Can't join LOCAL server -1 dynamic music was not in bloodmoon state cache disconnect

getgcs

Hello my son cant join the server it's hosted on the lan. 3 of my friends externally can join. Now I disabled steamnetworking to see if it would help my son to join. A20.6 is the version. My log file doesnt seem to show the error but it was "Client dropped disconnected -1 dynamic music was not in bloodmoon state cache disconnect" I also linked it below.

I hope someone knows why... I did forward 26900 on the router. I also disabled EOS in the platform file and it just throws different errors after that. I tried joining via local IP and via lan and through steam join game. All failed by the similar error mentioned above.

In case you need the log file its here https://pastebin.com/m4c9hKDC

Here is the ports I forwarded on the router... is there any other ports?

Happy Easter!

Capture.JPG

First of all open 26902 and 26903 as well.

If your son still can't join he should try both IPs of your server, the router-external one (probably listed in the router, otherwise visit https://whatismyip/) and the internal local one (listed in your windows network settings.

If he still can't join, post a complete logfile of server and client (use pastebin and only post the link in the forum)

Where are the log files? I only found the 7 days to die folder in appdata is there another loc for the server?

I disabled malwarebytes shields and windows defender firewall but still the same issue

Its a new server too new world

There are Mod errors in that log, also >50 mods is not likely to go well. He's using bepinex, which is used to inject code into a game,

much like a virus, so if he hasn't added folder exclusions as instructed, that also isn't likely to work. Is the server modded? Server logs

are in the 7DaysToDie_Data folder, which is in the server's install folder.

Also, when connecting from the LAN, it usually works best to use the local ip.

Edited by Beelzybub
spelling (see edit history)

I tried the local ip too, im thinking it could be the player files in the saves even though the world was new? I might also try hamachi. I disabled malwarebytes shields so its not that. The server has age of oblivion. Ill upload the dedicated log file thanks for letting me know where. I forwarded 26902 and 03 and I disabled litenetlib but renabled all network protocols since that didnt help.

My 3 friends externally can join but not internally. Heres the pastebin for the server log ... https://pastebin.com/JKPYP7ht  Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, getgcs said:

it could be the player files in the saves

That's possible. You could delete them just to see if it fixes it. This will set him back to lvl 1,

but you replace his lost levels and inventory easily.

I might also try hamachi

Hamachi wouldn't help within a LAN, only with the WAN players.

8 hours ago, getgcs said:

I forwarded the ports 26902 and 03 ... Still no luck

Do you have 26900 TCP and 26900-26903 UDP forwarded to your server IP?

server log

I don't think this is an issue, but your server is very far behind on Windows updates.

In the client log I see that the game crashes somewhere inside unity while doing the player loop. Is this really the log of a failed login attempt or from some other time? You never mentioned the client crashes when login in.

What the log seems to show though is that this is NOT a network issue. The client was well past login in and had already downloaded all config files and initialized the world and had entered the game loop. Most likely are either a bad player file or a bad install of program or mods or bad configuration.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Thanks a bunch guys for your input. This errors out when trying to initialize the world it just crashes. Now this is on both computers. I will try removing the player files and let you know if that was why. Now as far as hamachi it still forces the network to be in a different protocol so it bypasses steamnetworking and litenetlib protocols. Even though its on the lan it would be a seperate vpn.

I have my wife and my son and both computers had the same problem. Here is the server config for how I set it up.

image.thumb.png.5697f076d32c1657d79e2547cf95ef57.png

So I checked the server window when the clients attempt to join and I found the eos player id but when I look in the player folder from the saved world its not there. The server didnt accept the player in so so it did not make a player file at all... therefore its not the player files... Instead its the network or firewall issue. Ill check to see if there IPs are conflicting or if Hamachi can fix it today.

so it has a timeout initializing the world with litenetlib .... see this look at the blue: (10.149.1.1 is my router)

image.png.b7a05cc9b270ed44898e17163d596d09.png

I will try disabling eos once again due to the dynamic music error then ill try disabling litenetlib with using hamachi instead... omg this is crazy but its my last try... then ill have to have my friends host this..

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Most likely are either a bad player file or a bad install of program or mods or bad configuration.

This I can agree with but I did a fresh install now and also I copied the entire folder from my computer to theirs and it goes into the game shows age of oblivion screen but yes it crashes during initializing the world. 

To be honest, I've seen people across a few games just straight have issues with Malwarebytes (and some others). IMO, after that company got bought out by a shady company, it's become almost malware itself. Adding exclusions to a sketchy AV program won't do anything if it doesn't listen to what you tell it to exclude. Your crashing to the desktop while the mod injects itself into memory kind of escalates that thought, if the AV is preventing that from happening, you've now got corrupted/unusable/missing data in memory and the game can't function anymore.

Plus, antiviruses clash with each other. Latest Windows has been good about detecting this and shutting itself off, but if it's still running while Malwarebytes is doing whatever it does (*cough generating scare-tactics cough*), there's also an issue.

Welp im at a loss. Do you guys know of modems having firewalls? I know we bought a fancy modem a long time ago...

3 hours ago, getgcs said:

Do you guys know of modems having firewalls?

Your picture of your port forwarding shows a "firewall" tab, so, yes. Also post a new picture of your new port forwarding.

Does your router have a DMZ, and if so, is your server connected to that port?

7 hours ago, getgcs said:

no success yet, im trying fresh installs.

@meganoth What happened to your face man? lol :D

Time and a zombie virus

6 hours ago, getgcs said:

Have you guys ever seen that dynamic music error? I've seen it before in previous 20.6 servers I hosted but I always fixed it with disabling EOS in the platform file.... not this time.

They dynamic music error is a **warning** not an error. Warnings can be ignored almost always.