Gopher's Modlets - A20

Gopher_01

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gopher!

Nice mod tyvm for providing <3

I was drawn to post here because your (MOD) tag idea has peaked my interest. I think it being in red is a little harsh on the eyes, but I really appreciate when mod authors indicate which items belong to which mod because it helps immensely with troubleshooting and also just basic understanding of how to play with those mods installed. Especially when it comes to mods that add heaps of items!

My question to you is - would there perhaps be a way to add this prefix to other mods I already have installed? Is this something I can easily add to other mods, or would I have to add it to each individual item of each individual mod one by one? It would be lovely to have some sort of code that automatically applies an indicator, rather than having to edit hundreds of XMLs O_O

Thanks again for updating and keeping on top!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 11:34 PM, Eko said:

Hey Gopher!

Nice mod tyvm for providing ❤️

I was drawn to post here because your (MOD) tag idea has peaked my interest. I think it being in red is a little harsh on the eyes, but I really appreciate when mod authors indicate which items belong to which mod because it helps immensely with troubleshooting and also just basic understanding of how to play with those mods installed. Especially when it comes to mods that add heaps of items!

My question to you is - would there perhaps be a way to add this prefix to other mods I already have installed? Is this something I can easily add to other mods, or would I have to add it to each individual item of each individual mod one by one? It would be lovely to have some sort of code that automatically applies an indicator, rather than having to edit hundreds of XMLs O_O

Thanks again for updating and keeping on top!

Hey there Eko!
Not sure if one could do that or not. That would require a bit of testing. 😉

On 2/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, ozmods said:

he's not modding anymore, he lost his origina files, and has already said that anyone can take it over, as long as he's credited with it, i guess

here ya go, i chased up the thread for you, bottom of first post.

Thanks for the link, ozmods! Appreciated! 👍

Edited by Gopher_01 (see edit history)

20 hours ago, kanzensilver said:

I can't seem to get your mod to work. It's all in my mod folder like it's supposed to be. Any tricks? a friend of mine got his to work. My game just seems dumb asl.

Hey there kanzensilver!
Can you please describe how you unzipped the mod, and added it into your mods folder? 
Additionally, is your mods folder named "Mods", exactly? (Without quotes, of course!)

also make sure when you unzipped the mod it never made the dreaded double folder.

Sometimes it happens that when you unzip it does something like this.

Mods

Gopher_01 Mod

Gopher_01 Mod

Config

Make sure it is just

Mods

Gopher_01 Mod

Config

On 4/8/2022 at 2:15 AM, Gopher_01 said:

Hey there kanzensilver!
Can you please describe how you unzipped the mod, and added it into your mods folder? 
Additionally, is your mods folder named "Mods", exactly? (Without quotes, of course!)

So a friend of mine zipped his mod folder and sent it to me, when I unzipped the mod it didn't put it in a folder at all, and it just glitched me out. sorry I forgot to come back ty both for the help ❤️

First off I just wanted to say I love the new food.  One thing I noticed right off the bat is that I'm getting quite a bit of food just by punching grass.  (Carrot, strawberries, cabbage, broccoli, etc)  I don't know if it is intentional to harvest so much so fast, but it seems a little much.  I should probably add I started a new game from scratch after installing the mod, so I don't have any perk buffs yet. Is there a way to tweak the chance of obtaining food from punching grass in the config files?  

• 3 weeks later...

I think food mod is nice, but there are some unused materials. For example, there is no way to melt chocolate, and there is no food ingredient method used for things like whipped cream or ketchup. They are usable, but only low levels of food recovery. I would appreciate it if you could fix these problems or tell me how to do it. Now I’m enjoying Alpha 20.4.

• 2 weeks later...

I"m trying to figure out if MRE are yours or sous chef of apoc. cause I can't seem to find the bars of chocolate anywhere it's driving me nuts. Are they from your mod or do I need to bug them? cause I need to find more. the chocolate chips I know are yours. too many food mods it's hard to search for the right info XD

17 minutes ago, kanzensilver said:

I"m trying to figure out if MRE are yours or sous chef of apoc.

I don’t believe there’s MREs in Sous Chef of Apoc. I haven’t looked in awhile though.

also: all the “internal” names of the foods of Sous chef should start with “doughs” so I think if you search that in game I’m the recipes/crafting tab it will show them all (like the in game recipe search uses the internal names of the food items as well as possibly the nice localized display name you see in game)

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. 

On 5/13/2022 at 5:30 PM, 인구현 said:

I think food mod is nice, but there are some unused materials. For example, there is no way to melt chocolate, and there is no food ingredient method used for things like whipped cream or ketchup. They are usable, but only low levels of food recovery. I would appreciate it if you could fix these problems or tell me how to do it. Now I’m enjoying Alpha 20.4.

Chocolate - you find it, but it's rare (this is to keep somewhat of a challenge in the game).

On 5/22/2022 at 6:16 PM, doughphunghus said:

I don’t believe there’s MREs in Sous Chef of Apoc. I haven’t looked in awhile though.

also: all the “internal” names of the foods of Sous chef should start with “doughs” so I think if you search that in game I’m the recipes/crafting tab it will show them all (like the in game recipe search uses the internal names of the food items as well as possibly the nice localized display name you see in game)

Everything in my mod has been my own idea. As well, all of my foods, start with "foodFoodName" (of course, replace the "FoodName" with the actual name of the food) in the definition files. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, MissJuggernaut said:

I'm having some issues with your mod. I extracted it directly into my mods folder. It copied/replaced some items, but the mod does not show up in the folder. I also ran my game to see if it was showing up and nothing was updated there either. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong.

UPDATE:

I have it working. As mentioned earlier in the thread, how do I change the foodFoodItem in game? I want to change the definition files but I don't exactly know where they are so I don't break my game.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...