Bring back ammo quantities, or a close approximation.

Rotor

38 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Turning brass into dukes is the most inefficient way to turn dukes into ammo (AFAIK). Even buying stuff that scraps into brass gets a better ratio (though I don't remember if trophies are still buyable at the trader).

That sounds a bit off... spinning up a game, brb.

So, you get 112 brass from a scrapping brass candlestick (150 smelting), you can buy one for 324. (no skills involved, had a cigar on, 360 for non-buffed (I hope)) Not worth to buy until you have hefty bonuses for trading.

The other stuff seems to wary, the worst I saw is: you're better off selling a "short" faucet and smelting the dukes than scrapping it (17 dukes or 12 brass)

Casings cost 27 per 10, so 2.7 brass each = clearly worth a buy.

EDIT: Oops, that's with a cigar (10%), can't remember them all ... :)

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, theFlu said:

That sounds a bit off... spinning up a game, brb.

So, you get 112 brass from a scrapping brass candlestick (150 smelting), you can buy one for 324. (no skills involved) Not worth to buy until you have hefty bonuses for trading.

The other stuff seems to wary, the worst I saw is: you're better off selling a "short" faucet and smelting the dukes than scrapping it (17 dukes or 12 brass)

Casings cost 27 per 10, so 2.7 brass each = clearly worth a buy.

Yes, the info about buying brass items is what I remembered from an earlier alpha and might not be true anymore. That is why I added the AFAIK. Always good to do the math yourself to check such information is still valid.

But isn't the ratio for smelting 3 dukes to 1 brass? Or am I totally off here?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Always good to do the math yourself to check such information is still valid.

Absolutely :)

10 minutes ago, meganoth said:

But isn't the ratio for smelting 3 dukes to 1 brass? Or am I totally off here?

I did check that too, it's still 1:1 dukes to brass. Maybe you're thinking the cost of a casing, that got tripled at some point to 6 brass per casing?

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

First let me say that I'll give some advice here but just ignore it if it harms the way you want to play. Mod the game it if that better suits you. But one thing is safe to say: The game does not force you to mine for days, not even in vanilla A20.

@Rotor

I feel like I was summoned

https://github.com/BFT2020/IncreaseAmmoModlet.git

This modlet will easily increase the quantity of ammo dropped.  I have it set to double right now, but instructions are in the progression file on what to change to tweak it to your desires.

At the start of a new game, a schematic will be loaded into your toolbar.  Read it and it will globally increase ammo quantities.  It is based on the Lucky looter ammunition book.

If you want it in an existing game, go to creative menu and search for note_IncreaseAmmoDrops

Didn't get any errors in game and I set it to 5 (500% increase) to check.  Got over 150 7.62mm in a locked chest.

9 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

@Rotor

I feel like I was summoned[/quote]

Hehe

9 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

https://github.com/BFT2020/IncreaseAmmoModlet.git

This modlet will easily increase the quantity of ammo dropped.  I have it set to double right now, but instructions are in the progression file on what to change to tweak it to your desires.

At the start of a new game, a schematic will be loaded into your toolbar.  Read it and it will globally increase ammo quantities.  It is based on the Lucky looter ammunition book.

If you want it in an existing game, go to creative menu and search for note_IncreaseAmmoDrops

Didn't get any errors in game and I set it to 5 (500% increase) to check.  Got over 150 7.62mm in a locked chest.

Interesting.  I will try longer days first, if not this.  Mucho grass.

• 2 weeks later...