Drone doesn't attack mutants

DominionZA

I put down a robotic drone and she doesn't seem to do anything at all, even when I engage zombies she doesn't attack. I read that she can also help you in combat, but it doesn't seem to do that. What's her purpose other than a mule to carry my stuff? I'll probably have no reason to take her with me as it seems she'll only get in my way when I shoot guns or walk through tight, closed in areas. And she'll most likely get destroyed in the process aswell.

Edited by DominionZA (see edit history)

Yeah, it seems the only help for fights is if you have the stamina boost mod. But i have to say that the storage is really nice. 18 additional slots (27 if modded) to carry does help a lot. I can carry all the stuff with me that i usually have in my vehicle, like honey, food, drinks, vitamins, candy. Tbh, if you don´t take advantage of the additional storage, you leave too many things behind. 😛 The healing ability is also very nice.

Sometimes it is in my way, but not often enough to abandon it. Never seen the drone take damage so far. The zombies seem to ignore it.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

7 hours ago, DominionZA said:

I put down a robotic drone and she doesn't seem to do anything at all, even when I engage zombies she doesn't attack. I read that she can also help you in combat, but it doesn't seem to do that. What's her purpose other than a mule to carry my stuff? I'll probably have no reason to take her with me as it seems she'll only get in my way when I shoot guns or walk through tight, closed in areas. And she'll most likely get destroyed in the process aswell.

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yeah, it seems the only help for fights is if you have the stamina boost mod. But i have to say that the storage is really nice. 18 additional slots (27 if modded) to carry does help a lot. I can carry all the stuff with me that i usually have in my vehicle, like honey, food, drinks, vitamins, candy. Tbh, if you don´t take advantage of the additional storage, you leave too many things behind. 😛 The healing ability is also very nice.

Sometimes it is in my way, but not often enough to abandon it. Never seen the drone take damage so far. The zombies seem to ignore it.

The drone helps you by carrying stuff and HEALING you if you placed in the appropriate healing items in her inventory.   There is no "attack" mode, that was an initial concept discussed a year ago but was taken off the table 4+ months ago and discussed in detail by the devs on the dev streams and I assume in the dev diary thread.

I have the junk or sledge turrets, that I carry around, to help me with the fight. I only have the light and additional storage mods on mine so far, still the drone is a great help. The light mod currently doesn't affect your stealth, like your headlamp does. The carry capacity is the biggest benefit to me, and well as an early warning device. Which is especially helpful while mining, looting or lost in your menu system :)  

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

It can carry a pistol or three, using them however is an entirely different thing.

Don't think the drone would handle a pistol if you compare it's size to a gun, it's pretty tiny and lightweight. Maybe it should have some sort of it's own melee weapon or a little gun to shot with. Ammo should be robotic turret ammo

Also weaponry aside, a suggestion for the drone would be to comment on things based on what's going on at the moment around the player

Start randomly singing to uplift the mood of the player, being sarcastic, tell jokes or something like that to add life to being lonely in a wasteland.

Edited by DominionZA (see edit history)

22 hours ago, DominionZA said:

Don't think the drone would handle a pistol if you compare it's size to a gun, it's pretty tiny and lightweight. Maybe it should have some sort of it's own melee weapon or a little gun to shot with.

The size and weight is not at all what I was referring to. Hence the carrying vs using language that I used. Using involves targeting, deciding friend or foe etc. Does that help you understand the difference better?

ill be honest, unless they add some special coding such as various "stances" used for RPG NPC's, I don't WANT the damned thing just shooting random things(like zombie bears for example) unless I AM READY for them to start shooting things.... I have no idea, but that might be one of the reasons why the combat options were removed(in the short run??????)     

I can't tell you how many times one of my NPC's annoyed the @%$# out of me by taking on a fight I did not want at that moment.     Think about trying to stealth into a place and your drone just charges in like a bull in a china shop waking stuff up.

Edited by JoeDaFrogman (see edit history)

2 hours ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

ill be honest, unless they add some special coding such as various "stances" used for RPG NPC's, I don't WANT the damned thing just shooting random things(like zombie bears for example) unless I AM READY for them to start shooting things.... I have no idea, but that might be one of the reasons why the combat options were removed(in the short run??????)     

I can't tell you how many times one of my NPC's annoyed the @%$# out of me by taking on a fight I did not want at that moment.     Think about trying to stealth into a place and your drone just charges in like a bull in a china shop waking stuff up.

Yeah, now that you mention it, careful what you wish for. The thing might start shooting you.