7 Days To Die Forum - performance is terrible

ckuebler

10 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I can confirm, performance is 💩 I started to think it's a conspiracy against me. Thanks for your feedback guys, now I see I was just paranoid again. Unless... 🤔

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:43 AM, Krougal said:

Yeah at least that long, probably longer. I forget when it stopped being a decent product. Do yourself a favor, get rid of that garbage.

Most of those tuner/cleanup programs are malware.

After some digging I found out that a lot of this is parroting a half truth. I did dump it though, but honestly it seems like it's still likely fine. Without knowing how to dig into the code I can't say if it's trying to "phone home" at all or what else it could be monitoring, but it seems like the real story was that it was hit by a bit if chicanery back when it changed hands back in 2017. It came with a nice compliment of bugs like a keylogger, a trojan and even stole your bank data (which I assume is really just the keylogger). This only effected the 32 bit version of the program and was subsequently snuffed in a quick update. To my understanding it's still fine for 64 bit and always has been. 

Dunno, not a super cool hacker so I can't say. But all in all it seems safe and the legend is riding on the coat tails of a lot of misunderstanding. 

Edited by Lenny Lettuce Lips
Double post (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

After some digging I found out that a lot of this is parroting a half truth. I did dump it though, but honestly it seems like it's still likely fine. Without knowing how to dig into the code I can't say if it's trying to "phone home" at all or what else it could be monitoring, but it seems like the real story was that it was hit by a bit if chicanery back when it changed hands back in 2017. It came with a nice compliment of bugs like a keylogger, a trojan and even stole your bank data (which I assume is really just the keylogger). This only effected the 32 bit version of the program and was subsequently snuffed in a quick update. To my understanding it's still fine for 64 bit and always has been. 

Dunno, not a super cool hacker so I can't say. But all in all it seems safe and the legend is riding on the coat tails of a lot of misunderstanding. 

I haven't gone back to check on what they've done lately, and I wouldn't give them another chance anyway, fool me once...

Good on you for doing your due diligence and making your own choice.