Rock Busters question

bobrpggamer

Yes to both questions (or it should be doing this based on the game code)

Both rock busters candy and coffee increase yields based on the oreWoodHarvest tag.  Any block that has harvest in it and use this tag will see an increase in yields when using tools (shovels, axes, pickaxes, augers, and chainsaws).

Terrain blocks that yield clay when you harvest them have this tag in them.  Pallets don't have this tag in them so they don't benefit from the rock busters candy and coffee buzz ( at least in A20 they don't).

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Both rock busters candy and coffee increase yields based on the oreWoodHarvest tag.  Any block that has harvest in it and use this tag will see an increase in yields when using tools (shovels, axes, pickaxes, augers, and chainsaws).

Terrain blocks that yield clay when you harvest them have this tag in them.  Pallets don't have this tag in them so they don't benefit from the rock busters candy and coffee buzz ( at least in A20 they don't).

This is good to know. Thank you again BFT2020.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I thought the coffee buzz thing only worked for hand tools, not the auger.

@Syphon583 @Callum123456789 I could be wrong, but I don't see where I am...unless there was a very recent change and my config files I am looking at are not the latest (they are at least 20.5 version).  The auger has the same harvesting tags as the pickaxe so now I am confused  🤔

Edit:  I know the description in the book states pickaxe or stone axe while the description in rock candy just states mining tool, but the tags seem to indicate that they would affect the auger also.  Unless there is something hard coded into the game that ignores those tags (say if the item has the tag motorTool).

From the Iron Pickaxe

<item name="meleeToolPickT1IronPickaxe">
    <property name="Tags" value="melee,grunting,medium,tool,longShaft,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,miningTool,canHaveCosmetic"/>

From the auger

<item name="meleeToolPickT3Auger">
    <property name="Tags" value="melee,heavy,tool,motorTool,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,miningTool,canHaveCosmetic"/>

From the Perk Motherlode

<effect_group>
            <passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value=".2,1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
            <passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="-.1,-.4" tags="Harvesting">
                <requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkMiner69r"/>
            </passive_effect>

From the Coffee buzz book

<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffCoffee"/>
            <requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="miningTool"/>
                <passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1" value=".1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                <passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" level="1" value="-.05" tags="Harvesting"/>
        </effect_group>
        <effect_group>
            <requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffBlackStrapCoffee"/>
            <requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="miningTool"/>
                <passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1" value=".1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                <passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" level="1" value="-.05" tags="Harvesting"/>
        </effect_group>

From the rock candy buff

<effect_group>
            <requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkMiner69r"/>
                <passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value=".2" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
                <passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-.05" tags="Harvesting"/>
        </effect_group>

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Rock buster candy and coffee does increase yields with the auger

Test world

Level 1 character, Q2 auger with no mods, 10 surface iron nodes for each test from CM

• No buffs - 1050 iron
  • With coffee buzz and book - 1150 iron
  • With rock busters buff active (coffee buzz not active) - 1260 iron

Also of note, I have seen people claim on the internet that durability affects the auger harvesting (or any tool / weapon to be exact).  That is not the case

Same test as above

• Auger starting at 100% durability - 1050 iron
  • Auger starting at <50% durability - 1050 iron

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Also of note, I have seen people claim on the internet that durability affects the auger harvesting (or any tool / weapon to be exact).  That is not the case

It used to back in A16 (and possibly before, but that's when I started playing.)  Pretty sure it was removed in A17.

On 1/7/2023 at 4:58 AM, BFT2020 said:

Rock buster candy and coffee does increase yields with the auger

Test world

Level 1 character, Q2 auger with no mods, 10 surface iron nodes for each test from CM

• No buffs - 1050 iron
  • With coffee buzz and book - 1150 iron
  • With rock busters buff active (coffee buzz not active) - 1260 iron

Same test as above

• Auger starting at 100% durability - 1050 iron
  • Auger starting at <50% durability - 1050 iron

Great testing!  Any chance you tested clay for the OP?

7 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Great testing!  Any chance you tested clay for the OP?

Nope, and not really planning to.  I confirmed that the terrain blocks have the correct tag for harvesting bonuses and confirmed that the auger works with those harvesting tags.  If it doesn't work for the clay terrain blocks, then that is a bug.

Rather spend time working on my mod and playtesting it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, BFT2020 said:

Nope, and not really planning to.  I confirmed that the terrain blocks have the correct tag for harvesting bonuses and confirmed that the auger works with those harvesting tags.  If it doesn't work for the clay terrain blocks, then that is a bug.

Rather spend time working on my mod and playtesting it.

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the update and good luck with developing and play testing your mod.