no scouts in A20?

maddogkiller66

so after looking into the .XML files ive noticed even with the mods im using on my server, "scouts" text is nowhere to be seen?

could this be the reason i am not seeing any screamers in my world?

i assume its an issue with A20 itself?

ive got 10 torches going at all times with a camp fire and 2 forges and mining and trees being cut down all in the same chunk and heatmap is hitting 100% but no screamers being spawned and we just past our first 7th day.

Unless im looking in the wrong location for this specific item?

Not sure but I loaded my base up with torches and kept the forge running and started doing everything I could to raise the heat level starting maybe day 22 and finally saw my first screamer maybe day 30. In general my base just doesn't see any hot zombie action except during a blood moon.

We've only had Screamers spawn when using the Auger for a bit or if we are killing big hordes with fully auto guns and shotguns.  We've never had them spawn from torches or any of the crafting apparatuses in A20.  While using the auger or blasting a lot of zombies, we use a mod to increase the wandering hordes to 50 zombies, we usually see at least 3 Screamers at a time spawn in.

Edited by Sjustus548 (see edit history)

me and my group of 5 are based between 2 cities and we have alot of heat being generated and no screamers at all. 

Just now, Sjustus548 said:

We've only had Screamers spawn when using the Auger for a bit or if we are killing big hordes with fully auto guns and shotguns.  We've never had them spawn from torches or any of the crafting apparatuses in A20.  

see thats weird as they should be spawning as soon as the heatmap hits 100% and then recycling back to 1% and rinse repeat. TFP should look into this as it seems it would be an easy fix

4 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

We've only had Screamers spawn when using the Auger for a bit or if we are killing big hordes with fully auto guns and shotguns.  We've never had them spawn from torches or any of the crafting apparatuses in A20.

I already had screamers when I had more than 2 forges running at the same time. Currently I have 6 forges running for my production. Therefore, the screamers appear relatively often.

I have very few screamers in my base compared to A17 (my only point of reference). I'm on day 78 and have multiple forges running. I also noticed that using power tools and machine guns will bring more screamers and faster than used to.  For example, when doing strip mining, I have to stop after a while and leave the mine as screamers start to show up non-stop.

51 minutes ago, maddogkiller66 said:

so after looking into the .XML files ive noticed even with the mods im using on my server, "scouts" text is nowhere to be seen?

could this be the reason i am not seeing any screamers in my world?

i assume its an issue with A20 itself?

ive got 10 torches going at all times with a camp fire and 2 forges and mining and trees being cut down all in the same chunk and heatmap is hitting 100% but no screamers being spawned and we just past our first 7th day.

Unless im looking in the wrong location for this specific item?

They are still in there

<entity_class name="zombieScreamer" extends="zombieTemplateMale">
    <property name="Tags" value="entity,zombie,walker"/>
    <property name="Mesh" value="#Entities/Zombies?Zombies/zombieStandardScreamerRagdoll.prefab"/>

<entityspawner name="Scouts" dynamic="true" wrapMode="wrap">
        <day value="*"><!--* means it is used when no day is specified -->
            <property name="ResetToday" value="true" />
            <property name="EntityGroupName" value="ZombieScouts" />
            <property name="Time" value="Any" />
            <property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="1" />
            <property name="TotalAlive" value="1" />
            <property name="TotalPerWave" value="1" />
        </day>
    </entityspawner>

When I was running a test world for my mod and had to kill a lot of zombies, they kept showing up as I was using various guns.

Also note that sometimes it spawns a horde instead of the screamers.

I have the same problem. Running my own dedicated and ZERO screamers. Also turn on debug mode to see the heatmap ticker and nothing. It won't show up. But i'm not sure if that is the way it is supposed to be on MP.

It has really been bothering me that there aren't any screamers.

If I play single player a few forges and ill get non-stop screamers.

Whats the deal?