Zombie Bane

Ianua

Ok, I'm kinda a wimp when it comes to survival games, but I do enjoy the challenge. I also LOVE the building / crafting part of the game. I would like there to be something that the player could build that would create a "safe zone".  I used to like rebuilding the cities or houses, but you can't really do that as much anymore since the zombies come in and tear stuff apart. I don't know if it would just keep zombies from spawning in an area or if it would kill them if they entered it.  Kinda like a landclaim block but for zombie repellent.  I know it sounds kinda OP, but for those of us that would like just a little security without always repairing and upgrading.

3 hours ago, Ianua said:

Ok, I'm kinda a wimp when it comes to survival games, but I do enjoy the challenge. I also LOVE the building / crafting part of the game. I would like there to be something that the player could build that would create a "safe zone".  I used to like rebuilding the cities or houses, but you can't really do that as much anymore since the zombies come in and tear stuff apart. I don't know if it would just keep zombies from spawning in an area or if it would kill them if they entered it.  Kinda like a landclaim block but for zombie repellent.  I know it sounds kinda OP, but for those of us that would like just a little security without always repairing and upgrading.

Well point of this game is ; you are never safe.  Well you can just turn off zombies

On 11/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, Ianua said:

I know it sounds kinda OP, but for those of us that would like just a little security without always repairing and upgrading.

You might be able to get close to what you want with existing configuration options...

You can change the size of the protected area provided by a Land Claim block.

You can configure the game to allow you to have more than one Land Claim block.

You can configure the area protected by a bedroll.

You can configure the amount of damage the AI can do to blocks.

Set the Land Claim Size to something large. I've no idea what the maximum allowed would be. If you set it via the "New Game" window, 71 is the largest preset they've given. If there is a max and its not big enough, let yourself place more than one Land Claim Block.

If its bedrolls that suppress spawning, then you can change that radius too.

Then, build walls around your perimeter to keep out the random spawns. Then you can have some fun of managing the maintenance of your walls. If you find the Z's are doing too much damage to your walls for your tastes/goals, you can change the BlockDamageAI setting so that Z's do less damage to blocks.

serverconfig.xml

<!--  Land claim options  -->
<property name="LandClaimCount" value="1"/>
<!--  Maximum allowed land claims per player.  -->
<property name="LandClaimSize" value="41"/>
<!--  Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone  -->
<property name="LandClaimDeadZone" value="30"/>
<!--  Keystones must be this many blocks apart (unless you are friends with the other player)  -->

serverconfig.xml

<property name="BedrollDeadZoneSize" value="15"/>
<!--  Size (box "radius", so a box with 2 times the given value for each side's length) of bedroll deadzone, no zombies will spawn inside this area, and any cleared sleeper volumes that touch a bedroll deadzone will not spawn after they've been cleared.  -->

serverconfig.xml

<property name="BlockDamageAI" value="100"/>
<!--  How much damage do AIs to blocks (percentage in whole numbers)  -->

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

There are ways to mod the game to keep your "vanity building" zombie-free.

You can have multiple land claims and you can create a trap block that instakills any zombie walking over it and/or a turret with silly range and accuracy that takes out anything flying or walking.

In the vanilla game zombies are supposed to be a threat, not optional. 😃

On 11/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, Gazz said:

There are ways to mod the game to keep your "vanity building" zombie-free.

You can have multiple land claims and you can create a trap block that instakills any zombie walking over it and/or a turret with silly range and accuracy that takes out anything flying or walking.

In the vanilla game zombies are supposed to be a threat, not optional. 😃

Perfect!  Thank you for all the responses. It is a hard balance to achieve between being able to "create" and still having a challenge.  I don't play Minecraft on creative because there is no "point". I don't want to make the entire world safe, I'd just like to be able to make a building or 2 a refuge for when I'm not looting or exploring.