Server joining error

SnapeGJN

Hi, my friend started server where we played a lot of time. But now I'm unable to join. Error is: "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I understand it as that my character splited into two parts - first body with no values and probably secondly the part with values. My character is on the server (seen by other players), but is unreachable and intact in undestructable soil in broken chunk. But the server itself is running without noticeble problems. Kick, ban, teleport (iniciated by me and also admin) or kill (unnoticed) did nothing. Any idea what could help?

Looks like your player profile is corrupted. You will need to delete the 3 player profile files in that world folder. Then, when you go back to that map, you will be at level one so you can use the creative menu to give yourself the items that you had and the admin command to give yourself the xp to get back to your previous levels. Are you running your Steam on an external hard drive? Just curious about the M drive.

18 hours ago, SnapeGJN said:

This is link to last log.

Your server doesn't have LiteNetLib working, which it should. It's either disabled or the ports are not opened.

This reduces network performance and increases the odds of corruption. So that should get fixed.

You could try deleting your local cache of the save from C:\Users\rptm\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/SavesLocal/CF35D011500D8E4C9A5D07F8F8F3369F

Delete the whole folder. The server will send you fresh data.

If your server profile is corrupted then the thing that @Star69said is what you have to do. Also, verify your files.

Thanks for advices! I deleted my player profile from files Beelzebub said and my friend deleted my profile files from server (they were in C folder - same as operating system). We found it in server files. Number of player profile was same in game/command line as in files. So we did it. Yes I´m level 1 again, but that´s nothing.

Star69, I have Steam in C folder (the folder where also operating system is). My C/operation folder is small for my games, apps and documents (cca. 500 GB). So I´m using M drive with 2 TB for all my games.

Thanks again for help. 🙏😀

On 2/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, SnapeGJN said:

Thanks for advices! I deleted my player profile from files Beelzebub said and my friend deleted my profile files from server (they were in C folder - same as operating system). We found it in server files. Number of player profile was same in game/command line as in files. So we did it. Yes I´m level 1 again, but that´s nothing.

Star69, I have Steam in C folder (the folder where also operating system is). My C/operation folder is small for my games, apps and documents (cca. 500 GB). So I´m using M drive with 2 TB for all my games.

Thanks again for help. 🙏😀

Glad you got it fixed! My reasoning on asking about M drive is me wondering if you were using an external hard drive. There have been issues with the game not performing well on external drives which was my concern. Most important is that you’re back in the business of killing zombies!

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Soheil143 said:

I started a sever but my friend can't join I'm on xbox BTW 

Please start a new thread and follow the pinned guides on how to post issues.

If you are on an xbox and your friend on a PC then there is no immediate solution. The versions on XBOX and PC are completely different and will never be able to crossplay.

You have to wait at least 2 years until the PC version is released and has been ported to xbox. That version will have crossplay.

Archived