ntaklive

I am ready to present you a new major version of the BackupMod. I've made some breaking changes, so your old backups will be hidden for the modlet. You should configure the new settings.json again if you want to the modlet works properly.
Now we have a new 'backup scanning' algorithm, so the modlet will make a manifest file for each backup archive. It allows us to store a little more information about each backup (e.g. in-game time, online, titles for backups, comparing world hashes etc.).

Changelog (v2.0.0) :
— Added a new module system that makes it easier to add new features
— Written a new algorithm for locating your saves, worlds and backups
— Each backup.zip file will now have a manifest.json file next to the zip file.
— Fixed the bug with the not working AutoBackup.Enable configuration option
— Logging improvements
— Configurable countdown
— Added debug mode for getting better feedback about errors
— Other code refactoring

If anyone has problems with this version of the mod, you should contact me here or create an issue on GitHub.

Edited by ntaklive (see edit history)

sorry.
I put version 2.0 on the experimental server
No reaction.

It's complicated inside
"Backup over time"
It was also hard to find a place to change the setting time.

Originally, from the player of the server I want to enter
Because it is said that "heavy is not good",
I would like to use the previous version.

-- for translation
Text may be weird.

On 2022/9/3 at 午前1時25分, ntaklive said:

BackupMod の 新しいメジャーバージョンを紹介する準備ができました。重大な変更を加えたので、古いバックアップは modlet に対して非表示になりますmodlet を適切に動作させたい場合は、新しい settings.json を再度構成する必要があります。
新しい「バックアップ スキャン」アルゴリズムが導入されたので、modlet は各バックアップ アーカイブのマニフェスト ファイルを作成します。これにより、各バックアップに関するもう少し多くの情報を保存できます (ゲーム内時間、オンライン、バックアップのタイトル、ワールド ハッシュの比較など)。

変更ログ (v2.0.0) :
— 新機能の追加を容易にする新しいモジュール システムを追加しました
— セーブ、ワールド、およびバックアップを見つけるための新しいアルゴリズムを記述し
ました — 各 backup.zip ファイルの隣に manifest.json ファイルが追加されましたzipファイル。
— AutoBackup.Enable 構成オプションが機能しないバグを修正しました
— ログの改善
— 構成可能なカウントダウン
— エラーに関するフィードバックを改善するためのデバッグ モードを追加しました
— その他のコードのリファクタリング

このバージョンの mod で問題が発生した場合は、ここで私に連絡するか、GitHub で問題を作成します

Changelog (v2.0.1) :
— Md5 hash of the world feature fix

If anyone has problems with this version of the mod, you should contact me here or create an issue on GitHub.

5 hours ago, a_jp said:

sorry.
I put version 2.0 on the experimental server
No reaction.

It's complicated inside
"Backup over time"
It was also hard to find a place to change the setting time.

Originally, from the player of the server I want to enter
Because it is said that "heavy is not good",
I would like to use the previous version.

-- for translation
Text may be weird.

Sorry, but I can't understand your problem.

Backup 2.0 doesn't work on my own server
I don't know where to explain.
1. Where should I take pictures?

(Experimental server A and
We are operating 2 server B where the player is.)
B mackerel player
"I don't want it to be heavy with MOD"
When.
(I don't think it will be heavy with MOD in the first place)
2. What is your server load?

9 minutes ago, a_jp said:

Backup 2.0 doesn't work on my own server

Try to install it on your PC first and start a singleplayer world.

Don't change the configuration.

Try if the mod accept commands like "backup".

When it don't accept the command, something is wrong with the installation of the mod.

Like the filestructure

Mods - BachupMod - config (When you have more folder then config, you use the master and you should download the release version).

Once the mod is working, you can configure/modify the 'settings.json' at your needs.

When anything is working, you can transfer it to your server.

Thanks for fixing the issue with auto backup disabling. In the end I decided to leave it enabled though. I've been using the mod for a while now and I have a few feature requests that you might consider:

1. Make manual backups (optionally) reset the timer for auto backups. In case it's not clear, what I mean is that currently if the timer is set to 20 min and a manual backup is done eg. 15 minutes after an auto backup, the next auto backup will be 5 minutes after the manual backup. IMO it would make more sense if the timer was reset so the next auto backup would occur 20 minutes after the manual backup.
  2. Allow deleting backups while in-game.
  3. Add a console command to disable/enable auto backups in-game. Not permanently, just until exiting to the main menu or exiting the game.

Also, unless I'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to work, I think the Archive feature isn't working properly. I had it enabled it but it wasn't storing the last backup from each day. When I disabled it and deleted the archives, there were about a half dozen archives of the current day and none from previous days. Being on day 20, I was expecting the last backups from days 10-19. I mean, I assume there could be duplicates if I had loaded a save and reverted to a previous day, but that can't explain what I saw.

Changelog (v2.0.2) :
— Archive is not working as expected fix

3 hours ago, alphaniner said:
  1. Make manual backups (optionally) reset the timer for auto backups. In case it's not clear, what I mean is that currently if the timer is set to 20 min and a manual backup is done eg. 15 minutes after an auto backup, the next auto backup will be 5 minutes after the manual backup. IMO it would make more sense if the timer was reset so the next auto backup would occur 20 minutes after the manual backup.
  2. Allow deleting backups while in-game.
  3. Add a console command to disable/enable auto backups in-game. Not permanently, just until exiting to the main menu or exiting the game.

I'll make these features a little later. Thank you for your contribution to the development of the mod 🙃

• 2 weeks later...

Added the features requested by alphaniner

Changelog (v2.1.0) :
— Added two new commands ('bp start', 'bp stop') that allow you to manually start or stop the auto backup process
— Added a new property (ResetDelayTimerAfterManualBackup) to the settings.json file that resets the delay timer after manual backups
— Fixed the inability to delete backups while in-game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2022-10-10T02:03:18 1589.767 INF Executing command 'backup restore 0 0 10' by ControlPanel
2022-10-10T02:03:18 1589.781 WRN (ERR) [BackupMod]: This command can only be executed in the main menu

In single game, 'backup restore' will work well on main menu.
But it can not work on dedicated server?

* That dedicated server is not in my computer.
It's a hosting server (7D2D.net)

6 hours ago, steward said:

2022-10-10T02:03:18 1589.767 INF Executing command 'backup restore 0 0 10' by ControlPanel
2022-10-10T02:03:18 1589.781 WRN (ERR) [BackupMod]: This command can only be executed in the main menu

In single game, 'backup restore' will work well on main menu.
But it can not work on dedicated server?

* That dedicated server is not in my computer.
It's a hosting server (7D2D.net)

You cannot use 'bp restore' on a dedicated server by reason of your inability to manipulate with the current world save files while in-game (while a server is running).
In theory, if you need to restore not the current save you are playing, I can change the current behavior, and you will be able to do this from the next version of the mod.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, ntaklive said:

You cannot use 'bp restore' on a dedicated server by reason of your inability to manipulate with the current world save files while in-game (while a server is running).
In theory, if you need to restore not the current save you are playing, I can change the current behavior, and you will be able to do this from the next version of the mod.

Thanks a lot!

I will look forward to next version!

On 10/12/2022 at 6:44 AM, ntaklive said:

Changelog (v2.1.2) :
— Added the ability to restore (bp restore) inactive saves while in-game

[v2.1.2] bp restore is not working in single game and main menu

I met this message
[This command cannot executed on an active world save. Try to another parameters]

I uploaded screenshots on your GitHub.

13 hours ago, steward said:

[v2.1.2] bp restore is not working in single game and main menu

I met this message
[This command cannot executed on an active world save. Try to another parameters]

I uploaded screenshots on your GitHub.

Changelog (v2.1.3) :
— Fixed the inability to restore the current world after disconnecting

2 hours ago, Tom1243 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Not showing the command. Using in Unraid in a docker. Any ideas?

I have no idea, 'cause when I type 'help' on my local server, I am getting this: "backup bp => Some commands to simplify the creation of backups (commands are provided by BackupMod)". And I can type 'help bp' and get detailed information about all the commands. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 2:05 AM, Toastypaws said:

2022-11-14T23:04:45 75595.380 WRN (ERR) [BackupMod]: This command cannot be executed on an active world save. Try to specify another parameters

And what is your problem?

This message is just an expected error message you produce by using invalid parameters in your command

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, TheReaperME3 said:

これは専用サーバーでも機能しますか? また、バックアップはどこにありますか?

I have installed it on a rental server.

Multi-server normal save

/home/sdtd/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/PREGEN8k/My Game

in the case of

/home/sdtd/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Backups/PREGEN8k/My Game

to the .zip The specified number is saved.

I think it was saved as a zip even in solo
I was out recently
I do not understand

1 hour ago, a_jp said:

I have installed it on a rental server.

Multi-server normal save

/home/sdtd/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/PREGEN8k/My Game

in the case of

/home/sdtd/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Backups/PREGEN8k/My Game

to the .zip The specified number is saved.

I think it was saved as a zip even in solo
I was out recently
I do not understand

So where do i find the backup file on a server and where to i put it?

You can change the locations at the settings.json
 // Custom backups folder path
    // IMPORTANT: You must escape all '\' characters or use '/'
    // Example: "C:\\7DaysToDie\\Backups"
    // Default: ""
    "CustomBackupsFolder": "",

• 1 month later...

Set a custom save folder and am now getting this: 

2023-04-24T11:19:41 338183.686 INF Saving 0 of chunks took 20ms
2023-04-24T11:19:41 338183.703 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved
2023-04-24T11:19:53 338195.413 WRN (ERR) [BackupMod]: An unexpected exception wa                                                                      s occured during executing a command
2023-04-24T11:19:53 338195.430 EXC It's unable to find checksums.txt
Parameter name: worldName
2023-04-24T11:19:53 338195.437 ERR Full exception info: System.ArgumentException                                                                      : It's unable to find checksums.txt
Parameter name: worldName
  at BackupMod.Services.Resources.GetMd5HashForWorld (System.String worldName) [                                                                      0x0007f] in <a306766cc8604771b4430f807d0b60f2>:0
  at BackupMod.Services.WorldInfoFactory.CreateFromManifests (System.Collections                                                                      .Generic.IReadOnlyList`1[T] manifests) [0x0012c] in <a306766cc8604771b4430f807d0                                                                      b60f2>:0
  at BackupMod.Services.WorldInfoService.GetWorldInfos () [0x0013c] in <a306766c                                                                      c8604771b4430f807d0b60f2>:0
  at BackupMod.Services.BackupManager.DeleteRolledBackups (BackupMod.Services.Ab                                                                      stractions.Models.BackupInfo backupInfo) [0x0000d] in <a306766cc8604771b4430f807                                                                      d0b60f2>:0
  at BackupMod.Services.BackupManager.Create (System.String title, BackupMod.Ser                                                                      vices.Abstractions.Enum.BackupMode mode) [0x0003e] in <a306766cc8604771b4430f807                                                                      d0b60f2>:0
  at BackupMod.Services.BackupManager+<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<CreateAsync>b__0 ()                                                                       [0x00000] in <a306766cc8604771b4430f807d0b60f2>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func`1[System.ValueTuple`2[BackupMod.Servi                                                                      ces.Abstractions.Models.BackupInfo,System.TimeSpan]].invoke_TResult()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult].InnerInvoke () [0x0000f] in <695d1cc                                                                      93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute () [0x00010] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c                                                                      15c9fdd749>:0
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---