What mods do you use/plan to use in A21?

Scyris

For me as the big overhaul usually don't update till stable I plan to use these, most are by Khaine the devoloper of the Darkness Falls mod.

60 slot backpackl (Sorry but the 45 slot we have now is just TOO damn small 15 more slots feels just about right, there is also a 96 slot version)

Food/Water Bars on Hud (Never figured out why Tfp removed this in the first place)

Zombie Life Bars (This should be a vanilla option imo in the UI section, no idea why it isin't)

NVG Change (changes nightvision to use a better vanilla filter than the horrid green it uses by default)

Craft from Containers (Modder said this won't be updated till a21 goes stable but when it does i'll be using it)

Some I am considering

3 Slot forge. (has 3 input slots instead of the default 2, huge time saver)

12 slot crafting queue (Why is a bigger crafting queue not a thing in vanilla i'll never understand)

15 Slot toolbelt/bar (as 10 slots just isin't enough XD)

What do you use? Also there is a thread in the mods section on these forums with all of the mods I mentioned here other than craft from containers.

Just now, Lumpus said:

Khaine is the best ;)

I tend to alternate vanilla, then Darkness Falls and then Undead Legacy.

/always use a bigger slot backpack because I'm an incorrigible loot-fiend

its not even that, even with just fairly common things you can easly fill the 45 slots provided. Thats a sign it needs to be a bit bigger to me, but 96 slot in vanilla might be too big, so I settle for 60, 25% bigger. Still have inv problems just less of them.

Honestly, I don't mind any of that and am actually glad the food and water aren't big on the HUD.  I like that they are minimal.  Too bad other things are not similarly kept small like the new danger meter popup.

Mods, if made, that I would consider using would be removing the danger meter (I like the POI name at the top right but no danger level and no popup), reducing vehicle damage as that is way too high, and being able to craft all doors and windows in game as well as other non-craftable decorations.

I would probably also be interested in one that combined some of the magazines together.  I mean, why have a set of magazines that only unlocks two things, even if there are different quality levels for them?  Just add them to another magazine instead.  And one to increase stacks of magazines.  Magazines already take up tons of space because there are so many.  There's no reason we shouldn't be able to stack them to 100 instead of 20 to save space.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Honestly, I don't mind any of that and am actually glad the food and water aren't big on the HUD.  I like that they are minimal.  Too bad other things are not similarly kept small like the new danger meter popup.

Mods, if made, that I would consider using would be removing the danger meter (I like the POI name at the top right but no danger level and no popup), reducing vehicle damage as that is way too high, and being able to craft all doors and windows in game as well as other non-craftable decorations.

I would probably also be interested in one that combined some of the magazines together.  I mean, why have a set of magazines that only unlocks two things, even if there are different quality levels for them?  Just add them to another magazine instead.  And one to increase stacks of magazines.  Magazines already take up tons of space because there are so many.  There's no reason we shouldn't be able to stack them to 100 instead of 20 to save space.

I believe Khaine has a mod that removes the poi name etc already check here:

The 3 slot forge is definitely 2 thumbs up, and I got spoiled by the craft from container mod.. so cool..

I also got a little spoiled by the "stop fuel waste" mod.. i loaded it up to see if it worked, and

it seems to be working fine with the campfire, but with the (3slot) forge it throws errors..

SO.. looking forward to those.. AND the spreadable fire mod..

Just now, Riamus said:

Thanks.  I'll take a look a bit later.  I'll give A21 vanilla a fair run before adding any mods.  But I will most likely use that if it gets rid of the popup.

Yeah thats what I did other than the UI mods like health bars on enemies and food/water bars on hud, as those don't effect gameplay. But its been a few days now and I have no idea how anyone has any fun with the base 45 slot backpack with how often  and how quick it gets full, so going to start a new game prob using the 60 slot backpack mod. Better than vanilla but not unbalancing like the 96 slot would be.

Heh. I use it as incentive to get a vehicle and then better vehicle and then drone for storage.  But I also don't scrap everything in a POI like I know dinner people do, so I normally don't have too much trouble.  If by myself, it is easy to unload between quests and not have any issue.  If with another, we can still do 2 quests in early levels without leaving anything usually.  After we are doing bigger POI, we have vehicles and then drones so space is really not a big deal then either.  I don't mind if I have to choose whether or not to keep something.  I usually have stuff I don't ever use like blood bags anyhow.

For me, the only mod that I've ever bothered to install so far was bandits. So if / when I play the stable version of this game, bandits will for sure be the first one I install.

Without bandits / NPCs roaming around, the world just feels dead / empty / boring. Since multiplayer with strangers doesn't interest me at all, this is like a mandatory alternative IMO.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Scyris said:

3 Slot forge. (has 3 input slots instead of the default 2, huge time saver)

12 slot crafting queue (Why is a bigger crafting queue not a thing in vanilla i'll never understand)

15 Slot toolbelt/bar (as 10 slots just isin't enough XD)

All of those + bigger backpack (I don't enjoy inventory management aspect of any game) + KHA21-SpawnsAndClaims (to increase zombie and animal spawns) + 'pause on load' (it's such a small thing, but such useful) for "vanilla'.

When the big mods update I'll be sure to start with Darkness Falls and Undead Legacy. Got to check out Rebirth at some point too.

Alot of Khaine's mods really. But definitely a few others as well. I'm holding out for A21 stable at the moment as well.

Must haves:
- 60 slot backpack

- Food & Water Bars
- Lockable Inventory Slots
- AGF HUD (for me its the best HUD mod out there)
- Longer Loot Bags (the original was by Donovan I think?)

- Clear Skies mod (reduces the amount of rain and fog, I kinda dislike that its like gloomy half the time). 

- Persistent Infection (makes it alot more challenging, especially in the early game)

- Craft from Containers (or Wifi crafting as I like to call it haha) 

Optional (not critical but I'll get them once they become available)

- DLX Weapons Fix

- Izayo's Firearms Expansion mod (adds lots of new weapons to the game) 

- Orb claim auto repair

- Traders Dawn to Dusk (basically just makes traders open at 4am instead of 6am) 

- AaronG85's Ultimate Progression (2 skill pts per lvl instead of 1, though I do kinda know how to edit the XML to give that anyway. I kinda prefer the faster progression because I like to do hybrid builds)