Non-fatal error occurs immediately after the Xbox Triggers at startup

Evil_Geoff

I get the following error, and it repeats 62 more times before the game continues through the start up process:

2023-06-15T02:28:13 116.936 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/Other/Items" failed: Parent folder not found!

In the 7DaysToDie_Data folder, there are 4 subfolders:  Managed, Plugins, Resources, and StreamingAssets.
Plugins has a single subfolder, and StreamingAssets has two.  Drilling down the subfolders I find nothing like the indicated Data/Bundles... path.

In the Data folder, I have a Bundles subfolder, but not the rest of them.  Any ideas on what might be making that call for assets, or what is going on?

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same thing (I am troubleshooting a mod so looking at console logs constantly)

I have checked all my mods and it isn't any of them.

I have done a file verify very recently as well so it must be some old code in the base game, probably benign.

On 6/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Jugginator said:

What do you mean about Xbox Triggers at start? Either way, you likely have bad files or just missing something. Reverify the file integrity twice in a row on Steam and try again. 

There is a new section in the A21 log files that is mentions Xbox triggers, as an INF not a WRN or ERR. So his error must pop up right after its mentioned. 

9 hours ago, Krougal said:

I am getting the same thing (I am troubleshooting a mod so looking at console logs constantly)

I have checked all my mods and it isn't any of them.

I have done a file verify very recently as well so it must be some old code in the base game, probably benign.

Remember that when testing mods that each time that you remove a mod, you must run the Verify Integrity tool because some mods overwrite vanilla code and just removing the mod will not reverse that mods changes. In your case it could be you removed a mod but didn't Verify??? Just a thought.....

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

There is a new section in the A21 log files that is mentions Xbox triggers, as an INF not a WRN or ERR. So his error must pop up right after its mentioned. 

Remember that when testing mods that each time that you remove a mod, you must run the Verify Integrity tool because some mods overwrite vanilla code and just removing the mod will not reverse that mods changes. In your case it could be you removed a mod but didn't Verify??? Just a thought.....

Not a chance, all of my mods are xpath. The base game files don't get touched.

Oh, and yes, the errors popup right after those xbox entries, which was what op was trying to say.

It is quite likely benign.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

@Evil_Geoff Are you using Robeloto_LoudSoundsLowered mod or any other mod that has unity assets?

Other people, does this not happen without mods loaded?

As I just found out, that mod had some old settings jammed in that needed to be removed, even though it otherwise seemed to be working properly and didn't log any issues. I'm wondering if the unity assets have an old path as well, but the unity editor is telling me I need a license, I thought it was free and I can't be arsed with it right now.