Group POIs / Raiding POIs

JStanleyF

This game is best played in multiplayer with friends (in my opinion). It would be really fun to incorporate group or raiding POIs that are not intended to be solo-able. This would incentivize more group play and collaboration. The tier 5 POIs in the game can be soloed without much difficulty by an individual person and while you can technically scale zombie difficulty it's not going to make it more fun. Me and some friends ran through one the other day with very little if no real difficulty on nomad (3) difficulty settings. I thought if there were a POI or quest rigged specifically for groups that would be pretty fun and exciting with the idea in mind there are 2 - 4 or more/less players at the location with the quest logged and started. Thanks for considering.

3 hours ago, JStanleyF said:

This game is best played in multiplayer with friends (in my opinion). It would be really fun to incorporate group or raiding POIs that are not intended to be solo-able. This would incentivize more group play and collaboration. The tier 5 POIs in the game can be soloed without much difficulty by an individual person and while you can technically scale zombie difficulty it's not going to make it more fun. Me and some friends ran through one the other day with very little if no real difficulty on nomad (3) difficulty settings. I thought if there were a POI or quest rigged specifically for groups that would be pretty fun and exciting with the idea in mind there are 2 - 4 or more/less players at the location with the quest logged and started. Thanks for considering.

Tier 5s are sorta like group tier POIs in away based on how much time it takes to clear a quest (e.g. average player).

But yeah, it would be amazing if there were some group specific content near impossible for a solo player to overcome.

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Tier 5s are sorta like group tier POIs in away based on how much time it takes to clear a quest (e.g. average player).

But yeah, it would be amazing if there were some group specific content near impossible for a solo player to overcome.

My peer Cafe is a multiplayer poi 

I wonder... if the game were to implement some kind of group event system, if finding a group event at the end of a T5 POI might be a compromise that extended the utility of existing POIs?

Elaboration: Your group engages in a skyscraper T5 POI as a Clear Quest. You complete a clearing of the building as normal and you can get to the final loot. Included in the final loot is some object only becomes usable when the Clear Quest is finished. Interacting with that object would kick off a group event. The object could only be activated if the interacting player's group members were all within some radius of the object. The group would then face the group event. If the group event were completed, the final loot would be augmented in some way.

Group Events could then take place within the T5 POI in whatever manner we think up:

Group Horde (a sample type of Group Event): Horde mechanics would spawn some number of waves within the POI.

Group Fetch (a sample type of Group Event): The players have a time limit to each find and retrieve their fetch quest item. The POIs existing zombie volumes would be rearmed.

Obviously these are rough ideas and the devil is in the details.