Increase FPS in skyscrapers and cities

Games'n'Grumble

Hey, guys! This mod has a limited effect - probably until Alpha 21 is released. But suddenly someone will need it :)

ENG: In Alpha 21, 7DTD developers will replace window models in cities and skyscrapers, which greatly reduce FPS, since they use separate models for each frame. But when will Alpha 21 be released? No one knows. So I changed the problematic models to the usual block shapes.

There are two versions of the mod in the archive, you need to choose only one.
Version 1: Window blocks are transparent. FPS increases inside skyscrapers and outside, in cities.
Version 2: Window blocks are opaque. Thanks to this, the FPS inside the buildings is even higher than in the first version, but you don't see what's going on outside the window. Simple glass has the opaque texture of industrial glass, bulletproof glass has the opaque texture of carpet, as it is easier to process with a video card. Outside buildings and in cities, the average FPS is the same as in the first version, but higher than without using the mod.

In both versions, empty frames without glass are replaced with ordinary pillars with dark paint, so sometimes you will see bizarre shapes on the entrances or windows.

To install the mod, you need to drop one of the versions into the Mods folder. I didn't check in the co-op, but in theory, only the host should install the mod. You don't need to start a new game. The player's blocks do not change.

Link to NexusMods: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2397

RU: В Альфе 21 разработчики 7DTD заменят модели окон в городах и небоскребах, которые сильно понижают ФПС, так как используют отдельные модели для каждой рамы. Но когда выйдет Альфа 21? А никто не знает. Поэтому я поменял проблемные модели на обычные формы блоков.

В архиве две версии мода, выбрать нужно только одну
Версия 1: блоки окон прозрачные. ФПС повышается внутри небоскрёбов и снаружи, в городах.
Версия 2: блоки окон непрозрачные. Благодаря этому ФПС внутри зданий еще выше, чем в первой версии, но вы не видите, что происходит за окном. Простые стекла имеют непрозрачную текстуру промышленного стекла, пуленепробиваемые стекла имеют непрозрачную текстуру ковра, так как она проще для обработки видеокартой. Снаружи зданий и в городах средний ФПС такой же, как в первой версии, но выше, чем без использования мода.

В обеих версиях пустые рамы без стекла заменены на обычные столбы с темной краской, поэтому иногда вы будете видеть причудливые формы на входах или окнах.

Чтобы установить мод, нужно закинуть одну из версий в папку Mods. Не проверял в коопе, но в теории установить мод должен только хост. Новую игру начинать не нужно. Блоки игрока не меняются.

Ссылка на NexusMods: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2397

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

I've always like Skyscraper 2 over the Alphas but A20 seemed to push things a bit too hard. Just looking up at the building before even entering was causing render issues, and then once the zombies are active........ Sure, I can change graphics settings every time I go into the city for looting or questing, but what a way to have to play.

From low 50s

20220830201452_1.thumb.jpg.badab74dab9671d0b0de3fcebc43492c.jpg

To 75 max. Can't complain about that. Not like I'm going to strip the building of window frames on Bulletproof glass.

20220830201715_1.thumb.jpg.260542b51a85362abca9d723355afae3.jpg

Decent.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:25 AM, ktrain said:

Works as advertised! Now able to play @ 1080P high at 60 FPS almost everywhere (ryzen 5 3600, 16gb ram, radeon 580 8g) using Method 1

Great job, thank you very much!

Well this is the best advertisement for a mod I've ever seen, my setup is the exact same! Hell yes!

• 2 weeks later...