"ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0)" & "EXC Memory stream is not expendable"

Thunderbolt-GER

22 hours ago, Kuvuplan said:

On the dedicated server, with the server off, grab the 3 files for the affected player at %APPDATA%/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/[Map Name]/[Game Name]/Saves

There is a .map, a .ttp, and a .bak of the .ttp file.

Give a copy of those files to the player.  Reading the server logs can give clues on which sets of files go to which player.  Also, the .ttp file has the username string in there somewhere if you open it as a text file and know what username(s) to search for.

Note:  The player profile saves use the same path on the server and client PC's.

That player creates a new single player game, preferably with the same map.  Our player that succeeded used a map they downloaded (Which was different from the server's custom map).  The one that failed was using Navezgane.

After that new game is created, quit, overwrite their %APPDATA%/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/[Map Name]/[Game Name]/Saves with the files that came from the server.

Then re-launch the single player game.

While that game is running, it should be obvious that this character is not starting from scratch.  Inventory should have some stuff.

Quit that game.

They then grab those files and send them back to the server.

The server overwrites it's copy of %APPDATA%/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/[Map Name]/[Game Name]/Saves from the ones the player sent.  (Hopefully the server has backups in case something goes wrong/worse)

Server launches, players connect, and should be safe from that issue, long enough at least to put their drones away.

Thanks for the assist, that's exactly what I did.

For the unaware, the easiest way to get to the appdata folder is to hold the windows key, press R. In the window that pops up type %APPDATA% and click ok. It might put you in the roaming folder, but if it doesn't, just open the roaming folder and then the 7daystodie folder.

This seems to be the issue I’m having but when I log out and log back in it moves me back a couple levels and has been giving me the xp penalty for death even though it’s not registering that I’m dying. I’ve lost 13 levels today so far with this issue. 

Hello,

i had the same bug with the error ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0)

Couldn't open containers etc. I stored my drone in a box dirtectly after rejoining and it somehow worked for a few days.

But since today i got the same error and got stuck at the creating player screen.

After looking at the player profiles .ttp and .ttp.bak on my server (with notepad++) in my last line there where like 2 million characters.

The last line showed:

_sheltered  €?'_craftCount_meleeToolRepairT1ClawHammer  €?°·      8B£¤   ÈA   @d     ÈA   @d

with

°·      8B£¤   ÈA   @d     ÈA   @d

on repeat. The blank spaces are filled with NUL US EXT but wont copy in here.

I deleted everything in the last line after

_sheltered  €?'_craftCount_meleeToolRepairT1ClawHammer  €?

and could join my server again. It seems to work fine, i will playtest it now for a while.

Before deleting the characters the file was about 2MB in size, now its about 18kB

I tried the same thing you did 7.some. At first I thought it worked but later find out that I didn't remove the unwanted text well enough that all the server did was just recover the .bak file. Is there a good way to tell the proper ending of a player profile?

2 hours ago, Slyzen said:

I tried the same thing you did 7.some. At first I thought it worked but later find out that I didn't remove the unwanted text well enough that all the server did was just recover the .bak file. Is there a good way to tell the proper ending of a player profile?

I just looked for a pattern and it seemed to me that in my files after €? a new value/entry was made. And i looked for the characters that where always repeating.

I deleted those strings in both the ttp and ttp.bak files.

I did also destroy my drones ingame before i got stuck at the character loading screen and deleted the drone files on the server after i was not able to join.

Hello, I just got the same error yesterday and after reading this topic we thought it might be my drone. Every time I re-join, after 5-10 seconds I get the error again.

So my friends helped me get rid of my drone by taking all of its inventory and then I took it in my inventory and just kept it in a storage box. After that I didn't encounter the error for a long time.

We were doing a quest somewhere in the Wasteland when I got the exact error again even though I no longer have my drone out. But when I re-joined I was still able to play, albeit without a drone.

Before all this though, I encountered a different but I think quite similar bug: ERR Task_CommWriterSteam (ch=0) & EXC Memory stream is not expandable.
My character progress was not being saved. I was stuck at lvl131 and so is my quest progress. I had a recurring completed quest, where every time I submit it back to the trader, when I re-join it's there again and it tells me to submit it to the trader...again.
I tried the same fix where you put your profile in your local world and it worked. Not so long after, I get this error in this post.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:00 AM, 7.some said:

I just looked for a pattern and it seemed to me that in my files after €? a new value/entry was made. And i looked for the characters that where always repeating.

I deleted those strings in both the ttp and ttp.bak files.

I did also destroy my drones ingame before i got stuck at the character loading screen and deleted the drone files on the server after i was not able to join.

I also tried surgery on the file, removing the repeating patterns at the end, but it still reverted to the .bak , but without the actual .tpp structure, it's just guesswork

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I also tried surgery on the file, removing the repeating patterns at the end, but it still reverted to the .bak , but without the actual .tpp structure, it's just guesswork

Just copy profile to single game and run it for few minutes.

On the other hand it's really sad that 2 weeks and there is 0 @%$#s given and no fix has been presented by devs.

5 hours ago, selissi said:

On the other hand it's really sad that 2 weeks and there is 0 @%$#s given and no fix has been presented by devs.

Sadly this is the only surefire way until someone at TFP cares. You don't even really need a few minute just changing standing <-> crouch or dropping an item should be enough to sanitize the file.

There have been several bugs introduced in this version and I’ll bet they want to fix as many of them as they can before releasing A20.5. It can take time since fixing bugs can generate more bugs. They aren’t ignoring these bugs, it just takes time to fix without breaking other things. This was submitted via official bug report to the OA team who then has to reproduce it before sending on to the developers.

41 minutes ago, Star69 said:

There have been several bugs introduced in this version and I’ll bet they want to fix as many of them as they can before releasing A20.5. It can take time since fixing bugs can generate more bugs. They aren’t ignoring these bugs, it just takes time to fix without breaking other things. This was submitted via official bug report to the OA team who then has to reproduce it before sending on to the developers.

This is probably < 1hr of time to fix or at least mitigate via SW. Including story boarding, source control and typical software release processes this could be hotfixed in under a day. 

Was having the exact same issue. My buddy and I figured out a Band-Aid fix to play. Even when the "E" key wasn't working properly I held it down to unlock my drone. My buddy took all my stuff out of it's inventory and then I picked it up. Logged off and logged back in. My drone disappeared from my inventory but we've been able to play without an issue so far. It took a couple log off/ins to have my drone show up as unlocked. During the process my buddy couldn't see me or if he could, I was walking in place on his screen.

You don't realize how useful the drone is until you don't hear "Master, we're not alone." 

Hopefully this all gets fixed for all of us! Thank you all for sharing your experience with the bug. 

- Worked for about an hour...

On 5/3/2022 at 2:59 AM, 7.some said:

Hello,

i had the same bug with the error ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0)

Couldn't open containers etc. I stored my drone in a box dirtectly after rejoining and it somehow worked for a few days.

But since today i got the same error and got stuck at the creating player screen.

After looking at the player profiles .ttp and .ttp.bak on my server (with notepad++) in my last line there where like 2 million characters.

The last line showed:

_sheltered  €?'_craftCount_meleeToolRepairT1ClawHammer  €?°·      8B£¤   ÈA   @d     ÈA   @d

with

°·      8B£¤   ÈA   @d     ÈA   @d

on repeat. The blank spaces are filled with NUL US EXT but wont copy in here.

I deleted everything in the last line after

_sheltered  €?'_craftCount_meleeToolRepairT1ClawHammer  €?

and could join my server again. It seems to work fine, i will playtest it now for a while.

Before deleting the characters the file was about 2MB in size, now its about 18kB

OK, so after it worked for about an hour, we then tried the post above, and it's working again. For us, the files looked almost exactly the same, but had a slightly different term after the "sheltered" part. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I deleted the files after the second ? as listed above, using notepad++, and it allowed the 2nd player to be able to join again. We'll see how long this fix works....

On 5/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, selissi said:

Unfortunately not really an option for me as a server owner. I can't login as all my players. The latest Exp patch looks like it may address the growth, but likely not fix already broken ones. Just waiting now..

4 hours ago, Loki said:

Unfortunately not really an option for me as a server owner. I can't login as all my players. The latest Exp patch looks like it may address the growth, but likely not fix already broken ones. Just waiting now..

Well, the ServerAdmin would need to pass the *.ttp & *.ttp.bak files to the player and the player would have to copy them into a SP game, start & quit it and then give the 2 "repaired" files back to the ServerAdmin, who can upload them to the server.

Of course it is a bit work, but at least the player won't have to restart from lvl 1, when using the second option, which is deleting the player profile on the server.

Or we just wait, if the latest patch "repairs" the bloated profiles if the stable version is released.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, chikorina said:

Thank you for reporting.

This is an issue that occurs when you have a drone deployed on a dedicated server in A20.4.  

There is already a ticket for it.  Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Could you link the ticket, please?

18 minutes ago, widardd said:

Could you link the ticket, please?

Tickets can only be seen internally.  You can see the fix for it in the A20.5 EXP news.

It is the one that says, 

• Drone causing excess data in player data .ttp file on dedi 

• 3 weeks later...

me and my wife had this issue. my work around was to log out. log back in and pick up drone as fast as possible. then got the error. logged out of game and mod launcher. relogged and was good. got to base put drone away and no issues since. wife did the same and we have played for more than an hours since it happened. i hope this helps someone else, and motorcycle alone hasnt caused an issue so far!

8 hours ago, libaredneck said:

me and my wife had this issue. my work around was to log out. log back in and pick up drone as fast as possible. then got the error. logged out of game and mod launcher. relogged and was good. got to base put drone away and no issues since. wife did the same and we have played for more than an hours since it happened. i hope this helps someone else, and motorcycle alone hasnt caused an issue so far!

Its already fixed by the pimps. update to 20.5 (b2)

Archived