JaxTeller718 Presents The Vanilla Project (A20)

JaxTeller718

Same.

Yesterday i had 3 quests with only the decission between "new" and "new" - both with description "new".

A little more description would be nice ;).

Beside this, I had 3 PIOs yesterday, that turned from nice to totaly broken as I killed the last zombie.

Once the quest turned to finished, all doors, some wall blocks, decoration and so on simply dissapeared.

Shortly after, I fell tru the ground and the game closed without any LOG.

So, I am not sure, if the game somehow was already broken or if there is a bug in the Mod.

that "new" bug is probably just incomplete localization.

I like the concept of this modpack.  A few things to consider:

• what meat do wolves, snakes, mountain lions, etc. drop if bear meat, venison, etc. are back?
  • bring back gore blocks?  I know TFP removed them due to performance issues but maybe the corpses can downgrade to a gore block after time and then completely disappear after some set time. 
  • I believe TFP retired challenge notes in A20.  Perhaps this modpack can bring them back. 
  • bring back the giant hornet and its jar of honey goodness

1 hour ago, braniel said:

hello i just passed my first blood moon and was super easy but thanks that the zombies was walking all time, even if i put the nightmare option for run in the night in the middle of the horde, i think they run in the normal night.

I have the same problem! I wish they would just run when their supposed too. 😢

2 minutes ago, braniel said:

Yes, I had to choose insane and kill outside my base with an axe and pistol, I wonder will it always be like this (with this mod)

I don't think the zombies walking at night and during bloodmoons is intentional. This is what he said in regards to it. "I havent changed anything in regards to blood moon before the last wave so thats vanilla." I didn't say anything about it happening with zombies at night as well so that's my bad. But this problem makes horde night really easy and overall night time.  Hopefully it'll be fixed. 

1 hour ago, braniel said:

I found this line in the link of the "modinfo" xml in the folder of the mod, Maybe it's still in the base code, I'm speaking with all the ignorance in the world

Captura2.PNG

That is a separate mod, the mod info is just one that i reused instead of creating a new link on it.

Walk only is definitely not intended and i will look into it when the holidays settle down more.

2 hours ago, omegarte said:

that "new" bug is probably just incomplete localization.

I like the concept of this modpack.  A few things to consider:

• what meat do wolves, snakes, mountain lions, etc. drop if bear meat, venison, etc. are back?
  • bring back gore blocks?  I know TFP removed them due to performance issues but maybe the corpses can downgrade to a gore block after time and then completely disappear after some set time. 
  • I believe TFP retired challenge notes in A20.  Perhaps this modpack can bring them back. 
  • bring back the giant hornet and its jar of honey goodness

I like these ideas. right now the other animals use only the venison or pork if i recall since pre 17 we didnt have those animals. I will create meat for them.

Im going to see what i can do about gore blocks :)

we can use khaines hornet modlet. im sure he will be ok with that.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:27 PM, LastTugBoat243 said:

Nostalgic 7 days to die themes

Alpha 14 to 17 - 

Alpha 1 to 13 - 

This was pretty fun too loved to blow up stuff with these.

gas barrel.png

Awesome finds. The music requires coding to change which i am not against. I think at some point we have to require harmony stuff to get some removed mechanics back in anyway.

3 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

I like these ideas. right now the other animals use only the venison or pork if i recall since pre 17 we didnt have those animals. I will create meat for them.

Im going to see what i can do about gore blocks :)

we can use khaines hornet modlet. im sure he will be ok with that.

your modpack obviously but if you want to make life easier on yourself, consider the other wild animals just dropping "wild game meat" or alternatively the rabbits/snakes/coyotes can drop "small game meat" and the mountain lions/wolves/dire wolves can drop "big game meat".    Then you wouldn't have to make a bunch of new food for all the harvest meat drops (e.g. wild game stew instead of wolf stew/mountain lion stew/etc).  Just my two cents... 

7 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Walk only is definitely not intended and i will look into it when the holidays settle down more.

Hello @JaxTeller718 I was playing a vanilla game and the zombies run as usual, then I put a modlet of yours the "remove rage from the zombies" and they stopped running during the night, then I removed this modlet and they returned to normal running... There any easy way to remove that mod from the vanilla project to test it??

Edit: i changed the "movespeedaggro" to vanilla defaults and the zombies now run in blood moon 

Edited by braniel
Add update in the text (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, braniel said:

Hello @JaxTeller718 I was playing a vanilla game and the zombies run as usual, then I put a modlet of yours the "remove rage from the zombies" and they stopped running during the night, then I removed this modlet and they returned to normal running... There any easy way to remove that mod from the vanilla project to test it??

Edit: i changed the "movespeedaggro" to vanilla defaults and the zombies now run in blood moon 

I knew it!

Edited by LastTugBoat243 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Loucetios said:

So I'm having this error both by Mod Launcher and Manual installation. Main menu is working as it should, but new world gen and existing world gen creates this amalgamation of spam in the log.spacer.png

Yes we need to know what is causing this. I wanna play this Mod with my sibling but this happens so we can't play.

17 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Loucetios and LastTugBoat243

Maybe if they share the output log, it would be helpful.
In the image it is not clear.
Regards
Happy New Year

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jqq4cnktkpp9mx8/output_log__2021-12-31__10-41-43.txt/file

Here is the new server launch with the mod installed. The full log should be there from start of 7DTD to the nullexception endless spam.

There is also a crash log but I think that's from manually closing the game from the outside. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Loucetios said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jqq4cnktkpp9mx8/output_log__2021-12-31__10-41-43.txt/file

Here is the new server launch with the mod installed. The full log should be there from start of 7DTD to the nullexception endless spam.

There is also a crash log but I think that's from manually closing the game from the outside. Hope this helps!

Hi Laoucetios

I have checked the file and at the beginning it loads the S-core mod without problem, but it gives you a warning because it has custom code and you need to disable EAC for it to load.
The start of the error starts with a block of that mod:
2021-12-31T10: 42: 35 39.886 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
2021-12-31T10: 42: 35 39.892 EXC Class 'PathFinding, SCore' not found on block PathingCube!

From there there are more errors, but everything is due to this mod, it is necessary to disable EAC, if it does not work, try to remove this mod and the other Jaxteller mod should work without problem.
Regards
Happy New Year

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Laoucetios

I have checked the file and at the beginning it loads the S-core mod without problem, but it gives you a warning because it has custom code and you need to disable EAC for it to load.
The start of the error starts with a block of that mod:
2021-12-31T10: 42: 35 39.886 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
2021-12-31T10: 42: 35 39.892 EXC Class 'PathFinding, SCore' not found on block PathingCube!

From there there are more errors, but everything is due to this mod, it is necessary to disable EAC, if it does not work, try to remove this mod and the other Jaxteller mod should work without problem.
Regards
Happy New Year

I launched it without EAC and that seemed to work for me thank you for the help. Happy New Year! :)

image.thumb.png.fa977699a45de13391d484b734b18d9a.png

My issue has been fixed and have taken note of 2 new issues, one already addressed which was the zombies walking in the night and blood moon, but the log spike does not contain an icon and could be mistaken in the inventory.

Salvaging wood terrain also turns into the new wood and not the modded one. Not sure if intentional, but using it as fuel for now because it has no recipes.

Everything else seems pretty nice besides I think world gen with the mod installed is causing worlds to be super flat (not fully), but pre-mod RNG worlds seem to be fine.

Other than that, this mod is fantastic and I enjoy it so far!