A20 - Bugged traders only giving out buried supplies quests

FSM

Server hosted on PingPerfect.

It is modded.

I have completed the first 3 tiers pf quests and started out fine getting fetches and clears etc, then I noticed I started getting only buried supplies quests. All three tiers are just buried supplies. I also noticed that after multiple tries to do a "givequest test_fetch" I cannot start them as it comes up with a bedroll error every time. I don't know if it's related but traders don't seem to be protected either. I don't want to post a complete server log as I am not the server owner, I can post snippets if I need to.

Thanks.

A have spent today trying to fix my friends server, but this is clear to me that it's not a mod issue as I have removed the mod above and reset the world twice now. Still only getting buried supplies missions. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 hour ago, FSM said:

A have spent today trying to fix my friends server, but this is clear to me that it's not a mod issue as I have removed the mod above and reset the world twice now. Still only getting buried supplies missions. Does anyone have any ideas?

20 minutes ago, FSM said:

Tried again, new map new seed and still happening. I'm out of ideas.

Have you tried..
1) Uninstalling 7D
2) Deleted all folders/files left behind from previous install in *Steam\steamapps\common,

3) Deleted all save files in *\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

4) Reinstalled the game and setup a server

Edited by Sal (see edit history)

you will only get guesses until you provide LINKS to server output logs and client output logs. more info the better.

last bit of bad news.. if you didnt do it yet... deleting the game folder and sub folders will not clear the registry for 7 days to die. you have to be aggressive with finding errors/issues, if you treat them as they are harmless.. those just might be the ones that are nipping at your heel.

links everywhere in forum that point to how to make a report and what is needed to help try to solve the issue. red/blue color banners at the top.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Okay, I don’t see any issues with your log at all. The server log…..lots of chunk errors. Unfortunately, it does not record the process of requesting a quest but I did see at some point you reset the quests, I’m assuming to try and get another quest to show up. I have to assume it is one of the mods having done this….there are 8 mods loaded. The only way to fix this is a tedious task. You need to wipe the server and start over a vanilla game, using the same seed name. Go in that game and verify that you are getting all the quests. Then you install one mod at a time, verifying after each install that the quests are okay. Eventually you should find the offending mod. Your current seed is corrupted and the 2 things that cause this are directly and indirectly caused by mods. Mods or combo of certain mods can make changes to the game to corrupt the seed or mods create issues that cause the server to crash thereby corrupting the seed. If you’re lucky, it was a server crash and reinstalling all fresh files will fix things for you. Good luck!

Thanks for your answer, I will get on that and I'll see what happens.

EDIT: We have determined that is indeed the mods causing problems as when just vanilla the quests are fine. Thank you guys for your help as we are just going to run no mods for now as its just one headache after the other.

Edited by FSM (see edit history)

Pingperfect was one of the server providers that recently discovered that they were including A19 files in their A20 servers. If you’re having any issues with rwg maps, to wipe your server and install a new A20 as they have fixed things on their end. If you aren’t comfortable doing that, submit a ticket to Pingperfect and ask them to do it. They are aware of the problem.

Edit: changed A10 to A19….mistake

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

Pingperfect was one of the server providers that recently discovered that they were including A19 files in their A20 servers. If you’re having any issues with rwg maps, to wipe your server and install a new A20 as they have fixed things on their end. If you aren’t comfortable doing that, submit a ticket to Pingperfect and ask them to do it. They are aware of the problem.

Edit: changed A10 to A19….mistake

its a pregen map that comes with the base game. the 8k one. 

17 hours ago, cancelmyfuneral said:

its a pregen map that comes with the base game. the 8k one. 

Yes, but remember the server is running the game. If the server has bad files, you’re going to have problems too. Now if you tell us that you are playing the same map on single player and are seeing this problem then that’s different. From the info you have given us, you have the problem on a multiplayer server game. Play it on single player and let us know how it works.

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 8:47 PM, FSM said:

Server hosted on PingPerfect.

It is modded.

I have completed the first 3 tiers pf quests and started out fine getting fetches and clears etc, then I noticed I started getting only buried supplies quests. All three tiers are just buried supplies. I also noticed that after multiple tries to do a "givequest test_fetch" I cannot start them as it comes up with a bedroll error every time. I don't know if it's related but traders don't seem to be protected either. I don't want to post a complete server log as I am not the server owner, I can post snippets if I need to.

Thanks.

I'm currently having this issue on a completely unmodded solo world. The log seemed to suggest the POI files couldn't be found, but I don't know how to fix that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but that didn't work. My other solo world works fine, and the issue only started after I tried to open "Level/Prefab Editor" in-game, got impatient, and Alt+F4 before it actually loaded in. All POIs worked prior to this, and I was up to T4 quests. I'm now locked at T1-3 Buried Supplies only. Any help would be appreciated.

Use the Windows Explorer (if on Windows) to delete <game directory>\Data\Prefab, let steam verify (this will reload the prefab dir). Then try again

If this doesn't help, post the logfile of a session where the errors show up (use pastebin for that). More information is in one of the pinned threads in this forum section

And next time you want to post an issue please start a new thread. Similar effects don't mean it is the same cause

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)