Acid scarcity in alpha 20

Firecat

A bunch of pipe weapons plus an end game shottie doesn't seem to go together is why i assumed you spawned it in in an attempt to deal with the neverending spawns that happen in the wasteland at night. I missed where you said you went BACK with t3 weapons including the auto shotgun. I personally couldn't do a restore power quest in the wastelands at night even with the best gear/perks/books on the lowest difficulty. I don't have the twitch reflexes necessary.

As for you saying i projected on you, you did the same lol. I don't cheat stuff in either because i immerse myself in the world and play for fun. I like finding and crafting my own stuff and the creative menu ruins the game for me.

Instant nighttime wasteland respawns were added at the start of a19, so have been in the game for a year and a half.

I was not judging you. I was simply telling you that what you were trying to do was impossible for most players and was not something to expect to be able to do. It is something that could possibly be done by some (not many) people after they have all modded highest tier gear in almost every slot, along with relevant perks and completed book sets. It is also something that could possibly be done by those "top 1%" players before that.

I guess the difference is that i think having super difficult things in the game that most people won't ever be able to do is a fine thing. It gives the top 1% something to do, and those that want to attempt it something to strive for. I have no interest in removing things other people will find fun and challenging just because those things don't appeal to me.

The fact you couldn't do it is not a problem. I doubt the best 7dtd player in the world could complete a restore power quest solo in the wastelands at night with primitive gear. However, this game is lacking in challenging end game content and the fact you are raging that it is even there is the problem.

Uhhh.....wow...someone is very defensive tonight.

Anyway, I coulda swore I mentioned it, but maybe it is in another post.

You don't have to actually do the night missions at night anymore than you have to do a normal mission during the day.

It's just flavor text right now, although it could be subject to change.

Honestly, it's a pretty stupid choice for a mission to have to do at night, because yeah right turning the generators on at night and having the lights come on suddenly is going to draw less attention than doing it during the day. Hopefully it is just a placeholder for better things to come.

3 hours ago, Deceptive Pastry said:

Day 25 standard loot settings. I've found a total of 7 acid the entire game. Saw it in the trader maybe once or twice but I didn't buy it. I check every sink and janitor cart I see. Bad RNG I guess but yea, if you don't find that acid book you're pretty screwed. Forget making cans of sham.

IMO, any game that relies heavily on RNG, should include some form of bad luck protection.

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up on day 30 in our standard loot game with 4 of us playing.  We've managed to collect 7 acid with one of us having the wasteland book for the better part of that.  Drop rate is way to low.  We've found it's easier to find wheels/bikes as loot/rewards than it is to find the acid needed to make them.  This is ridiculous.