Senior Citizen

FarmerLee73

This is no doubt going to sound daft but in the gaming world I would imagine I must fall into the senior citizen category at the grand old age of 49. Please note I said gaming world not real world! 

Is there a group that consists of players over 30 or thereabouts? I would be interested in joining is there is one, if there isn't such a group would there be any interest for one? I do have a pingperfect server is anyone would be interested.....

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

In that 30+ range, closer to 40 here. You know, it's good to know there are even older players than me, at least I don't have to feel guilty, asking myself the question "What am I doing with my life?", reminding myself "It's just a hobby, I could stop any time". :D

Won't say by how much but am older than any ages mentioned here yet :) . I also have read posts where players have said they were in their 70's. I don't think of it as a waste of time myself. I think it helps keep your mind young and keeps the old fingers from cramping up lol. No matter what your age I think you can get some enjoyment out of playing games.

EDIT: mr.d, I noticed after that my quoting your post and mentioning that I don't think games are a waste of time made it look like I was saying you said it was. That is not the case. I was thinking I agreed with you. Just wanted to get this out there as I know sometimes my posts don't explain themselves very well and may get misread. Plus I too could stop at any time...just not right now, it's almost horde night. :)

Edited by Gamida
Clarification... (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Won't say by how much but am older than any ages mentioned here yet :) . I also have read posts where players have said they were in their 70's. I don't think of it as a waste of time myself. I think it helps keep your mind young and keeps the old fingers from cramping up lol. No matter what your age I think you can get some enjoyment out of playing games.

EDIT: mr.d, I noticed after that my quoting your post and mentioning that I don't think games are a waste of time made it look like I was saying you said it was. That is not the case. I was thinking I agreed with you. Just wanted to get this out there as I know sometimes my posts don't explain themselves very well and may get misread. Plus I too could stop at any time...just not right now, it's almost horde night. :)

It's ok, my post was really about how playing games is wasting time, there's no point trying to deny that that was really what I meant by it, because that was the whole point of it. :D It kinda feels that way sometimes, but then again it still provides some relax too. :)

yes, no doubt there are things I probably could be doing that are more productive but all work and no play would put me in "The Shining" zone. We all have to indulge a little now and then for our sanity. That is until a bug makes us fall through earth or sends our vehicle kms away (which I just read faatal thinks he may have fixed). I say waste some time now and then. We need it. 👍

27 minutes ago, Gamida said:

yes, no doubt there are things I probably could be doing that are more productive but all work and no play would put me in "The Shining" zone. We all have to indulge a little now and then for our sanity. That is until a bug makes us fall through earth or sends our vehicle kms away (which I just read faatal thinks he may have fixed). I say waste some time now and then. We need it. 👍

Yeah, that bug will be hopefully fixed in the next experimental version of the game. I just hope it will work for all entities and objects in the game, because one thing is players and other entities falling through the ground, another thing is objects such as quest activation signs not being there which also may have something to do with the same problem, but that's just my theory.