A minor and major suggestion, and a hopeful question

I'll start with the minor suggestion, and while it is minor, it is very important that I ask;  Could there be a multi-parent relay implemented? that or just applied to all relay? I've found it very hard to set up a two way door with switches when only one switch can connect to the door to activate it.  If multiple switches are lined up it would make sense that they function in unison, ie: if 3 switches are lined up to each other then a door, all three switches would need to be active to open the door.  This would allow for more easily set up electrical grids where multiple switches could activate one source from different locations, or persons could make a complex placement of switches to create a central control building or grid for various contraption.

An additional minor suggestion being 2x2 doors since you can't face two doors towards each other.

The major suggestion, practically overhauling or adding new AI, by adding human Npcs that aren't traders.

Perhaps the player could find other survivors in abandon buildings waiting to be eaten by a roaming zombie or found by the player to be traded with, killed, or recruited to defend a base.   This can be particularly helpful for solo players who may not have any multiplayer assistance, or for those who have a knack for civ type games.  Perhaps these survivor Npcs could have skill points or combat points of their own, allowing them to specialize with certain weapons.   They could level up and the player could choose points for them, or it could be automatic/randomized to the Npc.  All of this could still be added along side a disable/enable survivor Npc option.

The implications of friendly survivors also imply hostile survivors and even raiders.  Of course all of these would be rare finds, like finding radioactive zombies in the early game, but it could be a desirable addition for a zombie survival game. 

I'm not entirely certain if suggestions are being accepted, much less reviewed, but if they are, I would like to offer my suggestions whenever possible. I would gladly contribute my extraordinary creativity, whether it be implemented or not, just having my thoughts read by another for possible consideration is thrilling. I'm not asking for money, not a job, nothing but hope that suggestions don't go unnoticed.

5 minutes ago, Rotor said:

It is known at this time, the only other humans you will see will not likely treat you well.

Raiders! that or you meet them in dire times and help them, maybe they'll treat you the same.  I'm only imagining some kind of randomized trait for each npc.  Hostile, Friendly, pacifist, raider, ambush, trader, neutral, untrustworthy.  And depending on what trait they have either if it's at spawn, or based on how you find them, they will act differently.  Hell, it could be a raider pretending to be in danger, only to ambush you with their allies when you least expect it; consider taking them hostage till they comply or until one of their raider allies brings a ransom to take them back.  Maybe if the pimps consider it, you could enslave them like something similar to rimworld(regardless of the genre difference)

4 hours ago, AzazelMalfeasance said:

I'll start with the minor suggestion, and while it is minor, it is very important that I ask;  Could there be a multi-parent relay implemented? that or just applied to all relay? I've found it very hard to set up a two way door with switches when only one switch can connect to the door to activate it.  If multiple switches are lined up it would make sense that they function in unison, ie: if 3 switches are lined up to each other then a door, all three switches would need to be active to open the door.  This would allow for more easily set up electrical grids where multiple switches could activate one source from different locations, or persons could make a complex placement of switches to create a central control building or grid for various contraption.

An additional minor suggestion being 2x2 doors since you can't face two doors towards each other.

The major suggestion, practically overhauling or adding new AI, by adding human Npcs that aren't traders.

Perhaps the player could find other survivors in abandon buildings waiting to be eaten by a roaming zombie or found by the player to be traded with, killed, or recruited to defend a base.   This can be particularly helpful for solo players who may not have any multiplayer assistance, or for those who have a knack for civ type games.  Perhaps these survivor Npcs could have skill points or combat points of their own, allowing them to specialize with certain weapons.   They could level up and the player could choose points for them, or it could be automatic/randomized to the Npc.  All of this could still be added along side a disable/enable survivor Npc option.

The implications of friendly survivors also imply hostile survivors and even raiders.  Of course all of these would be rare finds, like finding radioactive zombies in the early game, but it could be a desirable addition for a zombie survival game. 

I'm not entirely certain if suggestions are being accepted, much less reviewed, but if they are, I would like to offer my suggestions whenever possible. I would gladly contribute my extraordinary creativity, whether it be implemented or not, just having my thoughts read by another for possible consideration is thrilling. I'm not asking for money, not a job, nothing but hope that suggestions don't go unnoticed.

A two way door with activators on both sides is already easily set up.

You wire from activator one to activator 2 to the door. There can be nothing between the activators (no relays or such). While i haven't specifically used switches, i've used motion sensors and seen pressure plates used with no problems. The first motion sensor will need to receive power from a generator, relay or such as well, of course. But the important part is that the motion sensors are wired directly to each other with nothing in between.

Human npc bandits are planned, and will quite likely be added to the next alpha. I don't think there are any plans for a sort of co-op partner npc for solo players however.

51 minutes ago, katarynna said:

You wire from activator one to activator 2 to the door. There can be nothing between the activators (no relays or such).

so that's how you make it.  So i guess this means wires are two ways, like on a string of lights, meaning all part of a two way circuit (i think).  The only sad side to this is that it means two switches can't be required to open a door, which would be super interesting, i'm thinking in the case of a two pressure plate mechanism, so you would need 2 people to open the door.  unless i'm wrong and that is infact possible

4 hours ago, AzazelMalfeasance said:

i'm thinking in the case of a two pressure plate mechanism, so you would need 2 people to open the door.

Quite possible:

Power -> Plate -> Relay -> Plate -> Door

Any trigger works for either plate (cams, trip wires), any other block works for the relay (doors and traps etc, they'll get power whenever the first plate is triggered)

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

10 hours ago, AzazelMalfeasance said:

Raiders! that or you meet them in dire times and help them, maybe they'll treat you the same.  I'm only imagining some kind of randomized trait for each npc.  Hostile, Friendly, pacifist, raider, ambush, trader, neutral, untrustworthy.  And depending on what trait they have either if it's at spawn, or based on how you find them, they will act differently.  Hell, it could be a raider pretending to be in danger, only to ambush you with their allies when you least expect it; consider taking them hostage till they comply or until one of their raider allies brings a ransom to take them back.  Maybe if the pimps consider it, you could enslave them like something similar to rimworld(regardless of the genre difference)

As other have said, bandits are currently the only non-trader NPC announced. They will be hostile to you.

If you want to get some insight on what's planned, I recommend the A21 Dev Diary: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/28129-alpha-21-dev-diary/

They have art of what's coming next, confirmed A21 features and several TFP employees interact with people there.