, theFlu said:

The counter reached zero, what else would you expect? :)

A tow truck that takes you to the nearest garage ? 😉

12 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

What are you running into that makes you take 30% damage?  I don't know if I been lucky so far or playing a different game than you guys have.  😁

Depends on the vehicle. My motocycle is pretty fast at half health although I don't run over zombies and also try to drive carefully. However, I often have to drive cross country or across backyards because the roads don't go where I want to go.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Depends on the vehicle. My motocycle is pretty fast at half health although I don't run over zombies and also try to drive carefully. However, I often have to drive cross country or across backyards because the roads don't go where I want to go.

I have yet to make the motorcycle, so probably tied to the fact i am zipping around on my minibike and not my driving skills. 😏

Be interesting to see what happens when I finally able to make the motorcycle if I see incoming damage > 10%.

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

A tow truck that takes you to the nearest garage ? 😉

It's been difficult to negotiate with the zombie tow truck drivers.  They are not demanding cash up front, they want fresh brains.

I haven't seen damage over 20% from a single hit even at max speed in motorcycle or 4x4.  However, it's very easy to hit more than one thing or bounce off and rehit the same thing.  Multiple hits can easily bump it higher.  Even so, it is just far too high, imo.  It should be at least half that and probably closer to a quarter to be okay.  It just makes driving a chore instead of something enjoyable.