Getting 1-shotted

Krougal

And again. Same place (because I cleared it and then initiated quest in POI) different circumstance.

Whacked door off @%$#ter with a powershot because I expected a zed there, businessman behind it 1 shotted me. What gives???

And of course to add insult to injury it causes the quest to fail for leaving the area. This @%$# needs to be fixed!

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

Well I am running lethal headshots. I thought that was supposed to apply only to weapons so that would mean player.

Would be kinda funny if I am getting headshotted by zeds. I don't recall this happening in A19 or prior. 

Come to think of it, it hadn't happened before installing this modlet either.

3 hours ago, Krougal said:

Well I am running lethal headshots. I thought that was supposed to apply only to weapons so that would mean player.

Would be kinda funny if I am getting headshotted by zeds. I don't recall this happening in A19 or prior. 

Come to think of it, it hadn't happened before installing this modlet either.

Nope. Lethal headshots works both ways. You can headshot insta-kill zeds, and they can headshot insta-kill you.

This is why I don't like using other peoples modlets, they often have unintended side effects.

It's still worth it, just need to keep my head haha.

I imagine if I add in a specific set xpath for the zeds after the generic line it would take care of that.

Or find a less generic filter. This is the actual code:

<append xpath="/items/item/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='EntityDamage'][1]/../.">
		<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="150" tags="head"/>
	</append>

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Krougal said:

This is why I don't like using other peoples modlets, they often have unintended side effects.

It's still worth it, just need to keep my head haha.

I imagine if I add in a specific set xpath for the zeds after the generic line it would take care of that.

Or find a less generic filter. This is the actual code:

<append xpath="/items/item/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='EntityDamage'][1]/../.">
		<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="150" tags="head"/>
	</append>

yeah, this is why I go into my configDump folder and look to see what my code is actually doing to the file.  That was how I found out one of my lines of code was modifying power attacks when I didn't want it to.

29 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

yeah, this is why I go into my configDump folder and look to see what my code is actually doing to the file.  That was how I found out one of my lines of code was modifying power attacks when I didn't want it to.

Ahhhhhhhh! I didn't even know that was a thing, I found it though. Thanks for the tip. 

My favorite Notepad++ plugin, compare and life is easy.