[A21] - The Winchester - mini overhaul mod - Updated for A21.2 b30

w00kien00kie

21 hours ago, Cairnoss said:

Hi, awesome modI love it. I have just one question, I want to play with custom item like custom shotgun, tool, weapon, How can I add this item to the config of action skill ? Custom item don't gain xp when we use it. Thx 😀

@Cairnoss Do you have an example mod or XML of the one of the items you are trying to sort please?

thanks @w00kien00kie

i consider that as defeated, don't think i wanna recover from that and that is fine.

huge mistake, moved to new base few days before horde, zed could get pushed through pillar "wall", overwhelmed me and 150% ai block damage did the rest.

did test the wall with the few roaming zed and they could not get in, but once you have a bunch on a spot they pushed some through.

A21.1_2023-09-25_22-09-42.jpg

19 hours ago, Cairnoss said:

Im afraid i cannot make changes to work with other mods im afraid. If i get time ill have a quick look and advise what may be wrong but i dont have time to make compatability patches. 

12 hours ago, erlgrey said:

thanks @w00kien00kie

i consider that as defeated, don't think i wanna recover from that and that is fine.

huge mistake, moved to new base few days before horde, zed could get pushed through pillar "wall", overwhelmed me and 150% ai block damage did the rest.

did test the wall with the few roaming zed and they could not get in, but once you have a bunch on a spot they pushed some through.

A21.1_2023-09-25_22-09-42.jpg

Looks like the zeds had some fun with your base!!

The ghosting zeds getting pushed through the walls is really annoying but sadly part of the vanilla game atm. 

Glad youve enjoyed the mod though. 

I have some free time off in october and hoping to get some bug fixes and new modules added to the Winchester . 

This is my trello board with a list of future changes and bug fixes if anyone is interested. Feel free to have a look and let me know your thoughts. Whats good on the list, whats bad, what should come first and if there are any other changes youd like. (FYI - P1 items are more priority than P4)

https://trello.com/b/24rxFIA7/the-winchester-wish-list

w00kie

I've included the air drop zombie spawning bit in my mod, and was tinkering with it to try and get it to spawn the zombies while you are still a bit farther away just so it isn't as crazy. I'm not much of a coder but I got it out to 20m before things got odd, past that it would spawn a stupid amount in for whatever reason. But I also noticed the respawndelay set for the biome you use doesn't really seem to work, as far as I could tell. Even if I set it to .001 the only way more spawned after the initial wave was if I backed out of the 20m radius I had set, and then walked back inside 20m again. This could very well be due to my changes, and if so, disregard. Haha. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case it is technically a bug. :)

6 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

I've included the air drop zombie spawning bit in my mod, and was tinkering with it to try and get it to spawn the zombies while you are still a bit farther away just so it isn't as crazy. I'm not much of a coder but I got it out to 20m before things got odd, past that it would spawn a stupid amount in for whatever reason. But I also noticed the respawndelay set for the biome you use doesn't really seem to work, as far as I could tell. Even if I set it to .001 the only way more spawned after the initial wave was if I backed out of the 20m radius I had set, and then walked back inside 20m again. This could very well be due to my changes, and if so, disregard. Haha. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case it is technically a bug. :)

Ill try to catch up with you on Discord later @bdubyah so i can fully understand the problem :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 2:37 AM, w00kien00kie said:

I have some free time off in october and hoping to get some bug fixes and new modules added to the Winchester . 

This is my trello board with a list of future changes and bug fixes if anyone is interested. Feel free to have a look and let me know your thoughts. Whats good on the list, whats bad, what should come first and if there are any other changes youd like. (FYI - P1 items are more priority than P4)

https://trello.com/b/24rxFIA7/the-winchester-wish-list

w00kie

Good god what an awesome list!

I’ve been manually updating an older Action Skills mod from way back and just found out you’ve been updating it this whole time! 😅 Also now running the quality revamp mod, so that’ll be fun to mess with too!

A question on a potential mod, any plans for an item mods degrade on use type of modlet? I had the chance to see one for A20 that hasn’t been updated, it definitely added to the “should I use this item of use my backup” since now multiple pieces needed to be taken care of. 

Thanks for all these modlets!

• w00kien00kie changed the title to [A21] - The Winchester - mini overhaul mod - Updated for A21.2 b30

UPDATES FOR A21.2 

• New Game Options
    • Sleeper Infested Mode - This multiplies the number of sleepers that spawn in POIs (like quest Infested mode)
    • Tools,Weapons,Mods in Loot? - Enables/Disables whether you find Tools Weapons and Mods in Loot Containers.
    • Tools,Weapons,Mods in Trader Inventory? - Enables/Disables whether you can see Tools Weapons and Mods in Trader Inventory.
    • Tools,Weapons,Mods in Trader Quests? - Enables/Disables whether you recieve Tools Weapons and Mods in Trader Quests.
    • Feral Sense Range Daytime - Sets the range for Feral Sense during the daytime. The default range is 30 and vanilla feral sense is 75. The higher the number the further the zombies can sense you.
    • Feral Sense Range Night - Sets the range for Feral Sense during the night. The default range is 30 and vanilla feral sense is 75. The higher the number the further the zombies can sense you.
  •  New Stashback features
    • New AutoDump button
      • Auto dump all matching items in your backpack into player made storage containers within the land claim area.
    • Lock slots in Vehicles
    • Lock slots in player made containers
  • New Loot Respawn Day Indicator
    • Small modlet that shows what day and time a container will respawn.
  • New Whisky
    • New drinkable item called whisky. It has the same affect as beer but the buff lasts for 6 minutes!
  • New Increase Dew Collector Stack Size
    • Dew collector now has room for 20 bottles of water up from 3
  • New Increase Ammo Stack Size
    • Ammo stack sizes are 3x vanilla sizes
  • New Action Skill Indicator
    • New UI element that shows the current XP and level of the Action Skill of the currently help item. i.e. if your holding a Club it will show the Action Skill lvl and current XP for Blunt Weapons.
  • Update to Trader Quest Map
    • Now shows a preview image of the selected quest POI so you can easily recognise which POI a quest is at
Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

Updated to version 21.2.30.4

• Bugfix for Stashbackpack on dedicated servers
  • New Video Options added, can now change the Zombie health bar colour and decide whether to show/hide the Name or Numbers on the bar
    • Show/Hide Zombie Health Bar Name
    • Show/Hide Zombie Health Bar Numbers
    • Set Zombie Health Bar Colour

bofF-gfTSkmIovFj2kV9Bw.png

BZb23tCOTCaWgXAAKuY4Gg.png

gQjw67HPREOD0hwNVq2E1g.png

h--JSdQyTcC_ni8LWnkvAg.png

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

Hey @w00kien00kie,

I've been playing it for a couple weeks and noticed 3 separate times now, that my Action skill level with certain weapons has gone back to 0 when they were around 20-25. Is there a cause for this or is it a bug? 

One time it seemed to happen after a death, the other after a fight where I almost died, and the last was just by logging back in. 

This was on the patch before the one you just released so I'm unsure if that would have had anything to do with it either. 

Edited by submar (see edit history)

Heyo!

I noticed that all of the mods have a .DLL inside them.

I was just wondering, would you be able to tell me if any of these mods can be safely installed only server-side?

• SkillPointReward
  • RemoveTraderXP
  • QualityRework
  • GameOptions
  • ActionSkills

The clients play on Geforce NOW, so they cannot install any mods : /

We would be most interested in QualityRework + ActionSkills, as that seems to be the combo that makes you gain experience in the particular action skills in order to be able to craft higher quality weapons. Not sure where the Vanilla Books change would be, but I assume in one of those?

Either way, thank you for keeping this mod up-to-date, and if none of those are server-side only, we will end up trying it at some point when can all have our own PCs ^^

• 2 weeks later...