I'm not seeing as many chickens and wabbits

ElCabong

Fortunately Rekt had some meat for sale. I looked it over pretty good and didn't see anything green, gave it the sniff test.

I knew better than to ask where it came from. Starvers can't be choosers anyway.

Next day I went hunting wabbits with a pipe machine gun. Just couldn't channel my inner Elmer Fudd.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

• ElCabong changed the title to I'm not seeing as many chickens and wabbits

Have you tried the tracker perk? I always stick a point in it at the beginning - higher levels were bugged in A19. Crouch down, give it a few seconds, chickens and rabbits within a fair distance show as icons on your map and show up as icons in the grass when you're close enough. My brother never used it before I did, then suddenly we had a chest of meat in the base.

Once I have a crossbow, I go night-hunting for wolves. They become my staple until I get a shotgun, a motor bike, and find a snow biome - snow biomes constantly spawn big animals. Big cats and dire wolves become my prey -- smash into them in my bike, hop off and double-barrel them quickly while they're stunned. Forget the chest, I have a full storage crate of meat now - I'm selling it to the traders.

Only after I get a 4x4 do I hunt bears in the same way because the bike just bounces off them.

Edited by OneManStanding (see edit history)