Confused about Dart Traps

Guerthal

Do you play with a mod ? Dart traps need 10W of power and they don't allow you to select the target in vanilla. They just fire as soon as they get power.

EDIT: Is there a motion sensor in the direction you are pointing on the picture ? A motion sensor needs 5W and allows to select a target.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

8 hours ago, RipClaw said:

EDIT: Is there a motion sensor in the direction you are pointing on the picture ? A motion sensor needs 5W and allows to select a target.

Yabbut:

image.png.d36a184b375e443414cd2f1aa470a23a.png

And also sensor wouldn't show ammo (although it would be a neat trap for the cameras to also shoot darts):

image.png.c54c88dca3357c889b654892d09433dc.png

I think you're right about it being a mod.

I do not play with any mods. I do not have any motion sensors or other traps installed. Only a few power banks, some switch and electric relays. Maybe the ones that cost 5W were damaged during a horde. I don't see how that would factor in but that's literally the only thing I can think of.

6 hours ago, lil_joha said:

I needed a relay between my motion sensor and the pressure plate.

That was the "electrical" question you had; I was trying to refer to the weird UI you experienced, with the targeting options for dart traps. Sorry, I should've been clearer :)

I have more info on that: In my multiplayer game we had the situation that 2 players saw the targeting interface while I myself didn't see it. At practically the same time!!

Our idea was that it might be because of them playing on windows and me on linux. This is a game created in A20.0, could be a reason for the strangeness as well

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I am playing on multiplayer with the same friend all the time. It is possible that I've installed some traps while being alone in the game. I'll also add the info that I'm the only one who has manipulated the traps in our game. I also picked up a 5W trap and put it back down to see which trap I'd get and it became a 10W trap.

Electric traps behave very weird in A20.

I have electric fences and blade traps in my base in the front area and dart traps and trip wires in the the back area.

Normally electric fences get damaged when zombies walk through them. But a single electric fence was not damaged. But instead the dart traps were triggered although no zombies ran over the trip wire. It's almost as if the electric fence suddenly became a tripwire.

There is also the bug that electric fences connect to a point in the distance. After restarting the game everything is back to normal. The problem seems to occur frequently when playing for several hours at a time.

Kage848 had for example this problem (starting from 23:00 and 27:20)

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

On 2/20/2022 at 11:11 AM, Guerthal said:

I am playing on multiplayer with the same friend all the time. It is possible that I've installed some traps while being alone in the game. I'll also add the info that I'm the only one who has manipulated the traps in our game. I also picked up a 5W trap and put it back down to see which trap I'd get and it became a 10W trap.

I noticed the same thing in my game with the inconsistent dart traps. I noticed that even when the dart trap was showing 5W and let me select what to trigger on, it still would shoot whenever it was powered no matter what the trigger on option was set to. It also was still using 10W even though it shows 5W. So I think its just a bug with the dart trap interface, but it doesn't actually effect anything.

Edited by 360thicc (see edit history)