Iron bars vs Frame bars

Qinda

2 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Frame-Wood-Cement.  5000hp.

Iron-Steel. 

This is incorrect unless it changed in one of the builds. In the initial builds, Cement bars upgraded to Steel. I haven't gotten to steel in my second playthrough to know whether this changed in the more recent builds. It would also be weird if bars were treated different than every other frame shape.

1 hour ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

This is incorrect unless it changed in one of the builds. In the initial builds, Cement bars upgraded to Steel. I haven't gotten to steel in my second playthrough to know whether this changed in the more recent builds. It would also be weird if bars were treated different than every other frame shape.

It still upgrades from concrete -> steel.

The iron bars (2500hp) would go to steel though.

oh, and it's wood-cobblestone-cement-steel.  Yes, I missed added steel (or explaining why I stopped at cement)

my bad.

I'd always done wood - iron for bars, as it was easier to remove a misplaced wood bar, than iron.

Upgrade to iron afterwards. (and that's as far as it could go)

Now, at cement, it's twice as strong, and cement is cheap for repairs.

Dunno if I'll need to go to steel, as I just use'em for catwalks.

It really depends on where you are at.  I didn't have a forge for my first Day 7 horde so I made mine out of wood bars and upgraded to cobblestone by Day 14.  I personally prefer the progression from wood as I can upgrade them over time as I need to; plus having concrete between iron and steel is a nice option to have when I just need them to be a bit stronger than iron bars, but not wanting to invest in the forged steel yet.