searchable burnt pine tree?

ChickenWings

17 hours ago, theFlu said:

No crucible in a tree's nest..? Darn. :)

Those seem to happen, very rarely, it's a tree and a bird's nest that somehow spawned into the same spot. The tooltip shows what you're aiming at, the loot table is from the nest. Or something to that effect :)

Recently I found a chainsaw schematic inside of a tree (ironic, I know), indicating that a garbage pile had spawned in the exact same position, leading to this issue. So a crucible schematic is technically possible. :) You would just have to search a lot of trees.

14 hours ago, Star69 said:

There was a bug when a tree and birds nest spawned on the same spot and it appeared like you were searching a tree and got feathers/eggs but I thought it had been fixed. Haven’t seen this one in vanilla.

I've encountered it numerous times in A19 RWG, so it's still a thing.

As a matter of fact, I just found said image...

spacer.png

21 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

single player or dedi - mods?

we do not have lootable trees like that in vanilla 7dtd.

suspect what theFlu said as probably a container in same spot but it shows the name of the tree.. thats why i suspect a modded server or game. :)

No mods, just a standard vanilla default option game.  Although I guess it could be called multi player because my son can join if he wants, friends only 8 players or something like that.

I think you guys are right, a tree and a bird nest somehow mixed together.  It acted like a nest when I searched it.  If it ever happens again I will chop the tree to see what I end up seeing or gain in my inventory.

Edited by ChickenWings (see edit history)

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I've encountered it numerous times in A19 RWG, so it's still a thing.

As a matter of fact, I just found said image...

Heh, neat find, that's one blue spruce... :)  .. As the talk was about if it is found in vanilla, at least your UI is slightly modded; any chance you've used a 3rd party map gen for the game?

Also, you already have the looted-counter there, you went and put it back for the screenie? (I know I would have.. :) )

20 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Heh, neat find, that's one blue spruce... :)  .. As the talk was about if it is found in vanilla, at least your UI is slightly modded; any chance you've used a 3rd party map gen for the game?

Also, you already have the looted-counter there, you went and put it back for the screenie? (I know I would have.. :) )

The only mods I had installed were a bigger backpack, the inventory slot lock mod, and a different UI. I bounce back and forth between KingGen and vanilla and I've encountered lootable trees in both map generators. I've also found numerous trees where deco (flowers, small rocks, etc.) spawned in the exact same place as them, resulting you in getting that item instead of wood and the tree having 1 HP.

I'm honestly impatient so I never look inside a container while looting it. I press the "R" key about 5/6th the way through the loot cycle so that the instant it is completed I'm out of the loot container and the items are already in my inventory. :) I thought it was going to be another bird's nest tree so I thought nothing of it. 

12 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

I think you guys are right, a tree and a bird nest somehow mixed together.  It acted like a nest when I searched it.  If it ever happens again I will chop the tree to see what I end up seeing or gain in my inventory.

When you go to chop those trees, they only have 1 hp so fall on the first swing and nothing shows up in your inventory.