A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

a small tip for those who is suffering from the npc ridiculous spawning , take bicyclewith you and put it on belt , when your npc(s) is(are) lost , ride on the bicycle and off , all of them will spawn at you immediately . why bicycle ? because it's temproraily the smallest vehicle in game . can be deployed in a small room when thing get critical .

Hello again, CajunBeauty.

Preppocalypse will load up the NPC Mod without any errors or warnings. In fact, Preppocalypse has its very own NPC helpers in the form of 'friendly zombies' with weapons just as with the hostile types added. Naturally, all of the other NPC Mod Add On Packs are all very welcome to fill up the environment, and add that extra sophistication.

This Add On Pack hasn't been added to the listings above, and possibly because it is not deemed an appropriate entry for the overall goals of custom made content.

Preppocalypse type NPC helpers can be download here though:

https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod

And this particular one is the https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod/blob/main/1-SummonFriendZ.zip

spacer.png

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

I'm sharing this on behalf of the EndZ overhaul development team because they have just released their updated version of EndZ V1.9 (which also includes the following but done in the way that EndZ does it) and are assisting players with that.

Here is an Add On Mod for the NPC Mod by the EndZ team. May Red and Thee Legion kindly released it as an NPC Mod, and it will certainly be given a compatibility mod from the Wild West Mod team as the pairing is appropriate.

1-EndZ-WesternEntityPack
https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/addons/endz-western-entity-pack

Here is a little information about how the Add On Pack functions.

There are 10 NPCs. They can only be found around Old West type POIs that are tagged to the Old West tiling system. However, there are some exceptions. The Bear Mining POI also appears in the rural tiling system and they have a good chance to appear there as well. Either way, they will be in the Old West or out of town.
spacer.png

For each of the 10 Helper NPCs comes a zombified version. These will only appear in Old West POIs or POIs that accept Ghost Town type zombies. There will be a few of those in non Old West areas. These zombies will also appear during Horde Night. At the moment, they are only the Grunt type and will make fewer appearances as GS increases.

spacer.png

The EndZ team also added in Sheriff Drifter as a bonus. ^^
spacer.png

Thank you to Thee Legion and May Red for sharing this 'gift' for the NPC Mod in both the EndZ overhaul and as a stand alone Add On Pack.

On 12/23/2023 at 1:29 AM, khzmusik said:

Hopefully it is not inappropriate to post it here.

Its encouraged.  Send more 🙂

Links to the above should all be added to the first page.  Let me know of any needed edits, additions.  Thanks guys.

Here's an Australian Entity Pack for the NPC Mod from the EndZ team. May Red took the lead on this, and the NPC Mod team send many regards for providing this to the community. Thee Legion hooked them up for their entityclasses, and I simply ensured they were compliant for the NPC Mod and spawning locations.

Here is a direct download link.
https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod/blob/main/1-EndZ-AustralianEntityPack.zip

or you can visit the main area directly to manually download here.
https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod

Here is what the pack contains:
Hostile Kangaroo
Hostile Cassowary Bird (the big colorful one)
Hostile Tasmanian Devil (this is extinct from 'mainland' Australia but remains extant in Tasmania. However, it was released back into mainland Australia in 2020 as part of a re-population effort)
Hostile Koala (Don't be trying to cuddle this one)
Hostile Frill-Neck Lizard (Small and fast)
Hostile Platypus (They can come onto land to aggro players)
Hostile Maypie (Pretty territorial)

All of these animals appear in the desert/outback.

The Magpie will also appear in the Pine Forest in the Day and Night, Snow in the day, and Burnt Forest in the day for Worlds that use it.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xyaUfB1.png[/img]spacer.png

This was requested by SpecBytes.
https://www.youtube.com/@specbytes

And kindly brought to reality by the EndZ dev team.

Hi there. I'm still running A20.7.  just have a quick question. I just found yesterday a white wolf/fox friendly NPC named Sally (which I hired too as a helper). I don't recall seeing Sally in the npc mod list. Is Sally from A21? Or was she in the list the whole time, and maybe I never paid attention to the name?

Waiting on anyone's answer.

5 hours ago, ghostsniper said:

Hi there. I'm still running A20.7.  just have a quick question. I just found yesterday a white wolf/fox friendly NPC named Sally (which I hired too as a helper). I don't recall seeing Sally in the npc mod list. Is Sally from A21? Or was she in the list the whole time, and maybe I never paid attention to the name?

Waiting on anyone's answer.

The white fox NPC has been around a while.  It is the template NPC animal.  

8 hours ago, Llama King said:

Is there anyway to edit the health for the npc followers, i had a look through the files but couldnt find anything.  Thanks.

That is set in the NPCCOres entityclasses.xml.  The entry: `<entity_class name="npcMeleeTemplate"> ` is the default settings for all NPCs unless those defaults are overridden on specific characters.  `<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="300"/>` is the default hitpoints.

5 hours ago, xyth said:

That is set in the NPCCOres entityclasses.xml.  The entry: `<entity_class name="npcMeleeTemplate"> ` is the default settings for all NPCs unless those defaults are overridden on specific characters.  `<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="300"/>` is the default hitpoints.

Ok, thanks!

On 1/8/2024 at 9:08 PM, xyth said:

Nice one thanks.  What was throwing me is the value you put in isnt what reads in game.  For example if the npc health is set to 300 in game it shows up as 225.  Thanks for the help there!

4 hours ago, Llama King said:

Nice one thanks.  What was throwing me is the value you put in isnt what reads in game.  For example if the npc health is set to 300 in game it shows up as 225.  Thanks for the help there!

300 is the base setting.  Then it is modified later by properties.  If its a bandit, the health is lowered, as is the damage the bandit does to the player.

9 hours ago, DrunkZombie said:

Is there a reason most of the npcs are named "King Moneybags" when you look at them?  It does show their name in their inventory menu. It wasn't like that in old versions.

In previous versions of SCore, there was a bug so that the character names in the "Names" property wouldn't show. Instead you would always get their entry in Localization.txt for the entity class. So you would see things like "Raider" for raiders, "Black Ops" for all the cleaners, or "Betty" for all the raider girls with the "betty" character model.

But that was never the desired behavior. NPCs were always supposed to have a comma-separated list of names in their "Names" property, and SCore was supposed to randomly choose one. (This is also how it worked in A20 and previous alphas.)

It seems that Darkstar Dragon just put "King Moneybags" in the "Names" property of most of his entities. If you want the old behavior, remove that "Names" property in entityclasses.xml, and it should go back to using the localization of the entity class name.

Or, you could also put in your own names. (For example, Guns Nerds and Steel puts in the names of his supporters.) Whatever you prefer.

5 hours ago, khzmusik said:

In previous versions of SCore, there was a bug so that the character names in the "Names" property wouldn't show. Instead you would always get their entry in Localization.txt for the entity class. So you would see things like "Raider" for raiders, "Black Ops" for all the cleaners, or "Betty" for all the raider girls with the "betty" character model.

But that was never the desired behavior. NPCs were always supposed to have a comma-separated list of names in their "Names" property, and SCore was supposed to randomly choose one. (This is also how it worked in A20 and previous alphas.)

It seems that Darkstar Dragon just put "King Moneybags" in the "Names" property of most of his entities. If you want the old behavior, remove that "Names" property in entityclasses.xml, and it should go back to using the localization of the entity class name.

Or, you could also put in your own names. (For example, Guns Nerds and Steel puts in the names of his supporters.) Whatever you prefer.

Thanks for the explanation and information on a fix.  It was very helpful.

Question, 

I loaded the NPC mod witch is awesome by the way, (Thanks for all the hard work) I also play Rebirth.  Why do the NPC in rebirth respond differently. Meaning when using this mod with vanilla the NPC rarely fire. The rate of fire is much higher in the rebirth mod. Did I possibly install something wrong?

the npc mod keeps crashing game , i even tried it with taking out all my other mods out of the mod folder . i cant get past initalizing game at loading screen. i have the other core with it too . what else do i have to do to get it to work?

On 1/14/2024 at 7:37 PM, ssjgoat said:

the npc mod keeps crashing game , i even tried it with taking out all my other mods out of the mod folder . i cant get past initalizing game at loading screen. i have the other core with it too . what else do i have to do to get it to work?

Just to make sure, are you running the game with EAC off? You need to do that for any mods that have C# changes, and SCore is mostly C# changes.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:31 PM, Deacon of Undead said:

Question, 

I loaded the NPC mod witch is awesome by the way, (Thanks for all the hard work) I also play Rebirth.  Why do the NPC in rebirth respond differently. Meaning when using this mod with vanilla the NPC rarely fire. The rate of fire is much higher in the rebirth mod. Did I possibly install something wrong?

I'm not familiar with Rebirths changes to the NPCCore, so no idea if its intended or not.   The NPCs in the core fire often enough that folks complain about getting killed by bandits all the time so balancing damage output on them isn't 1 setting fits all.