Back To Origins MOD 4.1.5

RaDee

On 2/21/2024 at 12:52 AM, LittleMonstersTV said:

Unfortunately this is what this mod author is like...  These are messages that he had sent after his mod was pulled or reported.  In one of them he is describing how he took the XML from one of my modlets and directly put it into one of his XML files after people had reported the mod on Nexus.

I should probably also mention that these 3 messages are in their entirety and he had no messages, replies or contact from me prior to.

RicTrager2D.PNG

RicTrager2D 2.PNG

By the way, I just realized now. Is this your personal correspondence in the screenshots? It's just that if you published it without the consent of the other party, then at least in my country it's a crime. Are there such laws in your country or state? Personally, it's funny to me that you are ready to literally break the law in order to make someone look bad, but I admit the chance that you simply do not have such laws.

5 hours ago, LittleMonstersTV said:

Thanks for asking, but no, there are no laws against posting the hostile messages someone sends you - especially when they admit to stealing the xml from someone's mod and putting it in their's.

Perhaps my translator is working completely incorrectly, but it seemed to me that in the beginning there was an apology, not an explanation of the situation, not hostility. and the hostility was caused by your ignoring him. I do not condone his actions, but I want to point out that it was rude on your part, which probably caused the hostility that you complain about so much. In other words, you teased the bear, and now you're swearing that it bit you.

4 hours ago, Oreonsayl said:

Perhaps my translator is working completely incorrectly, but it seemed to me that in the beginning there was an apology, not an explanation of the situation, not hostility. and the hostility was caused by your ignoring him. I do not condone his actions, but I want to point out that it was rude on your part, which probably caused the hostility that you complain about so much. In other words, you teased the bear, and now you're swearing that it bit you.

You can't be serious. His "apology" was after he had stolen LM's xml without permission and included it in his mod. And just because he didn't get a response does not give him the right to act that way. I feel like you are just a troll account, or maybe an alt account of Ric even, judging by your delusional take on things. There's no defending him stealing other peoples' work.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

You can't be serious. His "apology" was after he had stolen LM's xml without permission and included it in his mod. And just because he didn't get a response does not give him the right to act that way. I feel like you are just a troll account, or maybe an alt account of Ric even, judging by your delusional take on things. There's no defending him stealing other peoples' work.

I think I read English better than you do. in his message, he just said that he did not intend to steal the work, and only forgot to delete it from the final version. As far as I know, using the work posted in the public domain is not theft. The fact that he didn't remove it from his final work is really bad, but that doesn't give you the right to call him a thief. moreover, according to him, he was not going to turn it on, apologized, and wanted to resolve everything peacefully. Which our friend did not want, judging by the correspondence. This is about stealing a job. you can remember it to him as much as you want, but if you can't resolve conflicts peacefully, then don't cry about the consequences later.

However, you haven't even read what I've written if you think I support stealing mods. It wasn't even about the theft itself, but about ignoring apologies, refusing a peaceful solution to the issue, and how you brought a person to anger with this. people are different, this man turned out to be short-tempered. ignoring the regrets led to him getting angry and writing something that was already difficult to ignore. and in this case, I can understand it. I wouldn't do that, but I can understand what he did.

And now about the delusional view of things. How dare you condemn my vision if you yourself are not capable of even a simple verification of information? They threw you a bone, and you're ready to lick those who gave it away. it was worth giving someone a reason, even if absolutely delusional, which does not stand up to any criticism, to attack the author, and you are already in the forefront. Are you calling my position nonsense? after 2 years, without any evidence, you accuse the author of who knows what? If you can't prove your lie in any way, then get out of here. And you are not capable, because you just wrote the first nonsense that came to your mind, without even bothering to make sure that it could not be verified in the same ways that you yourself once proved his guilt.

A true apology would have included a line along the lines of:  "I have updated the mod to remove your code and posted the new version."  If there is no correction of the offense, or not even an offer to correct the issue?  That wasn't an apology, it was an excuse. 

Modding 7 Days to Die is a pastime.  A hobby.  A passion project.  It is NOT a "job".  And the Terms of Use for the game prohibit charging money for mod content. ANY "pay for play" content violates the ToS.  Example: using the old Mischief Maker mod as a way to get extra income for streamers was a violation of that ToS.  And the mod got taken down and streamers who were using it got demonitized.  That's easy to understand. 

Do I use code from modlets I like in my own modding?  Of course I do.  The XML code to make changes to the properties of items, blocks, entities is going to be the same if you want the same changes.  But I absolutely acknowledge the creators of the code I use in both the mod readme file, and in the XML files with lines like:

<!-- I freely acknowledge that this is all derivative, based on mods and overhauls by PhD Gaming, DrConfused1, JaxTeller718, KhaineGB and others. Thank you all so much for teaching me the basics of xml modding through your fabulous mods! -->

<!-- Mostly based on Drs A20 PickItUp mod, and other mods to pick up items.  Updated with some of my own and for A21. -->
and
<!-- This is all from Khaine's 60BBM :) -->
<!-- update the overall backpack size -->
<!-- upgrade to 90 slots done by Geoff Wingard -->

It is not hard to do the right thing, even when you are just doing it for your own personal use.  Credit where credit is due.  And if I ever make my own mods generally available for public use, you can be certain that I will ask the permission of the original code creators, or I will delete their code before it goes public.  And you can be certain that I will not be charging anyone to download and use them.

3 hours ago, Evil_Geoff said:

A true apology would have included a line along the lines of:  "I have updated the mod to remove your code and posted the new version."  If there is no correction of the offense, or not even an offer to correct the issue?  That wasn't an apology, it was an excuse. 

Modding 7 Days to Die is a pastime.  A hobby.  A passion project.  It is NOT a "job".  And the Terms of Use for the game prohibit charging money for mod content. ANY "pay for play" content violates the ToS.  Example: using the old Mischief Maker mod as a way to get extra income for streamers was a violation of that ToS.  And the mod got taken down and streamers who were using it got demonitized.  That's easy to understand. 

Do I use code from modlets I like in my own modding?  Of course I do.  The XML code to make changes to the properties of items, blocks, entities is going to be the same if you want the same changes.  But I absolutely acknowledge the creators of the code I use in both the mod readme file, and in the XML files with lines like:

<!-- I freely acknowledge that this is all derivative, based on mods and overhauls by PhD Gaming, DrConfused1, JaxTeller718, KhaineGB and others. Thank you all so much for teaching me the basics of xml modding through your fabulous mods! -->

<!-- Mostly based on Drs A20 PickItUp mod, and other mods to pick up items.  Updated with some of my own and for A21. -->
and
<!-- This is all from Khaine's 60BBM :) -->
<!-- update the overall backpack size -->
<!-- upgrade to 90 slots done by Geoff Wingard -->

It is not hard to do the right thing, even when you are just doing it for your own personal use.  Credit where credit is due.  And if I ever make my own mods generally available for public use, you can be certain that I will ask the permission of the original code creators, or I will delete their code before it goes public.  And you can be certain that I will not be charging anyone to download and use them.

As I said, it is quite easy to check whether the BTO complies with the 7dtd policy. I did it in less than an hour, downloading the mod without paying a cent, and checking that the game was running. having rummaged through the files now, I also found the license files. About the apology, I suppose the whole point is that the author could have been blocked from uploading files to the nexus, or something like that. I do not know how nexus worked or worked at that time, so I can only assume that this complaint prevented him from re-uploading the modification. however, I will not be able to say more precisely, because for this I would need to participate in those events.

There is a saying out there, that it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.  Unfortunately, people use that saying to justify something that they know is wrong.

One does not use another person's mod work without getting permission first.  Any mod creator out there that is respectful of other mod creators would ensure that they have permission to use someone else's work prior to even incorporating it into their work.