Does The Shamway Secret Recipe Still Exist in A20?

Paiper Zombee

We have been searching for this in game, but our random gen didn't generate a Shamway Factory. I loaded up a single player Navezgane Map just to make sure Shamway Factories still existed. Found that they do, but found that the safe the recipe used to be in no longer has a safe. When I did find the safe, it had an armor schematic in it. Just wanted to check and see if this was still the way to get this recipe in A20 or is it now found at random out in the world?

Easy way to find out. Start a game with cheat mode activated, press U and search for the recipe.

Do you actually craft Sham? For me it needs way too much ressources for something that i can find and buy everywhere. Including acid i think. Wich is super rare in A20. We don´t even have enough for chemstations and vehicles in our MP. Had to buy wheels and chemstations.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Easy way to find out. Start a game with cheat mode activated, press U and search for the recipe.

Do you actually craft Sham? For me it needs way too much ressources for something that i can find and buy everywhere. Including acid i think. Wich is super rare in A20. We don´t even have enough for chemstations and vehicles in our MP. Had to buy wheels and chemstations.

So far,  for My little Random World,  acid is"fairly rare"  took 2 days of specifically hunting it down to actually come up with some,  and that was with 3 players scouring the land.  needed the acid for wheels, and chemstation.  Also beakers are very rare for us.  Actually had two drop in a air supply crate, after hunting for some for five days.

Didn't it used to make 5-10 cans of sham for a single acid?  Sure acid is rare, but its also not used super regularly by me or my friends, so I did indeed used to craft sham so I could bulk up on plenty of Sham Chowders - which becomes one of the easiest top level recipes to make once you get the recipe for sham....Its a heck of a lot easier to find ONE acid than it is to find 5 each of beef cans and peas cans

11 minutes ago, Limdood said:

Didn't it used to make 5-10 cans of sham for a single acid?  Sure acid is rare, but its also not used super regularly by me or my friends, so I did indeed used to craft sham so I could bulk up on plenty of Sham Chowders - which becomes one of the easiest top level recipes to make once you get the recipe for sham....Its a heck of a lot easier to find ONE acid than it is to find 5 each of beef cans and peas cans

One of our intrepid group found the recipe in a restaurant site POI,  but for Us,  usually spaghetti and gumbo is the popular "end game meal"

17 minutes ago, Limdood said:

I never crafted sham and i usually had tons of sham cans purely from looting, did a shamway factory on the last day of A19 and came back with 20 sham cans. It´s a bit different in A20 though.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)