Can not get 3 generator to start.

lil_joha

in Housing_development_01  Restore power quest.. I need to start 3 generators.  I find all the geerators but the last one in the little red barn just will not start. I went thru looking for any buttons I needed to push  both of the first two are pushe but can not seem to find what will help start the last one.   Any walk thru videos available for this quest.  I tryed doing this quest 4 times so far and fail all the time

I personally don't recall ever doing a restore power quest at that POI. Regardless of quest type, that POI always involves pushing 3 buttons (with power restore quests, you're interacting directly with the generators, not buttons) so it sounds like you're doing something other than power restore, but I could very well be wrong. Whatever the case, once you activate all 3 buttons, the garage door for the last house (the one that looks finished) will open revealing the loot room and usually several zombies and a very friendly zombie bear. Depending on the quest type, just clear out the last house.

I've quested at this POI several times and the only issue I've had was my first time going through and not knowing where to start. It's very non-linear. I've never had it bug out on me. So if you're sure you've cleared out the entire POI, it sounds like your game is bugged. If that's the case, verify your steam game files. Hopefully this helps.

I've done a restore power in that POI several times. I don't recall any difficulties starting the generators, aside from the usually "generator half starts/spawns or awakenings happen/generator actually starts."

Custom map. I run with no mods though. Not sure if that's relevant in your case.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:28 AM, lil_joha said:

can not seem to find what will help start the last one

Yeah, I've also noticed that sometimes some generators during active quest don't show the interaction button. It may help to walk around it and try to probe all its sides, and also try to access it from the top

Edited by Ray Garraty (see edit history)