Gopher's Modlets - A20

Gopher_01

List of all my mods made in & updated for Alpha 20: 

https://github.com/GopherMods/7DTDMods/tree/master/Alpha20

My Food Mod:

https://github.com/GopherMods/7DTDMods/blob/master/Alpha20/GophersFoods_A20.zip

Food Mod Trello:

7 Days to Die Mod: Gophers Foods - A20 | Trello

New food mod released! Formerly known as More Cooked Foods, this mod has been updated and rebalanced for Alpha 20. Being updated, so check back occasionally!

Edited by Gopher_01
Post edit (see edit history)

• Gopher_01 changed the title to Gopher's Modlets - A20

I'm having loot issues with the food mod. I saw this a lot with other mods after a20 came out, but the loot items seem to be in every container they are assigned. I get two apples, a milk, antacids, catsup and mooseturd(lol) in nearly every backpack and cabinet. Oh and chips too:) Definitely seems more than intended.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:35 PM, Jaluvshuskies said:

Hello! Does this mod need to be installed on both clients & server? Or just server?

Thank you :)

Hi there. For the food mod, install it on both the Server and Game Client. 👍

On 2/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, ktrain said:

The Auto Shotgun ROF mod can be server only, but the Gophers Foods mod should be installed on both to show custom assets on clients

Correct, the Auto Shotgun mod only needs to be installed on the Server. The Game Client will automatically download it (as no custom assets) from the server and work just fine. 👍

18 hours ago, ate0ate said:

I'm having loot issues with the food mod. I saw this a lot with other mods after a20 came out, but the loot items seem to be in every container they are assigned. I get two apples, a milk, antacids, catsup and mooseturd(lol) in nearly every backpack and cabinet. Oh and chips too:) Definitely seems more than intended.

Apples and Milk should be somewhat rare - Catchup and Moosetard are intended to be somewhat common (as you'll find it in a lot of different places). However, on Zombie Drops, they shouldn't appear with nearly every drop. So thank you for reporting this problem! 

11 hours ago, blackpirate said:

hello I installed your mod my public multiplayer server my there is no photo in the recipe and on the resources I added everything the mod with resources as well as in the game client data my no success can you enlighten my thank you lanter

You'll need to install the mod in both the Server's mod folder, and the Game Client's mod folder. Let me know if you need any more information! 

Edited by Gopher_01 (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, blackpirate said:

I did as you suggested and it still does not work I opened the file and took all the files that I transferred to mods on the server and both solo no result

Hi there. Please list your directory pathing for the mod. 
For example, mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\GophersFoods_A20

What is yours, for both your Server & your Game Client?
As well, is this Dedicated Server running on Windows, or Linux? And are you running the Game on Windows, or Linux?

In addition to the food mod having backpacks and cabinets showing the exact same thing every time, it's for every container the mod adds food to. Shamway food crates, sinks, coolers and such. Assuming you know, but wanted to make sure it was known to be for every container.

3 hours ago, Shinisuryu said:

In addition to the food mod having backpacks and cabinets showing the exact same thing every time, it's for every container the mod adds food to. Shamway food crates, sinks, coolers and such. Assuming you know, but wanted to make sure it was known to be for every container.

Hi there Shinisuryu!
Thank you for letting me know about this as well. I had a pretty good idea, honestly, but now it's confirmed. Thanks! 👍

7 hours ago, Shinisuryu said:

Yeah, that is what I was trying to convey but I worded it poorly. Sorry about that.

Hi all!
I published a small update to my Food mod, which is now available at the link on the main (top) post. As well, I've also posted the link here again:

Trello page for Food Mod: 7 Days to Die Mod: Gophers Foods - A20 | Trello

Changelog:

Added new items:

Silverware
  Plate
  Drinking Glass (Does not override vanilla Glass Jar)
  Strawberry Smoothie
  Grilled Cheese

-------------------------

Fixed Items:

Corn Flour (localization and icon issues fixed)

Edited by Gopher_01
Added link to post. (see edit history)

Hey Gopher_01! I love your mod and want to see it grow to a fully functional masterpiece! I know farming integration is planned as seen in the xml code comments, but I wanted to let you know I have spent hours making my own icons for many of your food items and cleaned up some other ones as well. I would like to know if you are interested in seeing/integrating them into the 'official' version of this mod?

On another note, I am by no means experienced in any form of modding (coding or icon art) but am learning how it works just by reverse engineering the existing code. I was able to manually remove the red (MOD) text for your mods as well for A20 so there's that. With that said, in the loot.xml, the loot for a given container ID either all drops or none drops, meaning I get the same group of items from cabinets.

Food is also a little unbalanced, but I understand that as well, still in development. I am able to heal a lot of health eating just the basic fruits and veggies (which I also manually tweaked in the xml for my liking) but the meal foods are appropriate IMO.

5 hours ago, Recon_Reality said:

Hey Gopher_01! I love your mod and want to see it grow to a fully functional masterpiece! I know farming integration is planned as seen in the xml code comments, but I wanted to let you know I have spent hours making my own icons for many of your food items and cleaned up some other ones as well. I would like to know if you are interested in seeing/integrating them into the 'official' version of this mod?

On another note, I am by no means experienced in any form of modding (coding or icon art) but am learning how it works just by reverse engineering the existing code. I was able to manually remove the red (MOD) text for your mods as well for A20 so there's that. With that said, in the loot.xml, the loot for a given container ID either all drops or none drops, meaning I get the same group of items from cabinets.

Food is also a little unbalanced, but I understand that as well, still in development. I am able to heal a lot of health eating just the basic fruits and veggies (which I also manually tweaked in the xml for my liking) but the meal foods are appropriate IMO.

Howdy Recon_Reality!
I'd be interested - private message me the Icon files and any other files you've modified as well, maybe we can collab a bit on this mod.

Hi all!
A new update to the food mod today, which is now available for download @ the link on the main (top) post. As well, the link is posted here again as usual:

Trello page for Food Mod: 7 Days to Die Mod: Gophers Foods - A20 | Trello

Changelog:

v1.2 - 16-Feb-22:

Added new items:

Banana
  Egg & Cheese Sandwich

-------------------------

New icons for some items! (BIG THANKS TO @Recon_Reality FOR THESE NEW ICONS!) - Listed as follows: 
  Chicken Nuggets, Cabbage, Hamburger & Fries Meal, Hamburger, Hot Sour Soup, Mongolian Beef, Brownie, Broccoli, Butter, Carrots, Cheese, Wontons (Cheese), Chicken Bones, Powdered Sugar, Ramen Noodles, Slice of Bread, Tomato

2 hours ago, Khayotik said:

this mod is great but the wife and i are wondering if farming with seeds and what not is coming? it is a bit weird how the stuff is gathered atm. anyway keep up the good work

•  

Howdy Khayotik! I plan to either collaborate with one of the farming mod people, or make a farming mod/add farming into this mod at some point.

4 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

It doesn't matter now they all seem very good now as far as I can tell :p

Haha, alright, thanks for the feedback MikeyUK!

10 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

Maybe try and collaborate with @arramus's Oakraven Forest Collection, their hydroponic stuff looks amazing :D

Thanks for the suggestion, Mikey!

BTW all! If you want to keep updated on what's going on with the mod,  check out this link: https://trello.com/b/rojbgVcU/7-days-to-die-mod-gophers-foods-a20
I'm updating it every so often. I plan to do weekly, or maybe updates on the mod every two weeks, even if they're just small and add only one thing.