JaxTeller718 Presents The Vanilla Project (A20)

JaxTeller718

Harvesting destroyed stone from mining stone is very similar to how it was in Alpha8. You would mine rock underground and acquire "Stone" from there you could break it up into "Small Stone" or throw it in a forge with a "Cement Mold" to make cement. In the Vanilla Project you mine stone and collect "Destroyed Stone" than you throw it into a forge and get stone added to the forge which you can make cement with.  You might be able to incorporate it into the mod.

Stone.png

Edited by LastTugBoat243 (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

I think its lumped in with Ravenhearst unfortunately

Servers do need this to see the icons

Farming added back in v1.7 coming soon

I only see 2 Mods in the A20 section in the launcher, yours isnt list yet

WishList is Lockable inventory slots, where you have your backpack open, hover over a slot, Press L and it the slot will be ignore during the pressing of the button that fills existing items in the container you have opened

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, wolverine576 said:

Is the Vanilla project going to be seperate from Ravenhearst?

I do not run the launcher sphere does. It IS separate from Rh. Just might be listed under it. Its a totally new overhaul

2 hours ago, wolverine576 said:

I only see 2 Mods in the A20 section in the launcher, yours isnt list yet

WishList is Lockable inventory slots, where you have your backpack open, hover over a slot, Press L and it the slot will be ignore during the pressing of the button that fills existing items in the container you have opened

Thats how we do it in Rh but I do not think our coder is interested in releasing this outside of it, I could be wrong though.

53 minutes ago, wolverine576 said:

Think requiring workbench to make wood planks from logs would be a nice adjustment. Or would that hinder progression? I noticed also there is a slowing effect shooting a zombie with the pipe shotty.

Hey wolverine. Have you been through a blood moon yet with the Vanilla project? Have you noticed anything weird about the zombies behavior. Because during the night and during Bloodmoons all non feral zombies are incapable of running for me. No matter how I adjust the settings and it kind of makes things easy.

In my personal opinion I think the making the player only able to cut logs in a workbench would slow progression too much.

Would a better solution be to increase craft time for wood planks by hand and make plank crafting significantly faster in a workbench?

Edited by LastTugBoat243 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

In my personal opinion I think the making the player only able to cut logs in a workbench would slow progression too much.

Would a better solution be to increase craft time for wood planks by hand and make plank crafting significantly faster in a workbench?

I agree, increased speed in bench

4 hours ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

Hey wolverine. Have you been through a blood moon yet with the Vanilla project? Have you noticed anything weird about the zombies behavior. Because during the night and during Bloodmoons all non feral zombies are incapable of running for me. No matter how I adjust the settings and it kind of makes things easy.

The feral zombie thing can be one of two things. I have noticed if we increase zombie population that they get confused and take a few seconds to recalibrate their AI to follow you which is an unfortunate vanilla issue. The game isnt designed to spawn too many zeds but we like them so YOLO lol

Also i did tweak them to be more like A16 zombies which is more "random" and dumbed down. They attack and seek a wider range. I can revert this back if it is too dumbed down. Let me know.

2 hours ago, wolverine576 said:

I agree, increased speed in bench

Another option is the table saw. We could either put them there, which i agree may be TOO harsh OR we could speed up crafting or add 1 or 2 extra planks to the craft via Saw.

In RH the table saw crafts more sticks spikes and boards than doing it in the backpack BUT i want this to remain true to vanilla as possible so even though i like the idea if it wasnt done in a previous alpha i probably wont include it. Great idea though.

I have returned the cement mold and stone to underground mining and added a lot of the suggestions. Patch later today!

Also the Vanilla Project on the launcher currently is for A20, i gave it to sphere to add to his 19 launcher a few weeks back but i think he has now updated the launcher to include an A20 section and it should be there.

10 minutes ago, wolverine576 said:

Me and you Jax, have thought alot alike to a modded version of 7D2D, more realism, like sticks...when does the funpimps not do that lol. The meat being different per animal is great too.

Their vision has moved to be more fast paced and arcade like while we enjoy the journey and the survival parts. Its awesome they allow modlets and modding because we can make the experience what we enjoy it to be :)

There is ONE null that i can not track down or you guys would have had it. working hard to find the fix.

2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.302 INF Loaded (local): sounds
2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.418 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed
2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.422 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RecipesFromXml+<LoadRecipies>d__1.MoveNext () [0x0029b] in <2ba1bc1bbbe64fe49f53fe5235fb7038>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__48.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <2ba1bc1bbbe64fe49f53fe5235fb7038>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass52_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__48:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.502 INF Loaded (local): blockplaceholders
2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.651 INF Loaded (local): loot
2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.775 INF Loaded (local): entitygroups

It is odd because everything seems to work fine, just close the console window and all the recipes are there just fine. it does not point to anything wither just says recipes. 

Did my first solo BM, went well zombies acted as expected, no issues. but....

-Zombie corpses now lootable thanks to Survagers Zombie Loot Modlet which can be found here.

II found that i wasnt able to loot the corpses before they despawn, unlike the yellow loot bags. This might be intended to keep the ground from being covered in zombies, which would be cool but performance wise not sure

44 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

There is ONE null that i can not track down or you guys would have had it. working hard to find the fix.

2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.418 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed
2021-12-24T13:31:11 38.422 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RecipesFromXml+<LoadRecipies>d__1.MoveNext () [0x0029b] in <2ba1bc1bbbe64fe49f53fe5235fb7038>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__48.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <2ba1bc1bbbe64fe49f53fe5235fb7038>:0 

It is odd because everything seems to work fine, just close the console window and all the recipes are there just fine. it does not point to anything wither just says recipes. 

Usually when that happens to be, the game loads part of the recipes, and stops after one that errors out....shrug

Very nice.  It's fun to see and compare what used to be in the game. 

I'd like to see all the hand models that used to be in vanilla come back,  like the stews, egg, meat, etc.  

May I do Japanese translation for this mod?  I can either give you the translations,  or distribute a separate localization modlet for it to the Japanese users.  Either way would be good with me.

5 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Searched through Gup's discord for that and the only thing that came up was Haidr saying it was a bad reference to a tool, like the crucible I think. So maybe look at those.

20 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Searched through Gup's discord for that and the only thing that came up was Haidr saying it was a bad reference to a tool, like the crucible I think. So maybe look at those.

Thank you this solved it!

New release now available. Suggested a new save and map generation to see caves!!

v1.7

-Removed Clay from Desert terrain

-ReAdded Wood Log Spikes

-ReAdded Blunderbuss

-ReAdded Blunderbuss Ammo

-Fixed Wood Item Repair Issue

-Added Yakovs Wellness Modlet which can be found here https://7daystodiemods.com/yakovs-wellness-system/

-Added Goukis Old Farmland https://7daystodiemods.com/gk-return-to-old-farmland/

-Added Rabbit KaBobs

-Added Stone to Underground mining replacing small stones. Placed in forge 1 piece = 25 Units of Stone

-Added Molds for the forge. Pipe/Bullet Casing/Tips/Jars/Nails/Cement

-Added Spherecore and his underground cave generation system