A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

21 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

yes, edit the DamageEntity in Action0 and Action1, 0 being melee damage and 1 being ranged damage, for each type of weapon

<property class="Action1">
                <property name="Class" value="Ranged"/>
                <property name="Range" value="10" />

so I would change it to 

<property name="Range" value="5" />

for example?

4 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

<property name="Range" value="10" />

so I would change it to 

<property name="Range" value="5" />

for example?

Depends on exactly what you want to be the result of any change.  There may be better ways to effect that desired change.

On 8/30/2023 at 12:19 AM, bdubyah said:

NPCMod requires SCore. If it isn't working with SCore properly installed then post the log from that. But that error is due to SCore not being there.

And use pastebin or something similar and post the full log, not just a snippet. Will makes finding the issue easier.

https://pastebin.com/FkNJ9zvh

Here's the full log... You think I'll need to change something, let me know.

1 hour ago, xyth said:

Depends on exactly what you want to be the result of any change.  There may be better ways to effect that desired change.

Just looking for a change to decrease the damage of the NPC's with guns. Because, especially early game, you basically get mowed down in a second and can't really react since sometimes they come around corners to fast and shoot without even looking at you. 

So think decreasing the damage across the board for all ranged NPC's in half would be a good start. 

I has been following tutorials and all steps to make my own zombie, i spent like 1 week doing it trying to make it works but im stuck and i need help to continue.. Well i saw all tutorials about how to make you own 3d character, in this case i create a zombie character, i followed all steps 1 by 1 being careful to don't make mistakes. Using file A21TutorialProject i made a zombie with all things that needs to works this include (All tags correctly, Ragdoll, colliders, Controller, Avatar etc) And after it using the current mod  0-XNPCCore and 0-SCore to make it works.  Also being sure i configurate the xml files to be able to spawn my zombie. So i create a new world i wrote dm in console and i have searched my zombie, well I found it and i spawned, but for some reason when i spawn him, he looks like Stuck, he doesn't move, he make sounds like a normal zombie, but doesn't make any animations just T pose. if i come near to him he can hit me but but you can't see how he hit the player. Just static. I check the model to see if the problem is the building unity3d, i check the code to see if i did wrong mass, even check collider to see if thats causing the problem. But i couldn't find any solution. Also check console searching some errors and i found one repeating everytime: EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The only thing can do the zombie is rotate on its own axis. Please help me to fix this error i would like make my own zombies and personalize them. 

9 hours ago, Sparkin12 said:

I has been following tutorials and all steps to make my own zombie, i spent like 1 week doing it trying to make it works but im stuck and i need help to continue.. Well i saw all tutorials about how to make you own 3d character, in this case i create a zombie character, i followed all steps 1 by 1 being careful to don't make mistakes. Using file A21TutorialProject i made a zombie with all things that needs to works this include (All tags correctly, Ragdoll, colliders, Controller, Avatar etc) And after it using the current mod  0-XNPCCore and 0-SCore to make it works.  Also being sure i configurate the xml files to be able to spawn my zombie. So i create a new world i wrote dm in console and i have searched my zombie, well I found it and i spawned, but for some reason when i spawn him, he looks like Stuck, he doesn't move, he make sounds like a normal zombie, but doesn't make any animations just T pose. if i come near to him he can hit me but but you can't see how he hit the player. Just static. I check the model to see if the problem is the building unity3d, i check the code to see if i did wrong mass, even check collider to see if thats causing the problem. But i couldn't find any solution. Also check console searching some errors and i found one repeating everytime: EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The only thing can do the zombie is rotate on its own axis. Please help me to fix this error i would like make my own zombies and personalize them. 

There are a few reasons this can happen, but the main 2 are the name used when exporting the character or the avatar.  First, make sure the exported name of the character is NOT the same as the original name of the .fbx file.  second, make sure your using the avatar from the the version you got when you used the .fbx export step, and not the avatar in the original .fbx file. 

3 hours ago, xyth said:

There are a few reasons this can happen, but the main 2 are the name used when exporting the character or the avatar.  First, make sure the exported name of the character is NOT the same as the original name of the .fbx file.  second, make sure your using the avatar from the the version you got when you used the .fbx export step, and not the avatar in the original .fbx file. 

Well. i swapped names of prefab, and everything to be sure is not that, and it worked Thanks so much it fix all problems about animation, now i have my own zombie thanks so much!!

(sorry for my english translate) :

Hello I have an error here,
everything is good but in the game when using stone hammer or bare hands I can only hit 1 shot and can't hit the 2nd shot. 
I tried pressing Tab and then exiting, it would work again but it was still the same and if I kept clicking the left mouse button, 
after a while it would hit continuously like that. Is there any way to solve this? Thank you very much.

11 hours ago, saokodcvayka said:

(sorry for my english translate) :

Hello I have an error here,
everything is good but in the game when using stone hammer or bare hands I can only hit 1 shot and can't hit the 2nd shot. 
I tried pressing Tab and then exiting, it would work again but it was still the same and if I kept clicking the left mouse button, 
after a while it would hit continuously like that. Is there any way to solve this? Thank you very much.

I do not think that is an issue with the NPC mod.  Sorry.

Couple of quick questions - I don't see the Vault Dwellers pack listed on page 1, and the 5 hits I got doing a search of the topic didn't pull up a link either.  Soooo...

#1 - Will the earlier Vault Dwellers pack work with the current NPCCore?  I'm using bdubyah's A21 update of The Wasteland, and you know I have to have my Vault Dwellers.

#2 - What about the older Mechs/robots packs as well?

Edited by Evil_Geoff (see edit history)

Pushed 20.1.0.8 -  changes:

- UAI tweaked to help prevent pausing to fire on ranged due to range settings.

- Targeting of bandit class changed to include all EntityAlive classes.

and thanks to Karl (KHZmusik) for adding custom lootgroups for NPCs.

• loot.xml now has custom loot groups for weapons, ammo, and general items like food or medical, and loot containers that use them.
  • entityclasses.xml now has custom loot drop entity classes for the weapon-specific loot containers.
  • Existing NPC Core EntityLootContainerNPC class (which the other loot drop entity classes extend) now uses backpack model rather than zombie pack.
  • NPC templates in entityclasses.xml updated to drop the appropriate loot drop entity class. Harley no longer overrides the templates.

Pushed 20.1.0.10  -  changes:

Fixed weapon swapping by adding a new xml property `<property name="CompatibleWeapon" value="gunHandgunT1Pistol" />`   where each NPC weapon needs this property to better link to the player weapon version.

Replaced minibike with a Mannequin model for placing NPCs after pickup.  Note that sometimes it can take 5-10 seconds for the NPC to fully initialize after placement, so the holdtype for the weapon might remain in idle until then.  

Requires the latest version of SCore, otherwise the hand placement on replacing an NPC might be off position.  

So I am getting some fun errors when I added the Mods to my 7days2die and i cant even get into a world. And this is what im getting

INF [MODS] Start loading from: 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Modded/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods'
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '0-XNPCCore'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-XNPCCore (21.1.0.10)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-DarksRaiderz'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-DarksRaiderz (21.0.1.7)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-DarksSoldierz'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-DarksSoldierz (21.0.1.8)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-DarksZombiez'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-DarksZombiez (21.0.1.5)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-NPCXSpiderPack'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-NPCXSpiderPack (21.0.0.0)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore'
 WRN [MODS] Folder SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore does not contain a ModInfo.xml, ignoring
 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from folder: 'SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore'
 INF [MODS] Initializing mod code
 INF [MODS] Loading done
 INF Pack 2842 us
 INF Pack 42018 us
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 0-XNPCCore
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 1-DarksRaiderz
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 1-DarksSoldierz
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 1-DarksZombiez

Let me know what I did wrong as this is my first time modding 7d2d:(

53 minutes ago, noteventrying88 said:

So I am getting some fun errors when I added the Mods to my 7days2die and i cant even get into a world. And this is what im getting

INF [MODS] Start loading from: 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Modded/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods'
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '0-XNPCCore'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-XNPCCore (21.1.0.10)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-DarksRaiderz'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-DarksRaiderz (21.0.1.7)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-DarksSoldierz'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-DarksSoldierz (21.0.1.8)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-DarksZombiez'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-DarksZombiez (21.0.1.5)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: '1-NPCXSpiderPack'
 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-NPCXSpiderPack (21.0.0.0)
 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore'
 WRN [MODS] Folder SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore does not contain a ModInfo.xml, ignoring
 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from folder: 'SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore'
 INF [MODS] Initializing mod code
 INF [MODS] Loading done
 INF Pack 2842 us
 INF Pack 42018 us
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 0-XNPCCore
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 1-DarksRaiderz
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 1-DarksSoldierz
 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: 1-DarksZombiez

Let me know what I did wrong as this is my first time modding 7d2d:(

So i think i fix this issue and Modinfo.xml error did not come up but now im getting this error XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod "0-XNPCCore" did not apply

51 minutes ago, noteventrying88 said:

So i think i fix this issue and Modinfo.xml error did not come up but now im getting this error XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod "0-XNPCCore" did not apply

SCore isn't loading. Looks like you likely didn't remove it from the root folder it comes in. The one you install into your Mods folder should be 0-SCore.

30 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

SCore isn't loading. Looks like you likely didn't remove it from the root folder it comes in. The one you install into your Mods folder should be 0-SCore.

Alright thanks for the help, I got it to not have that error, But now i am getting ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'PEP_Army_03_Zyncosa' does not exist! for alot of Prefabs, but I was able to load in this time and wake up.

Hello.
For personal reasons I would like to increase the distance to which a follower can teleport.

In UAITaskFollowSDX.cs in 0-SCore.
I changed the value of [private int _maxDistance = 25;] from 25 to 200, but the teleportation takes place when the follower is 20 meters away, as before the change.

I would appreciate your advice if you could help me.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:37 PM, mackerel pike said:

Hello.
For personal reasons I would like to increase the distance to which a follower can teleport.

In UAITaskFollowSDX.cs in 0-SCore.
I changed the value of [private int _maxDistance = 25;] from 25 to 200, but the teleportation takes place when the follower is 20 meters away, as before the change.

I would appreciate your advice if you could help me.

What exactly do you want when you say `For personal reasons I would like to increase the distance to which a follower can teleport.`    When they are ordered to follow?  NPCs teleport as a max distance from player, and this is set and changed in UAI if the max distance property is a valid parameter.   So you might be able to sort this in xml.  

stop_distance, max_distance, and teleportTime are three options on the follow task  `<task class="FollowSDX, SCore" OnStartAddBuffs="NPCpegasus" OnStopRemoveBuffs="NPCpegasus"/>`  So maybe add max_distance=200 to those task lines on all the follow tasks.  

Edited by xyth (see edit history)